Current Best GKs in the women's game

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by blissett, Oct 17, 2018.

?

who are currently the best GKs in the women's game (max three votes allowed)

Poll closed Nov 16, 2018.
  1. Alyssa Naeher (USA)

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Ashlyn Harris (USA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adrianna Franch (USA)

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Almuth Schult (GER)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Karen Barsdley (ENG)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Siobhan Chamberlain (ENG)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sarah Bouhaddi (FRA)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Stephanie Labbé (CAN)

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Erin McLeod (CAN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Lydia Williams (AUS)

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  11. Ayaka Yamashita (JAP)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Hannah Stambaugh (JAP)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Bárbara (BRA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Hedvig Lindhal (SWE)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  15. Sari Van Veenendaal (NED)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Loes Geurts (NED)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Katarzyna Kiedrzynek (POL)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  18. Manuela Zinsberger (AUT)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Christiane Endler (CHI)

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  20. Another GK, from one of the teams above or from another one (please indicate in the thread)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1 blissett, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    This thread was actually inspired by some discussions that recently happened in the US boards, where people were wondering if, in the post-Solo era, USWNT can still be seen as the NT with the best GKs in the world:

Not sure about USWNT, where the discussion began, but in fact goalkeeping has historically looked to me like one of the most glaring weaknesses of the women's game and the crop of current GKs in the world-top NTs doesn't seem to stand out as really exceptional and could even be seen as a plain regression compared to players from the recent past like Solo or Angerer.

Many of them, by the way, are quite old, with no real replacement to be seen at the horizon. Let's browse through some of the top-ranked teams' #1s (apart from USA, since it's someway a discussion of its own, and people are not sure about the picking order between Naeher, Harris and Franch):
    - Germany? Schult never seemed to give the same sense of confidence Angerer was offering.
    - England? Bardsley is just OK, but she never seemed actually outstanding to me.
    - France? Bouhaddi (everyone following women's football knows that) can save the game at any moment and completly mess up a whole match a minute after that. There were countless circumstances where a key-game was lost because of one of her blunders. The fact that, by about a decade, no-one looks enough qualified to take her place speaks volume about the general level of goalkeeping, not only in France.
    - Canada? Labbé is good, although, as others in this list, she's not very young. She can make incredible saves, although she doesn't use to be really a game-changer. Anyway, one of the closest to an actual good GK in this list, from what I saw.
    - Australia? Williams is another solid GK, probably well above average.
    - Japan? Yamashita (if she actually won the race for a starting place) can be outstanding but at the moment she's unreliable (not Bouhaddi-like unreliable, but she can still make blunders you wouldn't expect from her): she can basically cause a PK and then go out and save it. She's still young and can get better but right now she's shaky at best. U-20 World Champion GK Stambaugh could become very good in the future.
    - Brazil? Bárbara is quite good but not oustanding in my opinion.
    - Sweden? Lindhal, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated GKs in the women's game and she's most often out of position.
    - Netherlands? You don't even know if Van Veenendaal is currently their #1, since she doesn't start in her own club. Is Geurts better? Not sure, but you don't see a clear top-level GK here at the moment.

And with this we've covered the top 10 teams in the FIFA rankings. Do you see any name that could actually be seen as a world-beater the way Hope Solo had been? Which ones would deserve to be seen as the best ones? Which ones are merely decent instead?
    We could look lower than the top 10 teams, since there are NTs that can have good GKs even if their somehow second-string teams at the moment (Poland's Kiedrzynek, Austria's Zinsberger or Chile's Endler come to mind), but I am not sure if the picture is changing much by adding those.

I hope I haven't bored anyone with the creation of this little thread: in my opinion the current level of goalkeeping in the women's football is an important and interesting point of discussion, not only to decide who's the best but in itself also. :)

But if no-one is interested to add their two cents, this thread will disappear as quickly as it's been created. :giggle:

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am absolutely unsure of exactly where the best women's GK in the world is but I do know that, currently, she does not play for the US. Historically the US has had at least one of the top two keepers in the world but currently we do not have even one that I would think is even in the top four or five.

As far as other countries go I have not seen enough to really have a good feeling about even what league the best keeper in the world is playing but I am pretty sure she is not in the NWSL.

