Cruel Summer? - The Summer Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by St. Michael's Sword, Mar 7, 2014.

1. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know it's an awful source but goal.com says we have finally met with PSG to discuss Pogba. The only players I would really even considering lowering the amount below 60 mil for are Verratti, Marcos or Lucas. What would you guys find acceptable? Or do you think Pogba is so vital we need to keep him at all costs?

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

its BS...Angelli just said Pogba is untouchable. There are no plans of selling anyone this summer. Well at least not the important players.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can see you guys making a deal involving verratti.

4. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hadn't seen the Agnelli quote, that's great news!

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he says now and what happens in the summer are two different things. Anything can happen.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't you hear, for Veratti it's a step down.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yea but i think they're smarter than that. They know they cant just land any player they want for the money they're willing to offer from their past "failed" attempts at bringing in big names. I dont see us just throwing 40-50 mil at ONE player like manU, arsenal, chelsea did.

i wouldnt sell Pogba for any less than Neymar money....137 mil :D

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    my opinion is based on talent just the fact he is italian. Pellata will be your guys next move !

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do we need Pelleta for?

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont know he is italian now and ogbonna doesnt seem to be working out for you guys.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The article states that they met in Paris, presumably yesterday or today but I read another article stating that Agnelli was in Tokyo to launch a new Juve club.

12. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ogbonna's doing fine. He isn't a starter but I don't think anyone expected him to be. Barzagli is only getting older and Ogbonna will only find himself with more playing time.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agnelli was in Paris and spoke at an anti-racism conference then flew to Tokyo.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ so he prob said hi and shook hands with psg management and the rags love these things to make up stories and get people to click on their page. Lol

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure there's an offer on the table for Pogba from PSG. Juve is holding out for a record breaking fee of 110m+ otherwise there's no reason to sell.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you will find this funny, some won't

Van Persie desperate to join Juve

English papers claim Robin Van Persie is so eager to leave Manchester United forJuventus that he’ll pass up a £10m bonus.

The Dutchman had been very close to joining the Bianconeri in the summer of 2012, but opted for Old Trafford instead and by several accounts is regretting that decision.

There are numerous reports in England and Holland suggesting he handed in a transfer request and now the Sunday Mirror Sport even claim he’s prepared to give up a £10m bonus.

Van Persie would receive the cash sum if he spent the final two years of his contract at United, but he is determined to quit the club after struggling under new manager David Moyes.

Juventus are the absolute favourites should RVP leave Manchester, as he confessed that he had been very close to joining them when he left Arsenal in 2012.

The Bianconeri have since gone from strength to strength and are on the verge of winning a third consecutive Serie A title.

More here http://www.football-italia.net/46196/van-persie-desperate-join-juve

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd still take him. However, at this point, we are more in need of a winger.

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    RVP can ******** right off, we don't need him and he's on the wrong side of 30

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so now that 2 years later we are the better looking team he wants to join us? go f*** yourself

20. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with these. It really depends on the system we are planning on using next year but if we are sticking to a 3-5-2 and need another striker sub I'd grab Gabbiadini or Immobile. If we are switching to a 4-3-3 grab a pair of quality wingers and bring back Berardi. Either way I'd target players in their prime or young guys to counter our aging core. Van Persie isn't either of those things so no thanks...

Daei_10, scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  21. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep.

He'd have to accept a serious pay cut and undergo a rigorous medical in order to convince me that he's worth the risk. I still believe that RVP is a world class striker. But at his age and with his attitude, do we really want to chance losing or wasting some of the young talent that we've invested in? Two years ago, I would've said yes. Now? No way. Plus, RVP has always been a bit of a whinging primadonna. I can't imagine him being content to play third choice behind Tevez and Llorente, two players whose attitudes have always been exemplary (at least when they're on the pitch).

Luckily, the source is the Sunday Mirror, so it's guaranteed to be bullshit.

22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gabbiadini, Immobile, Berardi are all going to be on the move. Then there's Boakye who is not doing so well at the moment in La Liga but I believe still has potential. Berardi being the one with the most potential but I think he might be too young and needs another year or more of consistent playing time in Serie A for a smaller team. I think Beppe will buy out his remaining 50% and keep him out on loan. One of Gabbiadini and Immobile will be our 5 or 6 striker and the other most likely sold or loaned. I would love to see them playing consistently for a Serie A contender before they come back but that most likely will never happen.

Chances are Vucinic and Quags are sold to finance 1 or 2 attacking wingers/forwards. Lamela would be nice and/or Di Maria which will never happen. Then spend some money on a LWB.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I read that Fausto Rossi is doing well at Real Valladolid in La Liga. I think we have him there on loan.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rossi scored the only goal (and obviously the game winning goal) of the game against Valladolid, it's funny in that it's his only goal for the team as well in 22 games.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i think immobile is the type that has to play a lot to be able to produce, like consistent playing time, kinda like a matri. He cant be a bench player. we should let him stay at torino another year then think about bringing him.

Berardi i agree as well, he needs at least 1 more year at a smaller club. however i wish he would switch from sassuolo...maybe with di natale gone we can loan him to udinese? they are a good attacking team, he can gain good experience there

Gabbiandini is ready i believe, we should bring him this summer ASAP....sell quags and vucinic if we can, REALLY invest in a LEFT winger....cough up 20-25 mil please its needed

i pray to god we keep this team, and not sell pogba or vidal...i wanna have 1 more year with everyone and some additions to see how we will do. especially that tevez and llorente have gotten into the rhythm lately vs. early in the season where they were new. temptation is a MF but to lose our golden chance of building a real team isnt wise.