Crystal Palace 2010

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Eagle Eye, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    With so much happening at Selhurst Park Ithought it was time to start a new thread for all things Eagles.

The club is in all kinds of financial difficulties and so the fans of Crystal Palace are attempting to sell out their Christmas fixtures - through viral marketing and word of mouth we Crystal Palace fans believe this is possible. Please spread the word and let as many people know about the great ticket offers CPFC has over the xmas period. If you're "thinking" about getting a ticket just do so.

BE LOUD,BE PROUD, BE PALACE

[​IMG]

Here's a couple of links on what is going on...
    http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=193746
    http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=92647

2. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where's Mark Goldberg when you need him?

3. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Do you reckon Goldberg 'll be buying tickets for the Ipswich game?
    Do you reckon he can afford them!

4. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Palace v Doncater report;

The weather was awful the last half hour of the game was even worse. Today we looked like a side that hadn't been paid, and apart from Butterfield, were moping about it with no effort or commitment. Lets hope the players get paid in the next few days and that this was a blip but I fear the worst with concerns of wholesale of players during the January transfer window and the threat of administration.

No Palace fan should be in any doubt about the need for their support of the club during these testing times!

5. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even if there were no Palace fans at yesterday's game there is no excuse for the performance they put up yesterday. Once Donny got their second we just let them play. Not one of them seemed to have the passion to pick up the game by the scruff of the neck and try to get back into it, if only for passion more than anything else.

6. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Reading 2 Palace 4

Palace bounced back after saturdays game with 4 top notch goals. Nathaniel Clyne scored his first goal for the club early on and Ambrose scoring his eigth goal in eight games before half time. It was Moses brace though that stood out the most, both flying into the Reading goal towards the end of each half. Moses potential has been discussed at some length by Palace fans over the last couple of years and he really seems to be maturing attitude which is reflected by the consistency and confidence of his game.

The only concern was the number of scouts at the game from Premiership clubs looking for a January sale bargain. Warnock has admitted tht he will have to listen to any offers that come in for his players stating, "Everybody has got a price and I cant stop people coming in for them - we'll just have to wait and see what happens. The chairman doesn't want to decimate the team but we have to generate some funds. But I'll be fighting tooth and nail to keep people like Ambrose and Speroni."

We wait to see what happens. The one thing for sure is that the club is desperate for funds and Jordan is running out of options. He either gets money from ticket receipts or from the sale of the clubs assets. I know which one I'd prefer and which is more likely.

7. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Here's some quotes from Reading fans, writing about last nights game and Moses performance inparticular, taken from Holmesdale.net

Quote What the **** is Moses doing in the Championship? He made our back 4, especially Tabb, look like schoolboys.
    But then so did Palace in general. Diabolical performace.

Quote for the first time in ages I applauded a visiting player - Moses take a bow son, stunning player in the making.

Quote Moses was ****ing incredible tonight, fair play to Palace, you wanted the ball more and played us off the pitch.
    Why was Sigurdsson (our best player by far) on the ****ing bench? Shocking? Thought McAnuff did alright if I am scraping the barrel. We were very unlucky not have got a couple right after restart, though to be fair, we should have to jailed for robbery if we'd gotten anything else.
    A lesson in football that was.

Nice to see opposition fans saying nice things about our players and our performance as a whole. That last sentence in particular. Well done Palace.

8. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Sheff Utd 2 v Crystl Palace 0

A forgetable game from a Palace viewpoint with claims of bogs and viruses going around the squad which left half the first team out of action. United's first goal was disputed as it is questionable that it fully went over the line, with the second scored late on to guarantee the points for the Blades.

9. Nevada Eagle

Nevada Eagle Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carson City, NV
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if it's the flue, I understand. Much more easy to play hurt than sick.

10. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Been confirmed that Salomon Kalou's older brother, Bonaventure, is on trial at Palace. Possibly suggests that there will be some departures in January and Ryan Smith won't get his contract renewed.

11. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    We are getting into transfer window speculation silly season. Press talk of Moses being targeted by Barcelona for £3.5 million. They have obviously seen how good he looks in a red n' blue strip.

If true could suit Palace as it is a fair price for the player, (Palace recently valued him at £4 million) and there might be a chance of a loan back deal for rest of the season. You can but dream.

12. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Palace 1 v Barnsley 1

I'd like to take some credit for the Palace goal. O.K. Moses should take most of the credit with another truly glorious goal but without my intervention it may never have happened. I'll explain. I have a fantastic record of always missing Palace goals. If Iget to the game late you can guarantee Palace will score an early goal or when I need the loo the moment I step up to the urinal will also be the moment a Palace player steps up to score in front of the Holmesdale faithful.

