Crushed hopes and dreams - Transfers, Rumors and Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MaxY, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, that PSG thing worked out damn spanking fantastic for Jese.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Dybala misses Pogba.

So if Dybala has a great WC, Florentino will go for him then end up getting beat out by Manchester.

Sounds right

Anon. repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Asensio is getting the minutes he deserves. He's still only developing and has games where he's hardly involved. Like tonight. He said he's patient too.

4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    The thing is - unlike in previous era, we don't have the financial clout to outmuscle rivals or make audacious bids which are too good to be refused, we missed out on talents that are going to rule in the next 3 years time - Neymar, Mbappe, Sane, Jesus to name a few. More than this, letting go of both Morata and Mariano still haunts :(

It will be interesting to see what happens this summer.

5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You guys are overreacting. We didn't have a must get target in years so you can't say we don't have the financial power for it. If Neymar is available for 222M and Ronaldo leaves,you can bet your ass that Florentino would bid that 222 M.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The wages are the main problem, not the transfer fee.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Both are a problem. One however is apparently insurmountable.

Anon. repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There was no desperation to sign any big players in last 2 summers due to team success and the untouchable status of BBC. One or two of them leaving next summer will free up wages as well.

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1059 MaxY, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Apparently Daniele Massaro who is a former Milan player is claiming that Icardi will be at Real Madrid next summer.

"I can tell you today that Icardi will be at Real Madrid next year in place of Benzema," Massaro, 56, told the Italian channel Premium Sport on Monday.

AS,Calciomercato and all of the English rag are going with it. It could just be a Milan former player messing with Inter.

If we're truly getting a forward,who would you prefer? Let's assume he's 25 or younger so it's like : Dybala,Belotti,Werner,Icardi,Kane,Sanabria.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd get two from that list. Two of Dybala, Werner, Icardi, and Sanabria. There are other options of course, but someone like Sanabria might have a release clause that would cap his value, so might be worth exploring.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Good player.

Underwhelming

12. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Old school #9. I am a traditionalist in that sense, love Icardi's game.

HZinho, Bear Crotch and 4x4s repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Icardi is good, but has past baggage. Might be hard to deal with for ZZ if he isn't starting all the big games. Werner looks really polished for a 21 year old striker. Perfect for post BBC era if we get Dybala and him to go with Asensio. I'd sell both Bs next summer and Ronaldo maybe in 2019.

Los Merengues repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same here, brutal player, but seems like a headache.

HZinho and Bear Crotch repped this.
  15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We can go for Sadio Mane

16. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I say this with respect to Mane, but he is a notch below Real Madrid standards. Perfect for the run'n'gun premier league, but not skillful enough for La Liga.

Zidane05 repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO Mane is the same as Gareth, in terms of skill, except he is not welsh so the hype levels are lower

ahnaf, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean only in terms of blitzing speed. Bale is a far better finisher and a far better player in the air.

Stiliyan repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, to each his own, I don’t see that huge a difference other than in the air and....... he’s welsh, British player and all that, but matters not really

20. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I have seen, I fancy Werner. Very polished for his age like @Saeta Rubia said. Seems like he has a good temperament and high floor. He will most likely be the starting number 9 for Germany for the forseable future and would have Kroos here to help him adapt.

I like Icardi as well but the range of outcomes is a lot more all over the place.

natenate101 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    All these prospects are underwhelming to be honest but this is where we find ourselves since we missed out on the can't miss top talent.

Pipe dream is that we unearth a gem who most haven't heard of yet. I will be more than happy with a player like Werner though because we desperately need a competent body up front. I hope we won't have to pay 90M or something for him though. He shouldn't be more expensive than Morata.

22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still think wages will be an issue to signing a top class forward this summer. There are clubs out there that are willing to pay exuberant wages to young, unproven, forwards and we just can’t compete. I guess Perez may take the risk and pay the market rate in order to prepare for a future without the BBC. People forget too easily that we paid top dollar to sign each of the BBC in the first place, and as I’ve said before, our brand equity and history will only get us so far in this day and age when it comes to attracting top talent.

I think despite our success over the last few years, and some genuine world class talent, we could be in a dangerous position of sliding away if we don’t reinforce adequately in the key areas.

Nathanial Essex and Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I
    i still believe top talent want to play for Real Madrid with the chance to win top trophies every season, and I still think we are a prestigious club that the best players want to play for , more so than Man City or PSG, no matter the money they have I still believe we can compete, I still believe too players will want to come to us because we are Madrid, I haven’t seen anything to really change my mind about that yet, not with Mbappe or Pogba, they both had their particular circumstances IMO, that’s my thought on the issue

24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Spot on. This is going to sound controversial but if I was a young football player, the likelihood is that the the most legendary team out there would be Barcelona, not Madrid. The Premier League would be the most exciting league to play for. And I would have seen how the likes of Higuain, Morata, Di Maria, James and others have been treated, how the BBC is invincible, and have second thoughts about joining Madrid.

You just have to hope that the people running the club see this. Being the old-school type, in their eyes Real Madrid is still this illustrious club every boy dreams of playing for and that is simply not the case now. We need to improve how we handle things internally and how we are perceived externally.

The recent Champions League wins have of course given us a massive boost but if we fail to capitalize on the success by simply being inconsistent, that will be a massive blow. Again we become the club that fires their manager every year, favors players out of pure nepotism and just can't seem to get their act together.

25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can make the same argument, if not better, about Barcelona’s treatment of players and untouchable ones. I think you are doing a lot of young players a discredit by thinking they all buy into the same myth as yourself.

Anon., Shay Z, Digital and 2 others repped this.