Cuba National team news and players - [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by soccer krazy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Olympic qualifiers are over , CUBA should start preparing for World Cup qualifiers.

News about the Senior NT ?

I read somewhere that St Vincent &The Grenadines NT are going to Cuba in April for Cuban Olympic Games ? What is that?

2. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Cuban Olympics began couple years ago and in them participated the best men and women of cuban sport as the Olympics. Those players are divided in three teams, Occidentales, Centrales and Orientales,. Recently them include other teams, as the Supoerior School sports, and some countries send their teams to participate.

3. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    About the senior NT, the new DT anouces the "program" for the WCQ. He don't give any names of the players that are in the team, he says thats not important (how knows :)) But he says that the team will play 17 matches, 12 in europe and 5 in the Caribean. The trainig can will be in Austria and Alemana.
    I really courious about with wich team he planned play, I hope that no happen the same of always that the team finish to play against club of 3 or 4 division and if them play against any national team this one is something as Anguilla :mad:

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thank you foe the update, any thing about the Osvaldo Alonso contract with the team?

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IM hoping its just a case of the paperwork waiting to be approved. They legally have to do that before the official announcment. I know he impressed the coaches and the owner.

7. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You right I remember that the same happen with Lester More. Alonso has been play very solid. Lets way for tonay game

8. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any thing with the 7 sub-23 :confused:

9. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    The Traitors - I mean, the Defectors that Defected the Cuban National Team during the Pre-Olympic Championship are going to be featured tomorrow Morning on Univision's Political Talk Show, "Al Punto".
    Damn Traitors, I would've NEVER Defected if I was given the opportunity to do so. Besides, Cuba isn't that bad of a Country compared to the poor, starving, and violent Countries of Africa where People go to starve for DAYS.

10. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You better don't talk about what you don't know

11. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    Well, is Cuba worser than those poor African Countries? I've always wanted to go to Cuba Myself....

12. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you have to be a cuban to know the real Cuba.

13. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think you have a realistic chance at all. I would be shocked if Cuba even made the hex. This is no disrespect towards Cuban players. It's obvious there is some real talent, but the lack of a professional league and professional players pretty much means you don't have any chance. The gulf in fitness and sharpness between pro and amatuer players is just too wide to overcome over a series of qualifiers. The only way Cuba would have a chance is if the defectors were allowed to rejoin the national team. Even that would still be a long shot because of an extreme lack of depth.

14. Danilo Luvano

Danilo Luvano New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    DFW, TX
    That's true. Last I checked, I'm of Cuban descent so that's why I've always wanted to go and learn more about the Country. But, I must admit that I got pissed off when these Defections happened because I simply didn't understand why they(the Cubans) would do this and now that I've talked to someone close to Me, I guess you can say I finally know why so I'm not going to write about all of these Defections anymore.
    Besides, I don't want another Poster to waste 30 seconds of his life on Me by giving Me Rep....

15. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Galindo scores again, he shows that he is ready hor his starting position :), go cuban!!!!

16. emanuel

emanuel New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    well, the only reason why i said that i thought we had a chance is because of the fact that a team like Trinidad made it to the last world cup, i mean, we can play with trinidad anyday, and i was hoping that this new coach will take the team out a lot and have them play against decent oposition. Also, let me throw something out there. I know that i am probably way off, but i want to hear your opinions on this. Do you guys think that Galindo is ready to take on bigger goals? I mean like europe, i mean i know that he has no shot right now on the premier league. But perhaps in a team in the second division like watford, etc. I think that he could have a year to get used to the english football in a lower league and then be decent in a higher division. I mean he has the pace and heart like very few others, and sometimes being able to run and fight is very easily overseen, but it is very important.

17. emanuel

emanuel New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    i am glad to see that more and alonzo are both playing together in charleston. I think that More may get to the MLS for a year or two, buthes too old. The one that i have high hopes for is Alonzo, if he can get better with his skills and get stronger, i think that hell make a pro for a while, perhaps even get to europe sometime. Its a shame that More decided to defect so late, because the Lester More that killed Costa Rica four years ago in the WC qualifier would have made a fine pro.

18. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with you about Moré, I think that he should left the team but in 2004, at that time he just broke the cuban record for leader scorer, he play for the national team scoring against every body, including those goals against Costa Rica. Unfortunally the last couple year hasn't be that good for him, he don't play a lot of games in cuban due the elimination of his team in the first round and the year after he just play in the second half still manage to score several goals. In the national team the things don't even got better, the new boss sent him to the bench, I think for some came of all trouble back in the days went both play for the same team, his excuse was that he has no mobility and wait for the pass come to him. Now in his new team, things can even star as well as we hope, because and injury put him to the side. I beleived that as soon he begin to got more playing time he going to show his quality
    About Alonso, I thing that he will improve pretty fast, and I think that will be in the MLS pretty soon, for what I saw in the first day some teams need midfields in the hurry

19. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I say ... Why know he shows that he is good as best strikers of the league, He is fast and he got technique, his speed can be a lethal weapon in teams of Englad where the love to use long passes. I think that he has to improve his game with the head. I will not surprise that will going to hear about some England team offer a contract

20. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on the work permit issue. Obviously due to Cuba's messed up political situation he could possibly get a wavier on the national team requirements, but the team that wanted him would have to convince the labor board that he is far above the local standard.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  22. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nothing yet, is a lot of talk but nothing in papers yet, we don't even know who has been call for the pre-selection, still we can name the big part of them, because in Cuba even when we got good players almost the sameones are the ones that made the team

23. emanuel

emanuel New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    That was something that i wanted to ask. How would Galindo be able to get a work permit in Europe if he hasnt played for his national tema this year? I really dont know how this process works in Europe, could anyone enlighten me?

24. emanuel

emanuel New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    this pisses me off. We finally get a foreign coach who looks like he is decent. And then we dont play friendly matches. Come on now. I am sure that there are a few first division clubs in this world who would like to play a friendly against us. For crying out loud, freaking to and play some first division team from like Russia and the Chech Republic or find some good national teams in Asia (China, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc) or even Africa (Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast etc) that would want to play you. I mean we have some decent players that could make a great team out of this cuban team, but if we dont play top oposition we'll never get anywhere.

25. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is the same history of ever, I really don't belive that the Cuban Federation care to much about the football in the island, I don't see them move stuff around to got friendlies for the team, and you can see that in the last FIFA day, almost every body play, but Cuba, Panama was desperate to got some to play and nothing from Cuba, no interest fron de Cuban FA. I really don't happy with the new DT, I really don't see great thing in his resume, but he took the place for free and that is a good thing for the Cuba FA, (more money for they pockets).
    Right now his in Germany made contacts to got some friendlies agains teams of that country and Austria (lets wait and see what he can got, different that the Bonner Club) He promeses those games since february when he took the job.
    Nothing yet about the players that training right now (30 players) in the Pedro Marrero