CSU Bakersfield 2017

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by OverseasView, Feb 9, 2017.

1. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ooops just noticed I did not give the update.....
    Well consistence in inconsistency for the Runners. Lost 2-1 against UC Davis.
    Nothing really to say, not a great game and the young Runners have to improve their mental preparation as they too often have poor starts of games.
    And their offense has a lot of room for improvement: out-shooted 15-6 by UCD.:speechless:
    http://www.gorunners.com/news/2017/9/3/mens-soccer-csub-loses-on-the-road-at-uc-davis.aspx

No game for the Runners this we.

2. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The young RoadRunners are back in action this we. They are headed to Las Vegas, Nev., Sept. 15 and 17, to compete in the Johann Memorial Classic hosted by UNLV.
    They will play Gonzaga and St Francis (PA), respectively Friday at 4PM and 10.30 AM on Sunday (PT).

http://www.gorunners.com/news/2017/9/13/mens-soccer-head-to-vegas-for-tournament.aspx

The games unfortunately will not be streamed: only UNLV games will (dare I say that it is not fair: for once they were at reasonable times for us in Europe... :cry::thumbsdown:)

3. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The Runners resisted until OT (19 shots for St Francis vs 7), but could not got further than 6 more minutes. Final score: 2-1.
    Their GK made 8 saves. I guess it was an heroic resistance by the defense....:confused:

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Six years of following bad college soccer. You have my respect, my friend.

Real Mobile, fknbuflobo and OverseasView repped this.
  6. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    ANY soccer, good or bad, is better than no soccer!

OverseasView and SoccerIsOurLife repped this.
  7. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Real Mobile, CaptainD and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    With a pinch of.... frustration...
    CAL Poly beat CSUB 1-0, goal at the 84th minute.
    For once the Runners were leading the shot counts: 13-10... 6-5, Did you say Accuracy (the title of a great song by The Cure)?
    Next step: first conference game @ Seattle (ouch) 29th Sept. at 7PM (PT). This game will be streamed.

11. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Yeah, not a stadium. Just a field in Paso Robles (wine country at north end of county and 30 miles north of Cal Poly's stadium). An hour one way from my home. I was too damn tired after a very long 65hr week to get on the road for an 11am game on Saturday when I'd already been in that same town twice in previous 5 days for business (long drive, but also over a grade). Can you tell I'm not a fan of them playing there?

OverseasView repped this.
  12. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jérémie told me that the pitch itself was not so bad, baring the funny surrounding. (And remember that he has been footballistically raised playing on the meticulously pampered Swiss pitches :geek:).

CCSoccerFan repped this.
  13. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    To be honest, Overseas, our home pitch sucks too as we share it with that other football game.

14. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here 5 am, watching the game against Seattle.
    3-0 for SU after 58'... Only one shot for the Runners, 15 for the RedHawks.... It is a long long short night....:confused:

15. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Final 4-0 for Seattle.
    22 shots vs 1. That summarizes the game........
    At least with my son being central defender, I can see him in a lot of action.... That justifies to stay awaken so late (early) in the night.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  16. Strikerdad10

Strikerdad10 Member

Jul 22, 2005
    What number is your kid? Think i'm going to watch the game tomorrow.

17. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #42 OverseasView, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Hello.
    Number 5, central défender. He should hopefully start as he is the only field player who played the full 90' the previous matches. With his GK mate, they are the rare ones with steady and strong perforomances. May it last long hoping that this post doesn't jinx him;)
    Enjoy the game. On our side, we will watch it as it is streamed. And for once at a reasonable time, as it starts at 1 pm PT, meaning 10 PM for us.:sleep:

18. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #43 OverseasView, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    The Runners won 1-0 against UVU.:)
    With a PK (46'), for which a mild hand-bag led to two red cards, one for each team (we still don't know why the referee made this decision).
    As soon as the Runners scored, they stopped to play and totally left the ball to UVU. A big risk as they had to defend against waves after waves of long and high balls aiming at the UVU giants. But as these ones are not greatly skilled it did not mean too many dangerous situations, usually well mastered by the defense and the GK (only 4 SoG by UVU for 14 shots). The Runners were able to keep their head cool and their defensive shape during this long very long 2nd half, dominated by a toothless UVU team.
    To be noted 18 fouls made by the Runners vs 7 for UVU. It shows they really wanted to protect their lead.:confused:
    The Runners had a pretty good first half, with some nice interplays. In the second half, they dramatically faded not being able to align more than three passes in a row. They just had a couple of dangerous breaks as UVU were chasing a goal. Physically they were knackered, but showed a great team spirit and solidarity. For this (and their first half), they deserve this victory.
    It was a must win match. These three points will do good to the moral.:cool:

19. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Have you been able to watch the game? If yes, was it enjoyable? Any thoughts about the gameplay, the players or the ambiance in the stadium?

20. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Another must win game to confirm the previous result and establish a virtuous circle.:cool:

21. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Goal by my beloved Jérémie :thumbsup::cool: His first. But Runners are still led by GCU 2-1.... 20' remaining...

22. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    CSUB-GCU 2-2. In OT now.
    GCU leads shot stats: 23-12, 11-7.
    Outstanding game by the Runners' goal keeper, Dedre Bell. Since the beginning of the season this guy has been so good.

23. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Goal by CSUB in the OT. Win 3-2.
    What a game. Some beautiful goals and several great saves. Entertaining.
    And my son scored his first goal of his College soccer career: happy Dad! ;):cool:

24. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Sweet!

25. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #50 OverseasView, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Another win for the Runners, against UNLV 1-0. After they scored they stopped to play leaving the ball to UNLV. So for a long part of the 2nd half, the Runners again gave a master demonstration of sturdy resolute defense. Whist in the 1st half at 0-0 they were playing well and level with the Rebels. Too bad they fade like this when they lead. And too risky....
    It is not the first time they do this, and I am not sure they can always ride their luck like this....
    Anyway, now 3-1 in the conference, good for them. 5-6 for all games. Improving......