Cuartos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by superfrantheman, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Regardless of the result, this is exciting. Down to the wire.

Damn it, what a great Libertadores this year.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Seymour has been impressive in this tournament.

PS: Now, every time I see Ronaldo, I hear in my head: "Iiiii... voce comeu o travesti...."

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eu solamente meu refiria a la lojica que usaba Colorado , nada mais. E lamentable la actucao de Desabato nao lo nego , pra tamien lo de Lauro isso e realmente um acto de cobardia .. Desabato tene su fama de racsista em Brasil . Em este momento ninguem lo acusaba de racsismo solo de pelea depois del partido..

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So the semis are set:

Chivas vs. U de Chile
    Sao Paulo vs. Inter

:D

Can't wait.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ridiculous dive by Vinicius Pacheco. He always does that dribble and dives. He was in good condition to cross it in front of goal.

Congrats to La U for a well fought series.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    It's over. Flamengo FINALLY defeats U de Chile, but it's not enough.

Frustrating for Flamengo fans. They defeated the #1 ranked team Corinthians in Sao Paulo and they made way too many mistakes in Rio. Their defense, and their goalkeeper especially, were very shaky. The goal they just received tonight - why was the goalkeeper so ahead? Poor positioning.

The fact they fought hard tonight, scoring two goals and actually winning, in addition to the two goals scored last week, leads me to believe that Flamengo had what it took to advance. It's not like a Copa do Brasil match, where SPFC or Internacional would've faced a vastly outmatched, obscure team from the Brazilian northeast. Flamengo had it in them to advance. And I wanted them to do so - 3 Brazilians in the final four! But not this year.

Well, from now on, the only Copa action we'll have is the COPA DO MUNDO beginning in less than 3 weeks. :)

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Desabato nao tem somente "fama" de racista no Brasil. Ele foi confirmado como racista, preso e colocada na cadeia por esse crime.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    O Colorado_Gaúcho é um compatriota brasileiro meu, mas ele é ele e eu sou eu. Eu nunca concordei com as ações do Lauro; mas, convenhamos que quem iniciou a confusão foi o Desábato.

Além disso, acabei de ler na imprensa brasileira que o Desábato tem uma história com o Abbondanzieri que vem dos tempos de Quilmes vs. Boca Júniores.

E mais uma coisa. Ele chamou o Grafite de “negro de m----a,” chamou o Ortega (OUTRO argentino) de alcóolatra. Será que ele não disse nada ruim ao Abbondanzieri?

Mas perpetrar esse papelão num jogo de volta nas quartas-da-final da Taça Libertadores, em casa, com a América inteira assistindo ao vivo, é uma vergonha e uma palhaçada.

9. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Too bad Inter and Sao Paulo can't make a rematch of 06 finals. If we would play against the chileans and the mexicans we would take them out and make an all Brasilian final. Oh well, nobody likes that but us.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Well, that would've been awesome. But I have to say that Cabras vs. Universidade de Chile seems like an intriguing matchup. Universidade is a gritty, compact team and Cabras' youths eliminated Velez Sarsfield and Liberdade, two strong teams who did well in the group stage. Once Cabras has its Mexican NT personnel back, Universidade de Chile will have a lot to handle.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh well, is not going to take long for the mexican players to return to their team. After all they only play 3 matches at the WC and that's it!!!

AHAhAHAHAHaha

12. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    haha culotranny Gaucho always makes me laugh .

1 person likes this.
  13. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Bloody hell...that was close...just woke up this morning and checked the results...we are in semis again after a long time. How did la U play? Is it worth downloading the match?

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interestingly the majority of the series, except for one, once again were definied by a single goal or away goals.:eek:

15. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ahauhauhauhaua

He was trying to score, not to pass. Eu não acho ele craque. Só bom jogador.

São Paulo x Inter will be exciting. Can't wait.

And I'll be there: 08/04/2010 at Morumbi.

Como eu te amo, tricolor.

16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nope we play 4 ;)

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah if Flamengo advanced I would have loved to see what Conmebol would have done about a possible all Brazilian final, but I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed Flamengo against Chivas. :rolleyes:

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not this year you won't.

mexico will loose to France, will loose to South Africa (the refs will make sure that happens) and don't even worry about whatever Uruguay will do to you.

3 and out brother. What can you do? It's mexico after all.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Desábato is a pathetic sore loser.

I scoured sports news this morning, and he claims he went up to Abbondanzieri because Abbondanzieri celebrated “against the people.” But apparently Desábato wasn’t aware that the white-and-red-clad fans behind the fence, in the stands, with whom Abbondanzieri celebrated – and not against – were fans of Internacional and not fans of Estudantes da Prata. :rolleyes:

As for Verón, I’ve always thought of him as a great player and still do, and at first I thought he behaved well last night. He tried to calm things down with Abbondanzieri at first, and while some of his teammates attacked Internacional’s players, he tried to gather his team at center-pitch to acknowledge the fans. Classy. Until I saw a clip of an interview, where he said, “… what do you want… the same as always… they’re Brazilians,” with a disdainful tone.

Verón himself may not have taken part in the fight, but his teammates who did should remember that last year, when Cruzeiro fans popped fireworks before the match only to see Estudantes with the trophy, Estudantes was left alone to celebrate their win in peace. Cruzeiro fans and Cruzeiro players did not do anything barbaric or inappropriate.

Liga de Quito, Onze Caldas, Internacional, São Paulo, Boca Júniores, Olímpia, Palmeiras… the winners in the past decade or so… none of these teams went on a rampage at the end of the match which saw the end of their run as champions.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I knew they would be pissed when Inter scored because they opened the champagne a bit too early and when you got that taken away it really sucks.

AHAHAHA

Ate no ole.com.ar ja estava na pagina estampada a vitoria delas. AHAHAH

Cairam do cavalo.

21. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    France with Domenech isn't really as powerful as France could be, we won't get as screwed by the referees as Uruguay will vs SA since it's the opening match and we have beaten Uruguay in recent years. We have been able to get out of tough groups in the past and frankly this year it doesn't look as tough as in 2002 with Italy and the 1998 3th place Croatia.

We may not be the best team in the world, we may not win the WC someday soon but hell, we always get out of the group stages.

22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I wouldn't include Boca Juniors as having a history of gracefully losing. They had a delayed reaction in 2005.

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess that wasn't only the estudiantes fans that act like idiots last night.

[​IMG]

ole.com.ar 1 minute before Colorado's goal!

AHAHAHAAH

24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Well from what I remember, a FAN entered the pitch, did something, and went back to the stands.

But what I also do remember is that their then coach spat on a Cabras player.

But was there a wholesale brawl like last night?

25. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It's just about being sore losers. Look at how Lanus went out this year.