I will say that given proper training the #1 keeper for Panama seems to have the most potential as she already is real close to correct in her footwork and her first reaction seem to be in the correct direction. Those two attributes are very hard to teach if the keeper is not mostly correct from the start.

Of the women's keepers I have seen over the last few years every one has at least one flaw that, to me, makes her not really be a candidate for best in the world.

All that is not to say there are not several really good keepers in the world, there are, but there are none that I have seen enough to really judge that I would put in the great category.

Because of the above I am not voting in this as I think to be the best in the world a keeper need to not have flaws that someone such as myself can readily identify.

One more thing: This would be a lot easier if there were more coverage of the women's game world wide. Of course that additional coverage might even make it harder as there might be a dozen or so keepers out there that never get any exposure in the US that are better than anyone we have seen over hear. Or there might not be.

If I had to pick one or two from the above list to make a run to the top they would be: Lydia Williams (AUS) and Adrianna Franch (USA). Those choices are based as much on leadership from the keeper position as ability to make saves.

Of course what do I know? I am just a rapidly aging ex player and coach that played and coached in a very different era. When I played a keeper could pick up the ball and put it down and dribble around a bit and pick it up again.

blissett repped this.
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I would throw Zhao Lina and Ingrid Hjelmseth to the mix as well.

McSkillz and blissett repped this.
  4. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    #4 luvdagame, Oct 17, 2018
    see, i'd put franch ahead of everyone on that list.

jmo.

(i do love the "potential" of bailey, the new revelation from panama, & would like to see more of the 6' 1" murphy who plays for montpelier.)

you’re unsure, but you do know?

curious.

same.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These are good names that I had in fact overlooked! :eek: I would like to add them to the poll, but it looks like, although I am the one who created the thread, I am not allowed to change the poll anymore: anyone knows if it's possible? Should I ask some moderator?

By the way, I am not even sure if this poll is an appreciated feature or about who really wants to browse through those names and vote, but it seemed a good thing to me to have it. There is no expiration date, so everyone is allowed to vote for his/her favorite, even months from now. I was not sure about allowing people to change their vote, but I decided against, at least in the first time; should this thread become popular, we could probably post another poll later to allow people to change their minds.
    (Oh, since I see that someone has cast a single vote, I remind everyone that you are allowed to cast three votes, thus choosing your top three from this boatload of names, that I admit could be quite intimidating had people be supposed to only vote for one).

About Zhao Lina, I am actually not sure if you want to vote for the best GK or the prettiest one... :D (In that case, I admit she could easily be top 3, along with Christiane Endler).

Ingrid Hjelmseth is indeed probably one of the best GKs around these days! If I had forgotten her, it's probably because, since she's 38, I was inconsciously putting her in the previous generation already, although she showed in the recent qualifier vs Netherlands that she's still able to make outstanding saves and to be a deciding factor in a game.
    Since I don't think she'll have many other seasons in her after WWC (and possibly Olympics), though, she somehow reinforces my impression that the best GKs in the women's game actually seem to belong to the previous generation. When the current crop of over-30 will retire, what will remain to us to choose from? :cautious:

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Of all the GKs I'm familiar with in the poll, the one person I was certain to vote for was AUS's Williams. I also voted for Labbe and Naeher, but like the first post mentioned, neither of them are truly above anyone else in the discussion. I'm not familiar with UEFA GKs aside from the extensive talk around Bouhaddi, Schult, and Barsdely - and while they're not above Labbe and Naeher for me, it's an incredibly close call.

I will admit, I'm a little surprised recency bias didn't let PAN's Bailey on the ballot. X-D (Only a little surprised - she definitely hasn't had enough exposure to actually make the list.)

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, since it's me who made that poll (and the whole thread), I guess we can quite safely say that I am not a "recency bias" kind of guy! :laugh: An admittendly outstanding performance in a single name is not enough to me to call "best in the world": it is possible that Bailey soon becomes one of the "big names" of this game, and maybe, in the next days, we're going to see Panama ride her performances to an actual World Cup qualification, but at the moment it seemed too early to me to have her in this conversation (although I much respect @FanOfFutbol's opinion that she's one of the best set up young GKs around and that she's got a lot of potential).

Also consider that, since the CONCACAF's games were mostly in the night for me in Europe, I haven't actually seen Bailey's performance yet, apart from an one-minute-long highlights-video (and I had already complained about that on the CONCACAF qualifier thread). :unsure:

Anyway, Bailey and others are currently covered in the poll at the voice: "Another GK". :p

8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I indeed voted for only one name (overlooked the choice of three names), so from the list above I'd add Lydia Williams and Zhao Lina to Katarzyna Kiedrzynek

blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope I'll somehow manage to add Zhao Lina and Hjelmseth to the poll. If someone can address me to a moderator who could help me to add a pair additional names to the poll, I'd be grateful. :notworthy:

10. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how Labbe has so many votes... Don't get me wrong, she's good, but no where near best in the world. Watched her a number of times at Washington Spirit and she has trouble with aerial crosses into the box and organizing her defense.

As to who actually is. I don't know. I'm not voting cause there are many that I haven't seen. But Williams has at least seemed consistent. That's something.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No need to having seen them all to cast a vote. I don't have a solid grasp of everyone of them either.

But I guess if everyone here would cast a vote based on his/her personal knowledge, we'd get some meaningful results anyway (at max there could be some overlooked names that no-one really knows enough, but we'd anyway get a rough idea of respective levels of various GKs). So, please, cast your votes anyway. :)

12. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, it's Lydia Williams as the best in the World right now followed by that Chinese keeper(I'm sorry I forgot her name) and I also think Franch is better than the other two US keepers but she's not number 1 right now due to Ellis preferring most experienced keepers.

13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I thought a lot about if I should respond to this post or if such response would just seem to be ego stroking by me but I decided that, not having shyness or bashfulness as a character flaw, I would at least expound a bit.

I started a long post trying to list the attributes of a great keeper but then I realized that I could not make an exclusive list at all and what I was writing would be boring for many and even appear self contradictory in a lot of places. So I decided to go with a different kind of post.

The one major lack I see in Bailey is her distribution. She too often does not take her own goal kicks and she misses with her punts, throws and kicks too often. But she will learn.

She also makes the wrong choice between catching, punching and just leaving the ball alone too often. Again she will learn.

Bailey is not, yet, a great keeper but, assuming she goes to the WWC, she could emerge as a very good keeper and, if she plays in a major league somewhere, she could enter the "great" category within two or three years. A keeper that is both real young and great is rare and Bailey could be one of those rare occurrences.

Of course there are many things that can impact potential greatness like injury but I have seen other things that do not directly impact play make an even greater impact.

I once had a keeper that I was sure could be great. But she, after much internal debate, chose marriage and family and a teaching profession over the future her coach had in mind for her. I do not know if that decision was "best" but I do know she is very happy and has three girls and two boys that are just as happy. (BTW: Hubby is happy too) Football is not the end all for everyone and life is sometimes better without it. Bailey may decided to play football for a long time or she may not. I just hope that those pushing her one way or the other listen to her more than they talk to her.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am trying to contact a moderator to have Zhao Lina added to the poll and votable.

By the way, since I am at that and I am not sure that I had everything right (it's one of the first times that I open a poll here on BigSoccer), please tell me, guys: can everyone see the current votes that have been cast or you can only see your own vote? I really hope everyone can see all of the votes: if not, please PM and I'll try to correct that also.

At the moment Lydia Williams is ahead of everyone else with 7 votes. :)

15. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can view all the results without even voting at all.

blissett repped this.
  16. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lydia Williams is the best IMO right now.
    However, if you would have added Hope Solo, I'd probably pick her.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, is she still considered somehow active? What I wanted to do with this thread was making a chart of "current" best GKs, not some sort of historical "hall of fame".

I could be wrong, but it looks to me that Solo should be considered retired. Or can she come back somehow? :cautious:

Anyway, I guess everyone would agree that, if still playing, Hope Solo would be above the whole pool, but this is actually not the point of this thread.

18. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    #18 holden, Oct 17, 2018
    She hasn't officially retired. She could still play for a club team, just not the USWNT (well not unless they lift the ban). I'm surprised she hasn't, but maybe the shoulder replacement surgery didn't fix things well enough for her to play so she's effectively retired.

blissett repped this.
  19. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little late to the discussion but this summer I took my stab at the top 50 gks in the world, with a top 20 under 24 list as well.

https://www.everybodysoccer.com/even-the-goalkeepers-like-to/2018/6/2

I didn't include some of the names discussed here (can explain why if anyone is curious) but I will add that while I don't think the US has the number one gk in the world, I don't think the gap is that wide right now simply from there not being a Solo/Scurry-esque goalkeeper out there. There are aspects of Naeher's game I don't really care for but that's found in all the top goalkeepers right now.

