"Croatianizing" our midfield in style - Welcome Mateo Kovačić

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Like you guys when it comes to defending your countrymen for something you have or would destroy another player for?

Damn I hate nationalism.

2. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I like when other players push for a move to our club but I hate it when our players push for a move out.

I don't care if it's a double standard because I'm a Real Madrid fan and I hate all of the other teams so they can jog off.

He had plenty of playing time especially last year. He would have had more if he didn't pick up an injury. Have fun at Chelsea, especially when Roman sells the club.

Deep Pal, Digital and S1na repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I don’t think players are expected to act a certain way in order meet the double standard expectations from some fans.
    This is more of a fans problem than a player’s problem.

4. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    You can't argue my point about him being a good servant to the club in his time here so you come up with nationalism. Well done, you got me there. :D

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Your point was about double standards.

I addressed that pointing out you are no different. Literally don't ever let me or anyone else catch you even hinting a dissenting voice at another one of our players for doing something lesser.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1081 Shay Z, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    I disagree. I think players absolutely have to 'act a certain way' (carry themselves properly) once they become part of this organization. The way Kovacic behaved was like a bitch. We have always had players who were frustrated with lack of PT and that will never change. I don't want a player to be content to just sit at the end of the bench and collect a paycheck. They should be frustrated and want more. We have had players who wanted to leave the club. But there is a very easy way of going about it with some class. There are bitchasses like Robinho who we brought from Brazil and opened the doors of big time European football to who later did what he did to leave while we also have examples like Redondo who was pushed out when he didn't even want to leave and behaved with class.

I don't pretend that RM is holier than thou and bring up the word values, a word which has been sullied by the disgusting institution of Barcelona but you can clearly see our upbringing in the way our boys behave for example Marcos Llorente. He had a stud season and was wanted by plenty of clubs before coming back and was sidelined worse than Dani C or Kovacic. His attitude is there for everyone to see.

Kovacic is a good player but I certainly hope we get a huge fee for him from Chelsea and he can be happy somewhere other than Real Madrid.

YOUNGSTARS87, J-Mezzy and Bear Crotch repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Either way it's not worth being upset about it. Kovacic has been A OK for us, and behaved according to the moral standards of the club. Can't really blame him for wanting more out of his career, with the competition on the team being incredible (Isco, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Ceballos etc.)

Zidane05 repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Some players want to play more when they reach 24. Others are satisfied with a bench role.
    Varane did not have fierce competition.. neither did Marcelo. These two players cannot be used as comparison..
    Marcos Llorente was born in Madrid, same as Nacho and Carvajal..
    Kroos came in to be a starter.. if he had been benched similarly to how James was benched when Rafa arrived and then Zidane, he will no longer be playing for us, I can guarantee you that.
    An international player will most likely stay with us sitting on the bench for one or two seasons the most - unless he is really really young - After that, if their situation does not improve they will consider other teams and that has nothing to do with their character.

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I know that and I don't begrudge someone wanting to do that. That's not the issue, at least not for me. Although there is something to be said about having enough affection/loyalty whatever you wanna call it for the club to ride out the bench seasons. There is a classy way to leave, he was liking IG posts about him being a Man City signing while he was a Madrid player.

temesgen, Anon. and libertao repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough and some good points, however I am curious as to why you think Varane did not have fierce competition , two possible places as far as he was concerned up for grabs and he had Sergio and Pepe in front of him, i’d say that’s pretty fierce competition, give Varane some credit, maybe he was so good at the position he was able to force coaches to play him more often and not leave him out as much whereas Kova just wasn’t as good as the players in front of him hence the wait?, maybe injuries played a major role, hard to compare really but personally I think the competition was just as difficult for Varane if all the players are fit.

libertao repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1086 robnycus, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Pepe was aging. That spot was his.. or Nacho's, who was his true competition.

Kova had Ceballos, Llorente and Isco to compete without mentioning the younger starters.. Casemiro and Kroos.

12. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Looks like a perfect fit for Sarri ball. Had his best game so far against Liverpool yesterday.

13. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    Hes doing really well at Chelsea, the premier league will help him a lot physically with how demanding it is. He’s the natural successor to Modric. Hope relations can be repaired

Hendrix22 repped this.
  14. ahnaf

ahnaf Member+

Jun 9, 2013
    Dhaka,Bangladesh
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    No thanks. His time here is over. Ceballos took his spot here pretty nicely. I am excited to see how he progress.

Ahmadi8, Stiliyan and Eddie repped this.
  15. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, I really liked him as a player and a person but the way he talks recently - no thanks. Given how almost every one in the world dreams to play for Real Madrid, I can't understand him at all.
    Zidane left and he didn't show any intention to try to fight for a place with a new coach. Goodbye message as he is not on loan but sold, interviews pointing to desire to play for Chelsea next season. Doesn't look to me like a Real Madrid material, we need big players.

16. Iscodisco93

Iscodisco93 New Member

Real Madrid
    Niger
    Nov 4, 2018
    From being behind modric and kross on the team to being behind Ross Barkley and Ruben loftus cheek, maybe he isn't all that

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think is rotation but yeah he is not yet an undisputed starter like kante or Jorgihno.

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barkley has 500 minutes, Loftus 250 minutes while Kovacic has 650 mins plus started league cup games and not to mention that he was injured.

19. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kovacic is the better all around player but Barkley provides more of a goal threat from the midfield which is what Chelsea needs.

Chelsea have some mid in the pipeline too who are going to take priority over a loanee.

libertao repped this.
  20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So far Sarri has proved to be a good coach. Has improved Chelsea's garbages significantly.

robnycus, Drouchk and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He is one coach that i would like to see coach Madrid some day.

Prit Javier and S1na repped this.
  22. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How is our wonder-boy doing? Does anyone know?

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's playing good but at the moment he's fighting for a starting spot. Kante and Jorginho have locked down 2/3 midfield spots and Kovacic, Barkley and that Ruben cheeky guy are fighting for the third spot. I'd say Kovacic is the better than them but they provide more of a goalscoring threat than he does and that's what they currently need.

Chinky24 and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In summary, he is almost in the same position as he was here
    lol

J-Mezzy and Digital repped this.
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Have you been watching him play? The guy plays most of the games.