CS Emelec....news & transfers (r) Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by siempreazul, Nov 27, 2010.

1. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw the game between Emelec vs Olimpia. It was a well disputed game. At the beginning of the second half, Emelec was dominating the game. To the point that they missed a couple of clear opportunities of goal. As the second half went on, it appeared that Emelec started to decrease their level of play and that is when Olimpia picked up their game. In the 71st minute when Silva kicked the ball to the area of Emelec, Bagui allowed the ball to bounce too many times. That allowed Marín to do whatever he wanted in the penalty area and score a goal which turned out to be the winning goal for Olimpia. Emelec played with a lot of courage but unfortunately, it was not enough. Hopefully, this coming Tuesday in Estadio Capwell, Emelec could find a way to score a few more goals and win this series vs Olimpia.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw the game too and they played well...they missed a couple chances that could have gotten them the win...Morante played really well and he should be Erazo's partner on defense, same goes for Achillier, the guy is a great defender, doesn't provide much in attack but provides quality defense. Gaibor was all over he field, the kid reminds me of Noboa. had a good game, Bagui played surprisingly well IMO.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bagui screwed up BIG TIME on that goal Olimpia score. How the hell are you gonna let someone body you like that in YOUR OWN BOX??! LOL I would have ran away in embarrassment after that. Besides that he surprisingly did well in the rest of the game. Gaibor is a 3 pulmones. He plays these international games like someone who's done it all their life. Stealing, attacking, anticipating, creating...the kid does everything. Todo terreno. I'm glad this coach gives these kids minutes b/c any other coach would have Quiroz starting or even Angel Mena over them. The Sub 20 kids never stop impressing me. I just wish other club teams would realize that the true talent in their teams is possessed by a handful of players that come out of the youth divisions.

I'd be happy as sh*t to see Morante and Achilier start the qualifier along with Erazo and Walter Ayovi. That's the goal.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When Carrasco took over, I had no idea if he was going to give Gaibor and Caicedo a chance to play. But it appears as if he is willing to give them a fair chance. Im glad he, Sevilla and Soler give youngsters a chance. I think Liga should take notice and realize that you can be competetive playing with youngsters.

5. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec vs Olimpia, tomorrow, from Estadio Capwell at 1930 h Guayaquil Time.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Possible lineup of Emelec vs Olimpia: W Zumba; G Achilier, M Fleitas, E Morante, F Gimenez, P Quiñonez, O Baguí, A Mena, F Gaibor, N Vigneri y J M Franco.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wish! we haven't had a quality young player come out of Liga's youth system in a while. And Miller Bolanos doesn't count. I'm crossing my fingers it's Jose Cevallos Jr. b/c i don't see anyone else besides him that is worth the praise. We've slacked in that area. I'm pretty sure by next year we'll see a handful of new faces though. It's gonna be a steady process but Bauza said that 2 years from now, we'll see the results of the guys that are on the come up.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que fue lo que ocurrio tan grave en el juego de emelec en copa suramerica?

hablan de swsanciones fuertes
    partido suspendido en minuto 84

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    emelec fans were ANGRY as sh*t and were chucking everything at Juan Ramon Carrasco. The emelec fans aren't too fond of him right now. I think it's a really similar situation to Sampaoli when he was coaching Emelec. They're aggressive coaches who are 100% attack oriented. And in those types of teams if you don't have a good 5 or 2 players who can run from one side of the field to the other instantaneously, then your going to run into some trouble when you get counter attacked.

There's some games where I see this guy putting Quiroz, Mendez, and Angel Mena in the middle. Or Mendez, Gimenez, and Angel Mena. Where's the 5? You can't play like that. The ideal thing would be to have Pedro Quinonez and Gaibor like in the games vs. Olimpia and then someone like Mendez or F. Gimenez to play along with them. It's gonna take time for Emelec to get used to that 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 that this coach uses. The line up he had in the away game wasn't bad. The players are just not 100% used to it and get caught off guard here and there, and the opponent took full advantage of the opportunities.

This teams main problem is that they never keep a coach for over a year. They need to think of having someone there in the long run to achieve results at the international level. If Sampaoli had stayed in Emelec until now, I think this team had the potential to give everyone a surprise with the material they have. Look at la U de Chile, he's handling that team really great.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que castiguen al estadio/hinchas con la regulacion que tiene mas sentido: el estilo de turquia!!!:(

11. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For the game vs Olimpia, Emelec appeared that they were not playing with their hearts in the game. They appeared to be defeated before the game. That was sad.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why isn't Mendez playing lately? i thought at first he was injured like 2 weeks ago, but i haven't seen him since. I have a feeling he's not ready to start vs. Venezuela i hope Rueda knows that.

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard that he is ok right now but for the game vs Independiente, Carrasco decided not to put Mendez in the lineup. He must be alright if Rueda, decided to call him for the National Team.

14. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec got beat by D Quito 0-2. In the first half, D Quito dominated the game to the point that D Quito could have scored more goals. In the second half when A Mena came in, Emelec started to play better. Emelec tried attacking but could not score any goals.

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Espoli vs Emelec will play in Santo Domingo. This is a key game for Emelec. As for Emelec, they have to go confindent and do their best.

16. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Next is El Clásico del Astillero in El Monumental this Saturday. That will be deadly for both teams!

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Congratulations to Marcelo Fleitas for being the next coach of Emelec. I hope that he could bring the positive energy that the team needs for all the players to accomplish the Championship for 2011. "Vamos Profesor, Arrecho Como Siempre".

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's so crazy how Fleitas is coaching now. He still had at least another good year of futbol in him. Excellent player that came to our league he had a good run in Ecuador.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Marcelo Fleitas was playing injured lately. He was slowing down. He had been slowing down lately. He was not reacting to certain plays as quick as he used to be. Either he stopped playing and not play injured or having him as coach would have been the answer. It worked out perfectly for him. Now, that he is the coach, we all have to give him all our support.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i was hoping for yall to win in Guayaquil WHAT HAPPENED!?!?

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    c'mon Emelec!! make the miracle come through. Do work!! you even got Intriago on your side LOL

22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Luciano Figueroa? jesus!! Hopefuly he pans out and regains his form. Emelec lost the last two Championship because they didn't have forwards. The only thing is, Marcelo Fleitas? really? sorry but he will be outcoached by Ischia, Bauza, Saralegui and even the little Princess zubeldia.

23. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How good is Luciano Figueroa at this stage of his career? Could be be a great player as the media is portraying him to be? Could he be the difference maker that Emelec needs for this year? How good is Luciano Figueroa really is?

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you'll have to wait and see. all i know is he hasn't been active in the last 6 months.

25. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    So we just bought Eduardo Morante... what can you guys tell me about him... I know he has been called a few times by the Ecuador NT but could not go due to injury, but that's still a plus right there, not anyone gets called for their NT. I also know Sampaoli asked for him since he knows him from his days in Ecuador, another plus. He is also 1,88! A giant (for us Chileans), so another plus there. He is also young, so there is potential for development and selling at a higher price to Europe, yet another plus. Last but not least, I heard he cried of excitement when he found out the deal was through and he was moving to La U! Three extra pluses right there!

So for all these things I am naturally very exited to seeing him play, but what can I expect from him in his game? Strengths and Weaknesses? I'd appreciate some input. Thanks in advance!