CS Emelec....news & transfers (r) Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by siempreazul, Nov 27, 2010.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll defer the analysis to the more descriptive and thorough posters in the board.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think U de Chile is lucky as hell that Eduardo Morante is transferring there. He's one of the many players Sampaoli brought up during his time in Emelec. Sampaoli has an eye for talent. There's many young players in Emelec that he promoted to the first team and now they are players who are either in the NT or a step away.

Morante is an awesome defender. IMO the best we have in the country along with Fricson Erazo. Morante started the qualifier game vs Paraguay and was subbed in to play the game at home vs Peru. He did really well in both. its tough to beat this guy in the air. I can say I feel secure if he starts any NT game, and I'm glad he went to a great team.

His weakness is that he can get injured during the season and be out for a few weeks, but he makes really great comebacks. If he stays healthy you guys got one great defender. I wish Liga had the budget to sign him.

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    This is what I wanted to hear... I am salivating already. :D

I think La U may have made a brilliant deal here, the best purchase in defence we have made since Victorino (the Uruguayan who went on to finish 4th in the WC), I heard he cost 2 million US dolars... and we sold our captain Rojas (28) to Botafogo for a bit over a million... he is at the peak of his career and his price will not go any higher. He was only 1,76, but had great positioning and awareness... other than that, I think we have bought a superior defender in Morante who is only 24 and from what I have heard, has Rojas beat in every department except experience (which he will undoubtedly gain in La U as we are playing almost every tournament next year... Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Cope Chile, Chilean Apertura and Clausura Chapionships, Recopa and another asian one I can't remember).

Whilst we will never replace our attack with Edu Vargas leaving for Napoli, I think la U has managed to actually improve our defence by swapping Rojas for Morante. I expect the market value of Rojas and Morante to translate itself on the pitch, if this is true Morante should be twice the player Rojas was and if he does his job properly do not be surprised if we sell him to Europe or Brazil within a year or two. Ecuador NT will also win from this.

With Morante and the two Gonzalez (Marcos and Osvaldo) I believe La U will have the strongest defence in Chile and one good enough for Copa Libertadores.... and as every coach worth his salt will tell you 'los equipos se arman desde atras.'

I look forward to seeing this giant in action.

EDIT: His rep just said the deal is not closed!!! :eek: ...after all the talk I would be gutted if this does not go through...

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It went through. I think he's signing tomorrow.

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Wohoo get the champaign out! We will certainly need him now as we have been forced to sell Marcos to Flamengo. :(

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    $2 million transfer for Morante? Best of luck in Chile....great team at the moment.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    dia de la EXPLOSION AZUL
    1-1 vs el DIM (equipo en formacion)

empezo ganando con gol de santiago Trellez

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great 2nd half of Emelec vs DIM. Emelec missed a couple of goal opportunities that could have been goals. The whole team showed a lot of effort throughout the game. Great performance by "El Rifle" Dreer. He saved a couple attempts of DIM in the first half that could have been a goal. I wanted to see Luciano Figueroa! Emelec attacked a lot but missed to score a goal.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think that's been their problem in the Libertadores in past participations, too. More focus. Do you think the team can do well this season?

10. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    First of all, Emelec, will need a couple of weeks or months to gel well. The team vs DIM looked very promising in attack. Emelec created a lot of clear opportunities on goal that could have been scored. The ball was well distributed at times. Had Emelec one of the missed opportunities vs DIM, we would not have this discussion of Emelec missing goals. We have to wait and see how the players settle during the different games in the near future.

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hey guys, a question for you. can you tell me who are best Ecuadorian players in Emelec? I know Gaibor and de Jesus, but besides them?

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fernando Gimenez, Gabriel Achilier, Pedro Quinonez (the best)

Marcos Caicedo, Enner Valencia, Angel Mena. (really good players, but some are inconsistent/lack playing time...but Marcos Caicedo is the youngest of the three and has the most potential)

From the new signed players that just came in we'll have to wait and see.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thank you very much for your answer :)

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    getting ready for copa liberta?

or israel is calling a player from emelec?

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jajajaja NO, I'm also managing Israel's biggest soccer forum and we are doing a review of all the Libertadores clubs :)

16. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What is the situation with "El Rifle" Dreer? Would he become an Ecuadorian Citizen any time soon? Any information on that?

17. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just got back from Estadio Capwell.. what an amazing game!! Nothing better than a brilliant come-from-behind victory. Down 2-0, but scored in the 79th, 80th, and 82nd minutes to win it. Great fans, too. Never gave up their support.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ener Valencia had one hell of a freakin game. 2 goals and that assist. He won that game alone. Macara was doing better from what i saw at the beginning of the second half but Ener turns things around. And like the commentators said "ya es tiempo de que sea titular". Swear, they hide this kid in the bench EVERY SEASON after he has really great games. Emelec has been a trap for certain players (Ener Valencia, Marcos Caicedo). Luckily one got out for his own sake.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy49Yoe78M"]Emelec 3 - Macará 2. Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2012. - YouTube[/ame]

when marlon de jesus matures 100%, i imagine him scoring lots of goals like the one he scored today. nice finish.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's a joy watching Gaibor and Enner Valencia today. I hope they get to go abroad one day because I really think they can succeed in Europe.

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Enner Valencia! He is an amazing player the way he scored the second goal for Emelec! Another player would have missed! Gaibor is like one lung of the team! He does not get tired and hustles for all the balls! As for Marlon de Jesus, he missed a couple of opportunities but that goal that he scored was awesome! Good for him, he deserved it! Great victory of Emelec of 3-2 after losing 0-2!

22. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this new kid enner valencia is looking good ,i saw him play against olimpia and he was a pain for the defense.i hope he maintains this form ,looks good for the seleccion if he keeps up this level of play.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll be confused if I ever see Enner Valencia on the bench this season (unless he's injured). That kid's been playing well for at least 2 years now. It's time.

And Gaibor has amazing stamina. NATIONAL TEAM!!

btw Rueda actually called up all 3 of these players (Marlon De Jesus, Gaibor, and Enner Valencia) but Emelec isn't letting them join b/c they consider it a risk to their players health. Sucks! This was the chance for Rueda to look at what Gaibor has to offer. Out of all 3 players, he seriously deserves a shot on the NT.

24. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fernando Gaibor, Marlon de Jesus and Enner Valencia will have a shot at the National Team one of these days. They just have to play at top level and at any time, they will have a shot!

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i would hope so, especially Gaibor. But the way Emelec is acting towards the NT, I doubt it. Rueda is pretty pissed that Emelec didn't allow De jesus, gaibor, and valencia to join the NT for the game vs. Tecnico and Macara. keep in mind those opportunities don't come often with Rueda. Each one of their positions is booked(sometimes, with players who don't deserve to be there) in the NT so their chances of being called up are almost always going to be slim. This was a great opportunity for a possible future call up (after seeing how they perform). But now we're gonna have to wait a while, unless one/all of them continue to step it up BIG TIME.