With Palace a goal down thanks to a schoolboy error from Hill and a feeling of deja-vu of the last hideous home game we decided to go for a half-time pint. Feeling confident in my natural ability in missing important moments in football games my friend and I decided to wait in the bar until Palace had scored. We firmly stood our ground as a large burly bouncer bared down on us with the threat of being physically thrown out of the Old Stand bar we heard the reassuring sound of a cheering Selhurst crowd. I still haven't lost that magic talent. Would be good to see Palace score a goal someday though. :eek:

13. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    The next month could prove to be a crucial time for the future of Palace, both short and long term. Recently the rumour mill has been cranking up with talk of new owners, mostly about Gold, a well known local business man which remains questionable as he recently put an offer in for West Ham with Sullivan whom he co-owned Birmingham City. Their offer of £50 million seems to have hit a few snags though with the owners of the Hammers, an Icelandic bank, playing it cool as they feel, given time, there will be more interest from others in buying the East London club.

Gold/Sullivan wish to complete the deal by the 7th January as they feel that this would be the latest date they could come in and have time to invest in new players during the January transfer window. They believe that without this cash injection the squad would leave West Ham unable to surmount a fight for Premiership survival leaving the club open to increased financial difficulties in the Championship.

This would leave the duo looking at other clubs in the London/South East area with the favourites being Palace & Charlton. Rumours have it that Gold has continued his interest in the Eagles with sightings of people he has connections with talking to Jordan. There has been talk of other local business men and even American interest in buying Palace but with little real evidence of any movement in the takeover of the club. Most Palace fans are now resigned to the prospect of several members of the first team squad being sold during January just at a time when the team are getting results, building for an assault on a play-off place following a good Christmas period with another 3-1 win over Ipswich an away draw to Swansea.

Already West Brom have offered a derisory £1.5 million for Moses. The fear is that the club is so cash strapped it may be forced into accepting whatever offer is made and selling players for much less then their real market value. The knock on effect would see Palace go into free fall, wasting all the hard work Warnock and his team have produced so far this season with Palace still go into administration bringing with it a 10 point deduction.

Happy New Year! I really hope that 2010 is a GOLDen year for Palace. Or whoever takes over the Palace.

14. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Our reward for a 2-1 victory away to Sheffield Wednesday is an away day to Wolves.

I wasn't born the last time Palace got a home draw in the FA cup :mad:

15. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Game against Bristol city is live on Sentanta in the US this saturday;

9:55 am [​IMG] Coca Cola Championship: Crystal Palace vs Bristol City
    Palace entertain Bristol City at Selhurst Park in the Coca Cola Championship. After the controvesty that marred the meeting between the two sides at Ashton Gate earlier this season, Palace will be gunning for all 3 points

16. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Game called off. :(

17. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    The latest rumour is that Steve Bisciotti is interested in buying Palace UK.
    By the looks of it this news has also brought out Ron Noades from his hiding hole. Seems that the players interested in buying the club ae now jockeying for position.

18. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Another great result today. Given the financial situation Warnock and the lads are doing wonders so lets hope they can keep up the wining run by beating Wolves and get a much needed cup run going.

Have a feeling that Moses will be on his way this week. Sold or staying I am sure he will not play against Wolves next week.

19. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Without a new buyer for the club this was inevitable. The club were due to be in court tommorow over a winding up order by the Inland Revenue for £1.2 million which I guess was the final straw.

The big fear for supporters now is that we lose much of our young talent for next to nothing during this transfer window. This is the shocking aspect of club football in England today, that a club who have cultivated and brought so many good young players through, that were developing into a skillful and effective squad could now be ripped apart by the vultures and money men that bleed this and many clubs dry. :mad: Roll on monday and the end of the window. With a 10 point deduction we have gone from a club fighting for a place in the play-offs to one that will be fighting of relegation. Ijust hope that Warnock can do his magic and create with spirit for this fight.

21. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Administration Party, 3pm tomorrow, Selhurst Park.

Bring Balloons, scarves, flags, banners, cameras to take it all in, hell bring Jelly & ice cream. Just be there or be a Moan U fan.

22. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    The great thing about being a football fan at times like these is the humour. Check out these drawings using Microsoft Paint and created by dozens of Palace supporters. Who says football fans are not creative? [ame="http://www.slide.com/r/6l-EvhTf2D8vtelGRxrwama08GhEC1Zx?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original"]APalaceMomentInPaint by LeeH@@AMEPARAM@@http://widget-40.slide.com/p1/2882303761545148992/lt_t017_v000_s0un_f00/images/xslide1.gif@@AMEPARAM@@40@@AMEPARAM@@2882303761545148992@@AMEPARAM@@lt_t017_v000_s0un_f00[/ame]

23. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
  24. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles
    Just got back from the game and rea that Moses has gone to Wigan for £2.5 million. The best of luck to him i really hope that he fulfills his potential.

By the way great atmosphere today. A Well deserved the victory.

Hope to up date this thread with images of the day.

25. batch-wafc

batch-wafc New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    We've not signed him yet - i still full expect someone "bigger" to come in and snatch him - but yesterday he checked into a hotel which Dave Whelan owns which is just down the road from where i live outside Wigan.