But overall I think it may be a while before we see another gk at that level, although there are some talented young gks coming up in Europe atm.

sbahnhof repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very interesting. I am indeed interested in an elebaoration about the names that weren't included in your chart.:coffee:

Also, don't take it as an offense please, but isn't your chart a little US-centric? I do get that US soccer is probably the one you know best, but I sometimes get the feeling that some American-based GKs that aren't very well-known internationally are preferred in your list to other GKs from other parts of the world. Mind, you could be absolutely right: those GK could be much better than everyone of us outside USA could know...

soccersubjectively repped this.
  21. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which names (not included) specifically?

No offense and a fair question : ) It is American-centric but I think that's only a testament to how the college game has played a massive role in developing players versus what other countries have to offer. For example, maybe a mid-tier ACC team isn't going to truly compete for a national championship, but they're closer to the top than a mid-table team in England/Germany/France/etc.

Also another point to think about: it's a fairly big overhaul to bring in foreign players. So a club isn't going to go out of their way to bring in a foreigner unless they know they can produce. And there aren't that many American goalkeepers sitting the bench overseas. Players like Emily Dolan and Lindsey Harris basically stroll into starting spots when they went abroad because there is a bit of a talent gap. (And notice they've made notable jumps in terms of the level of play over the last couple years.) The best undrafted American goalkeeper is still a fair ways ahead of the 10th best X-country's goalkeeper. And typically there's a noticeable recovery in their goals allowed department when an American shows up. Not always, but more times than not.

So while 18 in 50 being American may seem a lot, I think there are a lot of signs that point to the median American goalkeeper being a level up over what the world has to offer.

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #22 blissett, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    I agree that I saw countless times European teams recur to US GKs, even relatively unknown ones, and usually being happy about the result. I am not completely sure that the gap is so wide between US GKs in general and the real high-end crop from the rest of the world, but I agree that the quality drops down quite fast as soon as you look at mid-table teams in non-US countries. In general, as I pointed out at the beginning of this thread (and you did too!), I don't see Solo-level GKs around these days, and this reinforces my notion that rest of the world could be closer than you're representing it: but I highly respect your competence and it's very likely that you're right in your analysis.

There is not much that I see missing from your chart, actually. I just wonder about the following ones:

- Christiane Endler: I can't say that I actually saw her play a lot of matches, but in the few I saw her play, since youth level, she looked quite impressive to me. Of course, playing for a quite marginal NT as Chile doesn't help her, but if her team qualified for WWC 2019 it's also due to her effort;

- Manuela Zinsberger: she was really outstanding for Austria at Euro 2017; she didn't follow up with an equally strong 2018 season, but she's anyway Bayern München's starter and maybe she can squeeze in somewhere at least in a top 50 chart;

- Ingrid Hjelmseth: you mentioned some Norwegian GKs, but she's the mama of them all and, at age 38, she stopped Netherlands FWs in their tracks to carry her NT to the WWC!

- Bárbara: nothing to write home about, but probably a decent GK, that I'd expect to appear somewhere in top 50.

I'd probably also mention Hannah Stambaugh in the Under-24 category: it's true that she didn't have much to do for most of U-20 WWC in France, but the day of the final she deserved the main stage with some very impressive saves that greatly contributed to Japan's title. Ok, she wasn't even Golden Glove of the tournament (England's Maciver was instead), but I can actually see a bright future for Stambaugh.

Also, since you have basically Canadian NT picking order reversed (correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that these days Labbé is starting over McLeod) could you explain what makes you think that McLeod is currently #1 in the world? Do you think that, apart from injuries stopping her back and forth, she keeps being Canadian #1?

Edit: I just realized that you made your chart in June, when U-20 WWC was far from being played and most of the WWC qualifiers I was referring to were still underway! Sorry for that, it's obvious that you couldn't consider performances that hadn't even happened at the time when you made the list. The fact that your list was referring to "2018" and that we're approaching the end of the year blinded me about the fact that you were only considering the first half of 2018! :x3:

23. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries : ) Still a lot of good points you've brought up.

