CSU Bakersfield 2017

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by OverseasView, Feb 9, 2017.

1. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The two wins did not only bring conference points, but also individual rewards.
    Great, it will be boost the team's confidence and makes a dad so proud.
    1. Jérémie Charron, central defender, named WAC defender of the week.
    http://www.wacsports.com/news/2017/10/9/wac-mens-soccer-players-of-the-week-announced.aspx
    2. Jamie Carey-Morrell, captain and central defender, part of CSN's team of the week.
    https://www.collegesoccernews.com/i...l-team-of-the-week-week-ending-october-8-2017
    And his bicycle kick is nominated for the WACtopPlay award: let's vote for him!

And to finish this post full of good news, the Runners' article about the week-end wins:
    http://gorunners.com/news/2017/10/8...e-6-point-weekend-with-shutout-over-unlv.aspx

MonagHusker, Sandon Mibut and fknbuflobo repped this.
  3. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Jérémie Charron!

OverseasView repped this.
  5. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #55 OverseasView, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Merci ! Thanks !

7. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    MonagHusker repped this.
  8. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    HBU leads 1-0 at the break. Even if they are not really good it is deserved, as the Runners did not enter on the pitch.... no urgency, half-hearted challenges, lax man-marking. It was a little bit better in the last minutes.
    Let's hope that their coach uses the hair dryer during the break.

9. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #59 OverseasView, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Final HBO 2 . CSUB 1.
    Not a great game. HBO is a weak team and today the Runners were weaker.
    They only played in the last minutes of the game and it should not be: no excuses.
    I am afraid that their last successes made them losing some focus. They were not there, as a team and as individuals for too long periods. And they paid the price.....
    Let's hope they will learn from this.

10. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This match made me grumpy...... :mad::devilish:...... :laugh::laugh::laugh: We love football.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MonagHusker repped this.
  11. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious what is "use the hair dryer"? I didn't watch the game and wasn't sure if it was literal (i.e. raining) or something like "light a fire under them."

:)

12. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It is a saying coming from the time when Sir Alex Ferguson was managing MU.
    When he was not happy he was screaming in the faces of the players, so blowing air like an hairdryer. It is now a common pun about coaches clearly telling their players what they think about their performances. Usually at the break in the changing room.
    See these links.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hairdryer_treatment
    "This phrase was at first only used about the UK football manager Alex Ferguson's dressing room rants at his players, but later spread to similar action by other football managers, and now even outside the sport."
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-hairdryer-treatment
    http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchest...treatment-when-he-may-have-used-it-at-man-utd
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ons-anfield-hairdryer-treatment-a7992221.html

SoccerIsOurLife repped this.
  14. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    MonagHusker repped this.
  15. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In the WAC's game between the two big wigs Air Force and Seattle, the result is a draw 2-2 after OT. I will try to watch the replay if possible, as it was one this week's top games.

16. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I hadn't heard it but Sir Alex also predates my getting into the game. I am old enough, but didn't start following until last year.

17. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It the neighboring state "rival" for our main collegiate American football team.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Last chance for either team to get a big RPI win. Now they have to run the gauntlet of teams in the 100s who will drag down their ranking.

Amazing, btw, that in mid-October Air Force is still 11th. (Top team in the RPI outside of ACC/Big Ten) Let's see where they are at the end of the month.

19. gauchodan

gauchodan Member+

Oct 18, 2016
    Air Force earns a bonus for the draw away vs. 31-45.

Air Force has an excellent SOS, having played just one losing squad in non-conference. Their remaining 6 games will trash that, of course, as all of their opponents have losing records.

Hypothetically, given current opponent records, Air Force's SOS will drop from .5823 to .5160...a pretty significant hit to half of its RPI. OSS also drops, but marginally, from .4992 to .4912.

SOS and OSS are 75% of the RPI, so we're looking at a probable drop of .0351 (SOS differential/2 + OSS differential/4) which would need to be made up in the front end of the RPI (win-loss-draw record).

Air Force is currently 9-1-2 (.8056). We need an increase equal to 4*.0351 (.1404). Can Air Force get to .9460? If they win all 6 games, 15-1-2 is .8704, so no, they will not be able to hang on their current RPI. Doing the math: ((.8704)+(2*.5160)+(.4912))/4 = .5984. That would drop Air Force to an RPI of 13.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Well, 13 is better than I thought it would be based on how bad the rest of their schedule is.

If Air Force is in the top 16 when the bids come out, they should be thrilled.

21. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok....
    After the non-match against HBU the Runners owe us proper performances with concrete involvement. Coming back from Texas with 4 or 6 points would be very good for the perspective of the conference tournament.

22. Strikerdad10

Strikerdad10 Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Sorry it took so long to reply.
    I watched the game and it was a typical 2nd game in 3 days effort. The teams seemed pretty evenly matched. I'm with you, I had no idea what the red cards were for. Your son played well and was quite composed under pressure. You guys need to get 6 points in Texas those teams are not very good. (But neither was Houston Baptist so they better not overlook them) Good luck tonight and Sunday.

23. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    UTRGV-CSUB: 0-0 after OT.
    See after:
    upload_2017-10-21_4-33-34.png

Mamamia, I never saw this.... It reminds me the Deutchland-Ostreich WC game where both teams were happy to draw (and to eliminate Algeria). But in worst.
    It really feels like I have lost 120' of my life.

24. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #74 OverseasView, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    One positive point: the very good quality of the UTRGV/WAC video stream. Almost looking like HD.

The article by the Runners' press officer is already out. And they mention the numerous point blank saves made by Dedre Bell (http://gorunners.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3287). I previously highlighted that he is bloody good. And he has proven it again.
    I would be pleased that he is recognized nationally. The issue is that he is not playing for a big team. so he might pass under the radar. But he really deserves it.
    http://gorunners.com/news/2017/10/2...et-an-important-point-at-utrgv.aspx?path=msoc

25. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    To be clear about previous grumpy posts. UTRGV plan was not to commit a single player in the opponent's half. Not one..... All 11 players were waiting in their last 30 meters. Appaling. And hoping to do something with the very rare breaks.

So CSUB during long minutes was exchanging balls between the backs and the GK, waiting for an opening.
    But the UTRGV Players were not moving one finger. CSUB's objective was to get at least one point in the perspective of the conference ranking, knowing that UTRGV always play like this. So the instructions were to be very cautious. Tedious but at the end it worked thanks to the GK's outstanding performance who saved three shots that were due to be goals. They rode their luck.

By the way UTRGV are well punished as they lost two ranks in the conference ranking due to others' wins. Their disgraceful gamesmanship just deserves this.

Now the Runners must win the game against the poor IWU to justify their friday's game approach. Coming back home from Texas with four points will almost ensure a seat In the conference tournament.

On a broader perspective, this type of game will do no good for the image of football and is likely not to attract more potential fans to the game. And maybe repell some who had a look at it on friday evening.