Cruz Azul transfers

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Quaresma, Dec 11, 2007.

1. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm sure he will.

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Emilio Hernandez ends up joining Cruz azul after all
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...un-acuerdo-y-sera-refuerzo-de-cruz-azul_24364

With Emilio joining The hopes of fellow chileno Eduardo Rubio playing with Cruz Azul are gone, he was left in deposit and in case Emilio didnt join Rubio was going to stay but not anymore even though he still belongs to Cruz Azul
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...quina-a-eduardo-rubio-en-deposito-ante-la-fmf

3. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is getting a solid central defender too much to ask ? I can't believe Meza can look at the back line and say to himself - "Yup, that's all we need".

4. M3gatron redded

M3gatron redded Red Card

Jun 14, 2009
    brasil
    cant believe CA lost......

5. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Priority one for Meza should have been the back line. With the defense playing like they did on Saturday, get ready for a bunch of losses this year. I'm sure they'll be able to score a goals once the attack gets better coordinated, but I have a feeling this will be a year where we only win those games where we outgun the opposition.

I don't know. Maybe Huiqui will play out of his mind for the rest of the year once he comes back and maybe Melvyn Brown will be the comeback player of the year. But they did not look good. I was holding out hope that if they did fill the fifth foreigner spot, they would get a strong central defender, but obviously that didn't happen.

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    They played just as bad all of last season. I don't think Melvin Brown or Huiqui are the answer. We need someone to control the back line the way Cata Diaz used to do.

7. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :(

Too late to do anything about it now. Unless Meza has some secret prospects to bring up from Cruz Azul Hidalgo.

8. fmf22

fmf22 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Waldo Ponce is a 27 year old Chilenean defender playing for Velez Sarzfield who might play for Cruz Azul next season.

His wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldo_Ponce

Proof:
    http://latercera.com/contenido/688_211261_9.shtml

Unfortunately, Wigan Athletic from the FA alos wants to get Waldo Ponce. To be honest though, I don't think Waldo Ponce would be the answer to our defence's problems. Velez Sarzfield recieved the most goals out of all of the top 10 teams in Argentina last season. This may have been circumstantial or whatever, but there were 5 teams with less points than Velez that had recieved less goals. I didn't see Velez play there season but it sounds to me like that team was in a similar situation as Cruz Azul. Effective offence and problems at defence. In my opinion, Waldo Ponce won't solve a thing, but Quintano is Chilenean and Waldo does play for Chile so he might know something that I don't.

9. fmf22

fmf22 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I thought he would. He will come in handy during la Liguilla when Torrado and Riveros go to the World Cup.

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Argentins striker Max Biancucchi appears to be the last refuerzo for Cruz Azul, he is also Messi's cousin!
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...biancucchi-es-el-ultimo-refuerzo-de-cruz-azul

Also Brazilian Defender Edcarlos Conceicao joins Cruz Azul, its been a while since a brazilian had played for you guys
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...dcarlos-conceicao-nuevo-refuerzo-de-cruz-azul

Well with a striker a defender plus Chaco and Israel you guys are going to have a really good team so lets see if u guys can finally win it!

11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Biancucchi average is one goal every 9.5 games. Not very good numbers for a guy in his prime years.

12. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    edcarlos aka edcrap is garbage. One of the worst players ive seen put on a Benfica Jersey.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well that's highly demotivational. :(

14. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The guy is young. I wonder if they should have been more patient.

15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Sadly, no transfer deals for Melvin Brown or Huiqui.

17. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So to sum up -

Altas - Maximiliano Biancucchi, Christian Gimenez, Israel Lopez, and Edcarlos Conceiçao
    Bajas - Gabino Velasco, Ramon Núñez, Emilio Hernández, Pablo Zeballos, and Edgar Andrade

I would have preferred more help on defense. Guys like Orozco will probably have a much harder time getting playing time. I would have kept Zeballos and dumped Mario Ortiz. I don't know what Meza sees in him.

Don't know if Velasco is just out on loan or was sold to Leon but I would have at least kept him in Cruz Azul Hidalgo.

18. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can we ship them to Houston Dynamo as a special "Thank You" gift pack as part of the Landin deal ?

19. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I wish.

20. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cruz Azul spends like mad during this winterbreak. On paper, we have possibly the most solid lineup in the primera division with the addition of Chaco Gimenez(finally!!!), Biannuchi & Villa uptop, we have Torrado & Riveros in the mid and Chaves, Edcarlos & Pinto at the back.

So I really really hope these new reinforcements are worth the money!!! I really have high hopes for them this year: CONCACAF CL & Bicentenario 2010. This is it!!!