Crystal Palace USA

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Hax, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtosoccer

newtosoccer New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Maybe I am missing something but is this the same Baltimore Blast that told players if they signed for CPUSA that they could kiss the Blast goodbye........

2. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh right, thanks.

3. BMore-Pat

BMore-Pat New Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Baltimore
    There is a much better relationship between the powers at the Blast and powers at CPUSA. Thats the only way that CPUSA gets a solid foot-hold in Baltimore. Without out the support of Mr. Healey we wouldnt get the respect in the inner Baltimore soccer circles.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well the fact that his son (Pat) is part of the squad may have a bit to do with him and the Blast taking a more friendly stance to CP, also if the rumored CP/Baltimore Bays merger goes though, Kevin Healey will have an even more vested interest in CP considering his role in the Bays.

With that being said it is good to see the team starting strong this year and some of the new players look to be solid, I hope things start off better than last season.

5. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Great game today at UMBC. Nice Weather, great crowd and a well played match. Crystal palace won 1-0 scoring a goal with approx 10min. to go. UMBC had there chances also. A well played, enjoyable match.

6. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nice match overall, with CPFC dominate in second half. CP with possession edge but trouble finishing. Also nursing some injuries so several top players rested. Good for players to get experience playing with different combinations of teammates, but creates a bit of disorganisation in early minutes. Also nice to get first chance to play on the new turf at UMBC where CP will play matches. Morales playing nicely in midfield to add some depth. Harada covering lots of ground in midfield. Mbuta looks most comfortable/dangerous on left side. Backs pretty solid except for 1 or 2 mistakes against speedy UMBC attackers. Keeper rarely challenged, making only 1 or 2 saves. Saturday will be good test for both sides.

7. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Buzz, Brother I am a big fan of the palace but you must of been watching a different game then I did or you are the sports writer for the team. UMBC had some great chances against us, and at times controlled the game. We were lucky they did not score a couple of goals. I hope we play better this weekend and I expect they will.

8. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see a decent crowd was at the UMBC game. Not our best effort, at least early on, but it improved. I think our boys missed having Harkin in the middle of the pitch controlling things. His energy level serves to eat up a lot of space and balls in the midfield. Against Towson and Mt. St. Mary's he was everywhere. It will be a good preview against REAL Saturday, even though we've got a couple of guys nicked-up. I'll be interested in seeing what they have for turnout as well. Me, my drum and flag will be behind the Palace bench if anyone is looking for someone to yell with. Gotta support our boys!

9. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Hey Brotha.We will be there on Saturday cheering,singing and screaming right along with you.Wife had surgery so we missed the last two matches.looking forward to getting rowdy on Saturday. Flags and banners ready to fly.Charm City Army.
    KC

10. 20oth

20oth Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Severn, Md
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anyone know where Thursdays game vs. Maryland is being played at? website doesn't indicate.

11. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
  12. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
  13. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Another update about our boys....This was sent out in the palace news letter......
    Meet the Team at Slainté
    You are cordially invited to attend "Meet the Team Day" on Sunday April 13th at 5:00pm at Slainté, located at 1702 Thames Street, right on the water in the heart of Fells Point.

Palace USA supporters will also be pleased to know that Palace USA players and staff will come to Slainté after every home match. Palace President and Co-Manager Pete Medd looks forward to a mutually beneficial relationship: "Crystal Palace is very excited to be associated with what many consider to be the premier soccer bar in Baltimore. We're thrilled to be able to introduce any fans of ours that don't already know Slainté to such a fantastic soccer pub, and we hope that Slainté's soccer fans can become Palace supporters too!"

Should be a cool afternoon at the pub.Looking forward to a few frosty pints.Hell James Calder and Pete Medd will buy rounds for us.
    Casey

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States