Cuba National team news and players - [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by soccer krazy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    Do any of you know if Maykel Galindo's MySpace Page is legit? I haven't seen it yet but I have some People telling Me it is but then again I have People telling Me it isn't....

2. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm not trying to be funny or anything but.... Since Raul Castro is now letting cubans in the island buy cellphones and stay at hotels... Is it too much to ask for him to make sports professional and allow exiles to represent Cuba on international competitions?

3. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think thats going to happen for now, one of the cuban strongers propaganda is the amateur status of their players.

4. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battery signs Osvaldo Alonso

Charleston, SC. The Charleston Battery has signed former Cuban national team midfielder Osvaldo Alonso for the upcoming USL First Division season. Alonso played for the Battery on trial during the recent Carolina Challenge Cup matches; he featured in each game and registered an assist during Charleston’s 2-0 victory versus Major League Soccer’s Toronto F.C.

Alonso defected from the Cuban national team last July during the 2007 Gold Cup, he joins Battery striker Lester Moré who defected with Alonso during the tournament and signed with the Battery earlier this year.

A native of San Cristóbal, Cuba, Alonso is the former captain of the Cuban Olympic team; he has been capped 17 times for the full national team and scored 2 goals.

Alonso, 5-11, 165 lbs., 21 yrs previously played for Pinar del Río in the Cuban First Division.

http://charlestonbattery.com/news.asp?id=366

5. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    Awesome News! I wish him the best with the Battery....

6. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another good news comin from LA, Jose Miranda, Yordanis Alvarez and Yenier Bermudez are in trial with LA Galaxy.

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yendri Diaz y Eder Roldán are both on trial with the PR Islanders.

[​IMG]

Both players(middle of the picture) with Alberto Delgado (right) another cuban exile who currently plays for the team and Puerto Rican Andres Cabrero.

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    Thanks for the updates on the Players.

10. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The futbol began in the cuban IV Olimpiada. In the firt day the cuban sub-20 lost against the venezuelan sub-20 (Only foreim team in the competition). In the second game the Occidentales (my guess the main cuba team) won 7:0 over the sub 17 (goals: Jaime colomé (1'), Pedro Faife (25), Alaín Cervantes (35'), Yenier Marquez (42'), Reinier Alcantara (43), Roberto Linares (68' - 75')

11. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is ridiculous (I don't know if I spell it right), nobody in cuban news agencies look that them care about the futbol. I been looking all aroud and no body have any single comment about the mens soccer tournement. Well if only one person that have says something about. This guy a journalist for Santiago de Cuba and he covers the tournament, and his daily column today he just give the scores, but he DON'T KNOWS WHO SCORES THE ONLY GOAL OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!
    In every where else, the tournement is like his hasn't play. Them talking about all other sports but the futbol has been buried. And after that them says that the futbol in not popular as others sports. That is b.... :mad:. People love futbol in Cuba, prove of that is how full are the stadiums where the national championship took place. Them only need more information about they teams and players. I can't way until this happen

12. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Finally here are the results for group B (yesterday)
    - Centrales - ISCF Ciudad de La Habana 0:0
    - Orientales - EIEFD 1:0 - Yordanis Tielves (34)

13. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ha I found it!!!!!
    Ok take a look to this Occidentales squad that play in the Cuban Olimpiadas:
    Trainer: Reinhald Fanz, Assistant Raul V. González Triana. Players: Dany Luis Quintero (GK), Silvio Pedro Miñoso, Yenier Márquez, Yusvani Caballero, Jorge Luis Clavelo, Lazaro Alfonso, Luis A. Villegas, Aliannis Urgellés, Alain Cervantes, Roberto Linares, Hensy Muñoz, Lazaro Arocha, Jaime Colome, Reysander Fernandez, Pedro Adriani Faifi, Reinier Alcántara, Leonel Duarte, Arael Argüelles.
    This team sound like the Cuban team that we will see in the WC Preliminars, I think Fanz star make his mind (Alcantara and Linares at from with Duarte an Cervantes in the midfield, Faife and Miñoso as laterals Jaime Colome, Yenier Marquez and two more in the defence, withh Dany Luis Quintero as goalkeeper. :D
    I think that other players that can be consider for the team are: Enrique Villaurrutia, Francisco Carrazana (Centrales), Joel Colome, Gisbel Morales, Yosvany Ayala and Julio Aldama
    Well I have 24 of 30 that training in the Pedro Marrero in the cuban pre-team.
    I really surprise don't see in the roster Vismel Castellanos (GK - Ciudad de La Habana), Juan Carlos Cabré (every body says that he is an excellent midfielder) and Serguei Prado a veteran that finished secon on the top goalscorer list inthe last cuban champioship.

14. emanuel

emanuel New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    any news on the kids that defected from the tampa tournament, any of them signed yet?

15. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nobody, for what I have found them still without papers. Miranda, Bermudez and Alvarez, were in trial with the LA, but after two weeks them left the cuban left, some said that them were on training with Chivas USA (the team don't said anything about that) and now them are in Seattle with the Sounders (but as the CUSA, is nothing official about it). Yendry Diaz and Roldán were with the Islanders and play one game of the preseason but after that the PR team said bye, bye to the cubans, About the other two nothing. I thing that we going to hear about them but the end of the season or for the next one, if them try to stay in USA

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    What happended with the Cuban NT training camp in Europe ? No matches in May ?

17. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just found trough the friend that live in Cuba, that the team left to Europe 2 days ago, nothing about the games. The cuban media as usual mantain complete silence about the team :mad:

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  19. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well the cuban newspaper says that will be against the Saint Vincent, also them says that the training camp will held for 24 days, nothing about the games in Europe

El técnico alemán Reinhold Fanz se estrenará internacionalmente con la selección cubana, a partir de la próxima semana, en canchas europeas, en su preparación con vistas a las eliminatorias mundialistas.
    Veintidós jugadores cubanos entrenarán en Alemania y Austria, donde disputarán "unos 8 partidos con clubes de primera y segunda división" dijo a Granma el comisionado nacional Luis Hernández.
    La selección, que sale en tres grupos entre viernes y domingo con destino a Bonn, está integrada por los porteros: Danny Quintero y Julio Aldama; defensas: Yenier Márquez, José Luis Clavelo, Silvio Pedro Miñoso, Reyxande Fernández, Sandro Sevillano, Yosvani Caballero, Kanier Dranguet; volantes: Jaine Colomé, Lázaro Alfonso, Hensy Muñoz, Alaine Urgellés, Alaín Cervantes, Pedro Faife, Joel Colomé; delanteros: Leonel Duarte, Roberto Linares, Reinier Alcántara, Luis Villegas, Yasnier La Rosa y Mario Ruiz.
    Fanz, un ex adiestrador de la Bundesliga, espera a la escuadra en Alemania, luego de sus gestiones exitosas para concretar esta gira. La delegación, presidida por William Bennet, la acompañan otros tres técnicos cubanos: Raúl González Triana, Roberto Hernández y Modesto Broche, viaje que también hará el fisioterapeuta Lázaro Córdova.
    Cuba debutará en la segunda ronda de la eliminatoria caribeña para el Mundial de Sudáfrica 2010 contra Antigua y Barbuda, el 15 de junio; una semana después, el 22, disputará el partido de vuelta, en el estadio Pedro Marrero, a las 5:00 p.m.
    La estancia en Europa será de 24 días y antes de su debut, San Vicente y las Granadinas ha anunciado dos partidos amistosos en La Habana, el 5 y 7 de junio.
    "La meta es clasificar para el Mundial; no es fácil, pero es asequible", dijo Hernández quien calificó a Fanz, único alemán que dirige a una selección nacional en América en la actualidad, como "muy trabajador, que ha dado al equipo un gran volumen de trabajo".

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ozzie Alonso scored for the Battery Friday night against Miami FC. he could have scored a second but he unselfishly crossed the ball to Lester More, who shot was only stopped by a great save by the Miami keeper

mikey

21. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What a shame!!!!. Alonso is my player but would be excellent is More scored that goal, for him and for the team. If he keep playing that good zooner than later some MLS team will be after him.

22. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
    Für die, die's interessiert:

SV Wacker Burghausen - Selección A de Cuba el 21 de Mayo a las 18:30 en
    Tittmoning (cancha: Sportgelände; dirección: in der Au / 84529
    Tittmoning ALEMANIA)

SV Schalding-Heining Passau - Selección A de Cuba el 22 de Mayo a las
    17:00 en Passau (cancha: Städtische Sportanlage Reuthinger Weg;
    dirección: Reuthinger Weg 8 / 94036 Passau ALEMANIA)

1.FC Vöcklabruck - Selección A de Cuba el 27 de Mayo a las 19:00 en
    Vöcklabruck (cancha: Voralpenstadion; dirección: Robert Kunz-Straße 2 /
    4840 Vöcklabruck AUSTRIA)

23. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
    SV Erlbach - Selección A de Cuba el 18 de Mayo a las 15:00 en Erlbach (cancha: Waldstadion; dirección: Am Sportplatz 1 / 84567 Erlbach ALEMANIA) 0:2 Goles: Roberto Linares (73.) y Pedro Faife (75.) Espectadores: 550

SV Wacker Burghausen - Selección A de Cuba el 21 de Mayo a las 18:30 en Tittmoning (cancha: Sportgelände; dirección: in der Au / 84529 Tittmoning ALEMANIA)

SV Schalding-Heining Passau - Selección A de Cuba el 22 de Mayo a las 17:00 en Passau (cancha: Städtische Sportanlage Reuthinger Weg; dirección: Reuthinger Weg 8 / 94036 Passau ALEMANIA)

1.FC Vöcklabruck - Selección A de Cuba el 27 de Mayo a las 19:00 en Vöcklabruck (cancha: Voralpenstadion; dirección: Robert Kunz-Straße 2 / 4840 Vöcklabruck AUSTRIA)

24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway