Cup 2nd round: BVB - Gladbach

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Oct 30, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I missed most of the first half.

Hitz
    LP Akanji Zagadou Schulz
    Witsel Weigl
    Sancho Brandt Hazard
    Bruun Larsen

Reus and Hummels miss the game due to minor issues. Alcacer is at least on the bench.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gladbach took the lead (our defense looked bad again), Brandt answered a few minutes later.
    We needed to concede before feeling the urgency to go for a goal.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandt scores his second goal. Now the question we all know too well: Can we finish the game by continuing to play our game and not lose the lead?

4. HockeytownHeel

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    good win but honestly I want domestic cups and domestic league win this year....

I know I am a broken record but the champions league means nothing this year and we should be focused on the League as futile as we have been there... sadly though, we wont win any of them with Favre at the helm

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:1 for us in the end. Game only got better after the first goal was scored. But at least there was some decent offensive football from our guys after that. Götze had a few nice scenes after he came in. If that offense gets going, we could see some really nice football.
    Schulz had some good runs and dribbles but these runs also resulted in dangerous counter attacks for Gladbach that were a bit scary because we were so open in these instances. Too many mistakes on both sides by many players though.

6. HockeytownHeel

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Also, I havnt heard but what happened to Paco.. injured again?

if he is... then it makes our lack of a striker signing in the summer even worse looking.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He was on the bench but I suppose his workload will be increased gradually to not risk another injury.