Crushed hopes and dreams - Transfers, Rumors and Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MaxY, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Dybala is naturally a goal scorer as he played as a ST for Palermo. His goal contribution per season is way higher than Isco - last season he scored 19 goals and the season before that 23 and currently on target to top those numbers.
    Dybala can easily slot in to replace Benz or Bale (turning down great talent because we already have a full squad is why we are in this mess to begin with)

Isco would still have a role if Bale gets sold as well, which is highly likely. Look at how Pep has been able to accommodate three or even four Attacking mids in his squad with success. That shouldn't be a problem. I know Cristiano may not be leaving next summer but we have to start thinking about a Real Madrid without his 40+ goals per season.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally I am in no hurry at all for Modric to be replaced just yet, I don’t think he is done

S1na, J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  3. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    I trust Ronaldo too. He is getting old but its CR7 the best ever. We still in champions league, copa del rey, club world cup and who knows if Barca lose to Valencia and then we beat Barca.. we will be just 4 points away! Even if we are weaker we are still R Madrid!

Kepa would be a great signing... he has a good future. I think Madrid would want De Gea though... but that would be too hard to get. While up front Cavani or Kane it doesn't matter, anything over Benzema. Mariano could come back too! lol

CristianoQuaresma repped this.
  4. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    Suarez 30 and he may be declining, but he still better than Benz. I would say right now Suarez is still top 3 strikers in EU along with Cavani and Kane...

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Point is you don't wanna spend 70-80 ME on someone who's 29. We might even struggle to get rid of his 4 year contract later on. Stat wise Benz is one of the worst strikers in Europe this season so anyone is doing a better job than him pretty much. There are many young strikers who will be better investments.

ahnaf, Oscar, Los Merengues and 2 others repped this.
  6. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest guys, I don't think we can really make much noise during the winter transfer window. It usually doesn't happen that way...

Although, I would be quite happy to snatch up someone like Sanchez for free. He would add some strength up front and definitely be an improvement over Benzema/Lucas Vasquez... Although, we are really in need of a real #9.

If I were Perez, I would be calling Cavani, Lewandowski, Dybala non-stop... or beg James and Morata to come back. LOL

7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure how James can help, but as for Morata, first of all Perez will never do that, publicly admitting his mistake, second of all, Morata is done with this club - and you can't blame him.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Easy. Stubbornness and arrogance

Anon., Edino Edinho and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala is an interesting option considering his goal scoring form this year. I would consider him depending on the price because of his potential and age but I still think we need a true target man “9” more than anything with all the midfield options and creative players we already have. Werner appears to be the only option I’m aware of that would fit the profile of a younger player but I haven’t seen him play enough. I will have to watch him more this year and obviously at the World Cup with Germany.

For those who know Werner, could anyone offer up a short summary of his game? I know his is a pretty traditional CF and good finisher but any insight into how dynamic he is, ability in the air, technical skills, etc would be appreciated.

10. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    too many "ifs" for my liking ! I dont think winning the league is realistic anymore!

Just wondering how much you think Juve wants for Dybala ? some suggest 150-200 ... I would take ICardi at 110 over Dybala at 200 anyday.

11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dybala,Wener,Feker & Icardi seem to be the options. Belotti is having a bad season.
    Meanwhile in league goals: Icardi 13,Dybala 12,Fekir 11. Fekir also has 4 assists,all in just 985 minutes of play.

Some side options : Belotti, Sanabria.
    Big names : Aguero,Sanchez.

12. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fekir is not a foward. he is typical nr10 and has a lot of freedom in Lyon.

13. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner is very agile and hella quick, too. Also skilled enough to pass defenders. In my eyes he´s pretty much the perfect counter attacking forward.

Los Merengues repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think Dybala is worth the 200 mill B
    Juve will want from us.

I'd also take Icardi at half the price and buy some back ups

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. Keep our young talent/bench players happy(Morata case) aka Asensio,Ceballos,Kovacic and the rest.
    2. Sell 2 out of the 3 BBC . Bale is injured all the time,Cristiano will be 33 and a half this summer and Benzema is becoming even worse.
    3. Get a goalkeeper (Donnarumma,Kepa)
    4. Buy some attacking talent (Dybala,Fekir,Belotti,Sanabria,Werner etc).

Example:
    [​IMG]
    Bench:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cristiano & Benz have the worst strike rate in history of RM and 2nd worst in the top 5 leagues. Bale should be gone on matter what. PSG might not be able to keep both Mbappe and Neymar so we should be on the look out. Case,Ramos etc are already talking up Neymar.

There's also the option of Griezmann for 100 M. Unsettled players like Sanchez,Cavani etc. Also youngers strikers who are on the uprise.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt Kovacic and Asensio are gonna want to stick around to be subs for another season, at least not if good offers from PSG, Italy, etc. come in offering starter status, wages, CL, etc.; and especially if we go trophyless and Flo goes on a buying binge.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO so far Griezmann has been as unimpressive as both Benz and Ronaldo this season, not sure why he is an option, and an expensive one at that

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dybala does not rule out leaving Juventus

‘I can’t promise I will stay at Juventus forever,’ Dybala told France Football.

‘It doesn’t depend on me but I don’t even want to say that this will be my last season here. ‘I want to win everything now, football’s strange, you never really know what will happen in the future. ‘But right now I do not say to myself ‘this is my last year and I am leaving’, I think of the present and try to win everything.’

‘Pogba’s departure was a tough hit for me,’ said the Argentine. ‘He is a friend of mine, we were on very good terms on and off the pitch.’

http://www.marca.com/futbol/liga-italiana/2017/11/21/5a141904e5fdea9f078b4608.html

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kovacic hasn't been healthy for a full season to warrant a starting spot, and Asensio has been very inconsistent.

S1na, Digital and Doni repped this.
  22. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Essentially, we've been reactive rather than proactive this summer. Bale was injured at the end of the season, Benzema played probably the worst season since coming to Madrid and Ronaldo was in great form. But, Ronaldo is 33 and it is not inconceivable at his age to experience a sudden drop in form or suffer inconsistency. We should have have been more proactive and bought one or two great attacking players, especially since Morata and James left. It's a waste to let a whole season suffer because we don't have probably a player or two of high quality at our disposal.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Why PSG would not be unable to keep Mbappe and Neymar? Besides, their price would be brutal. Probably half of years budget. Its lunacy. If anything Cavani will be pushed out and available. At this point i would strongly consider buying him for the right price. Also, i would add a young forward - for example Werner. Btw, how is Vinicious doing? Other than that, any other names besides Dybala? Possibly Bellotti? How is he doing this season?

Without any doubt, we have made drastic mistakes this season. With Mbappe and Morata on board + Vinicious on loan, we would have our front future settled for years to come, and for relatively decent money.

p.s: We will see how many poster will want CR7 as CF at the end of the season for 18/19.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I feel like we're probably very well set up for the future in all areas except striker and GK. We have Theo, Vallejo, Varane, and Hakimi at the back; Dani, Llorente, Isco, Kovacic and Valverde in the midfield (and Kroos who is still young); and Asensio, Vinicius Jr, and Odegaard out wide. I think we can afford to spend a whole year's budget on one player if we identify that player as a legitimate star long term (you need minimum 7 years out of that investment).

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I agree.. 200 mill is absurd for Dybala if that is how much they would be asking. He should go for 90-100mill.. same as Coutihno I believe.