Endler: She's actually the one I should have included. She was a bit off my radar in June. I will say that while she has the athleticism to move horizontally, her tactically approach for forward movement is really lacking. I think we saw her really struggle a number of times whenever she came out for a cross or scramble in the box against the US. There's some sort of misplay whether it's with her hands or feet

Solo wasn't exactly the greatest in the air and she opted to stay closer to her goal line instead, which I think would best fit Endler. She's got the mobility and athleticism to do it.

Zinsberger: She's still very young. She was 22 when I published my top 50. So that was working against her. She also struggles with a view fundamentals and I'm not crazy about that, but she also makes some nice saves at the same time. This France game is a good example:

Completely whiffs on a cross but has two good saves sandwiching the error. I think she'll be a top 20 gk at the least but I'm suspect of her ceiling. Feels like every time I see her it's one step forward, one step backward.

Hjelmseth: I don't think she's a terrible goalkeeper but at 38 she has lost all mobility. So while her positioning and hands are very strong, she can't really cover the goal like she used to. In her prime, she's a top 10 gk for me. But she's in the twilight of her career : /

Barbara: Barbara is basically the antithesis of Hjelmseth. Very scrappy, quick. She'll throw herself into any situation and sometimes it works out and other times not so much. Not a great goalkeeper but does some positive things solely from her determination. Not bad with her feet either. But adding Endler would bump her from the top 50.

Stambaugh is a good one. Can't remember how much I had seen of her up until that point but I was trying to keep the U24 gks older, unless I was just really certain (ex: Roebuck, who I really like). But yeah she is certainly in the running

McLeod has struggled to stay healthy in her later years, unfortunately. When she's fit, she's very good. I believe her knee (?) pulled her from competition this last month. But I love how she reads the game. She has a really nice rhythm to her. She's quick, tactically aware, and rarely overplays her hand. She has all the tools you'd want in a goalkeeper.

I ended up going to the final and had the pleasure to sit behind Labbé when the US played Canada in Frisco recently. Thought she had some really positive moments but overall her distribution was underwhelming and didn't really command the defense like I'd expect McLeod to. I don't think McLeod has much time left so even if she does get healthy again, I can't imagine her playing for the NT past next summer.

sbahnhof, JanBalk and blissett repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you, very interesting analysis. Of course, it helps a lot when you can see a GK play in a match in real life, at the stadium, especially if you sit just behind her goal. But in general, even if you happen to sit in the standings at the middle of the pitch, you can gather a lot of invaluable info that's almost entirely unavailable when you just see the matches on TV.

I had the chance to see a very little number of these GKs in real matches at the stadium (Bouhaddi, Schult, Stambaugh... I even watched Solo, once, at Algarve 2012); I watched most of them on TV (or streaming) only. Some of them, I even admit to have watched them just in highlights, not even full matches!!! :laugh: (Although they're very few: in general I watched at least a little number of full matches from almost everyone of the GKs I mentioned in this thread).
    About your top 50, I'll admit that I wasn't even aware of the existence of some of them, so you surely have so much more info available, both for number of GKs that you had under your eye and for the number of matches you saw (directly or through TV/PC).

So, even from just a statistical point of view, it's very likely that you have most of your assessments right and I thank you very much for the insight you added to this thread. :)

By the way, did you bother voting in the poll at the beginning of it? It would be precious to have your top three, even if you'd end having to click on "Another GK, not included in the poll"! :p (By the way: it was not my intention to close the poll after just one month, but apparently I did something wrong when I created it and the mods told me there was actually no easy way to change it, unless I wanted to open another thread).

sbahnhof repped this.
  25. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think a big issue (amongst many) with soccer on the women's side is the lack of coverage for players outside of the elites. Even Solo is still brought up when people talk about the best goalkeepers in the world. So in some sense it was to help with coverage for them. For example, I *really* enjoy watching Gaëlle Thalmann play. She's a bit reckless and it bites her sometimes, but she's extremely quick and aggressive and it's a joy watching her play like no one else. But she goes unnoticed because she's a bit off the radar : /

But also I appreciate the feedback. Some of the comments (from others, not here) are just from someone upset such-and-such goalkeeper isn't number one. While I watch as much as I can, I still value others' voices to keep me grounded. I have only one set of eyes afterall! So thank you for the positive discourse : )

I voted for Williams / Schult / Naeher! Labbe would have been my fourth pick.

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.