Crystal Palace USA

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Hax, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've only seen CP USA play once when they came to Selhurst but I was wondering why Josh Alcala is in the Philippines national team because he looked pretty good.

2. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
    Crystal Palace USA have just launched a weekly e-Newsletter - the Palace Post - which you can subscribe to. Story and subscription link here.

3. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    Is this guy Medd an idiot? UMBC, the last time I checked, was in Baltimore County not Anne Arundel County.

There have been a bunch of patheic so called professional teams that have played at UMBC and all failed to draw flies and lost a ton of money.

$16! These guys don't seem too bright. I'll go to DC and see a real side play

4. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Headed to a pub to watch The Arsenal?

5. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3593201

Why have the Milwaukee Wave got the right to give the New Jersey Ironmen Ibrahim Kante? Is it something to do with a draft, being English I wouldn't know? When CP USA came to Selhurst in September he looked pretty good so surely he can do better than an indoor team. From what I did see of him hopefully this is only a loan move.

6. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I think indoor contracts are completely separate from outdoor ones?

7. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Bomp, What is your beef. Is it that you do not like Medd? [ you call him an idiot] That the games will be played in Baltimore [rather then Anne Arundel Co.] That there have been some unsuccessfull teams that have played at the site even though lights were not installed untill after the teams left.[ Maryland Bays was a very good "so called professional team"} That the teams were not marketed right? The cost of the ticket[16$] or that you would rather go watch DC United play instead of CP. What is going to happen if they move to a site in Hartford county?

10. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    I was lucky enough to catch this weekends try outs at UMBC. And with what my boys and I saw things look very good for palace this year. Very spirited competition amongst the lads trying out.I'd love to see coach Pete M. and Jim C sign at least 5 of them. One winger in particular was very skilled and tough as nails.Yaka was his name and he could easily be a developing talent for us.The Kid Yaka broke two teeth and still sucked it up and competed for another half an hour.
    A very good keeper who played in England a couple of seasons ago was very impressive.Tough,quick and really keep his squad organized.Would love to see him make the team.
    But honestly any of those lads they sign are really going to help us make the playoffs this year.Great bunch of footballers.Everyone one of the guys trying out were very respectful of the supporters in the "Red Blue Army" and thanked us many times for the songs and cheers.
    Can't wait till next Saturdays first game. Anyone interested in going let us know.The crew and I will going down to cheer the Boys on to a victory!
    Casey
    "Red Blue Army!"

11. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    You sure you weren't watching hockey? :D

Cheers!

12. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    http://www.crystalpalaceusa.com/News08FEB27-Feb22-24CombineReview.htm

An update from the Palace site.Seven of the Lads have received a call back from the club.And yes Jaka Jakopic was one of the invites. The kid broke his teeth and gums this weekend for us and hopefully gets the contract to pay for his new teeth :)
    Palace says they are only looking to fill two spots but three of the call backs should be signed Jaka,Dustyn Brim keeper and Paul Robson are all solid and deserve a spot with the club.
    Red Blue Army
    KC

13. baltsofan

baltsofan New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Great to hear Jaka has gotten a call back from Palace. Hopefully he makes the team and gets some minutes. Players that show heart like him are the kind that can put them over the top. Look forward to the season. Hey Palace you need to let your #1 fan kc have access to the birds eye view of the games this year at UMBC. Glad the team is moving to Baltimore.

LETS GO PALACE! LETS GO PALACE!

14. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That Cameroonian player, Olivier "something", has been capped for their national team.

15. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    seeFyouEsoonSbigLbrother

16. ManUTDallTHEway

ManUTDallTHEway New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Hey,

I want to recap what I said about Rush a few blogs back. He came into the shop to get new cleats today and we talked for about 30 minutes,to my surprise he really is a nice guy...ive heard different and never really had a chance to chat with him. He said he had no bad feelings towards CP and hopes they do well this season. He said this June hes signing with a team in Brazil that hes got a connection with (for the life of me, I cant remember the name) He says hes still real close with all the players on the Palace team and hopes that they do well. If anyone is friends with Rush, what club is he going to? I keep thinking Santos but I read that in his wikipedia, I dont believe thats where hes going. Also, does anyone have an extra ticket for the home opener? There not the cheapest and im not the richest. How is the field at UMBC? I caught one game at GermantownPlex last year and that was alot of fun.

Any word on Rush's team, Let me know
    Any word on an extra ticket, Ill hook you up with some soccer Merch!

17. ManUTDallTHEway

Jan 22, 2008
    Mattheus Dos Anjos and Harold Urquijo are not returning?

18. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Just checked on Palaces Web site and theres any update about this Saturdays game.The field location has been changed.Are they having the game at UMBC instead of Virginia.It would be a much better for the Supporters to have the game at home.Any info would be great.Thanks
    Charm City Army
    [​IMG]

19. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
    hey kc - we're still figuring out a location with the Hawks. hopefully we'll figure it out by tomorrow evening (Tuesday). stay tuned...

:)

20. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
    ...and it's set. back to the original location (George Mason High School), new kickoff time - 8:00pm.

21. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    There's only one James Calder! Hey mate thanks for the update on saturdays game.The new start time is fine.It's the weekend who cares.Besides that just leaves more time for cocktails. What time is the team heading down to the match?We'd like to be there when they come off the bus.Let me know James.
    They're we go Palace fans games at 8 o'clock.Any other fans interested in going?You can follow our crew down.Directions are pretty simply according to mapquest.We'd like to get some good tailgating in before the match.
    Come on you Palace
    [​IMG]
    KC

22. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
    kc - the team will almost certainly be travelling in various cars down to G.M. H.S. (still working out van/bus transportation solutions for the season.) if you get there by 6:45pm, i expect you'll beat most of the players. hope that helps,

:)

j

23. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Well today kicks off the season.Really looking forward to the game tonight.Sorry to read that Jaka has been sent home and didn't make the club. Kick off at 8 pm and tailgating starts at 5pm. Hope to see other fans there tonight.Stop by and have a cocktail with us before the match.
    Jingle bells,jingle bells, jingle all the way, o what fun it is to see Palace win Away,Hey!!!Howay the Lads
    KC
    Charm City Army

24. ManUTDallTHEway

Jan 22, 2008
    KC,

It seemed like you and Rush and had a good repore last season, do you know where hes going to be playing in Brazil?

25. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC