"Croatianizing" our midfield in style - Welcome Mateo Kovačić

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The only moronic thing is to put Kovacic in the same bracket and status as Ramos and Cris and Luka. Lmao. If he had contributed to the club as much as these others have he would definitely have a much longer leash. How is this not apparent to anyone? Maybe thats a more apt example of moronic thinking?

Of course I am gonna be sensitive about Real Madrid. Its like saying why are you sensitive about your family. Pffftt.

Deep Pal, Eddie, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That's the part I laughed about most. Look which posters made that point.

God forbid a Madrid fan be passionate about Madrid. Apparently we should only be passionate about our countrymen or anything which bashes the club or mitigates it's achievements.

Deep Pal, Eddie and Shay Z repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently disrespect towards the club is weighted by status and contributions.

By this logic if Llorente says the weather in Italy is nice he should be crucified on Cibeles:laugh:

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1029 Shay Z, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Wow. The sheer idiocy of that comment. Almost unfathomable. It's like something that would come from the mouth of the dude in your avatar.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Right? Being a passionate Madridista is something you shouldn't do because emotions have no part in fandom. Everything should be dispassionately viewed because that's how football fans should be.

I wonder if these guys are as miserable in real life as they seem online.

6. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Nailed it with this post. Even with Zidane i think Kovacic was leaving this season but seems like Real Madrid wants to play there young Spanish players. Kovacic definitely saw the writing on the wall.

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is idiotic is saying that the same comment should be measured differently based on what the player has done for the club. You either disrespect the club or you don't. But what else could one expect from people who usually judge the content by its source (or avatars) even on this forum.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The fact that you don't understand a basic point only strengthens the validity of my comment. So i'm assuming in your life you treat any discretion from your wife or son or mom the same as you would any person on the street?

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They never wanted to really leave. They wanted a higher salary and they deserved it. Kovacic wanted to leave for real.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    and that is not bad if you consider his POV.
    - wants to play more
    - more Spanish midfielders are coming in to compete for minutes.
    - Lopetegui is the new coach who was also Spain's NT and U21 coach .

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right, thats literally the same thing.

Kovacic wanted more playing time and he deserved it, since based on quality he would be a starter in any club that doesn't have Modric.

In any case this is not what these posters are arguing. What they are arguing is that Kovacic commenting that hes looking forward to more playing time at Chelsea is an insult to this club while others holding it at ransom for more money is not, because they have different status.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cristiano did get criticized and heavily every time he threw a tantrum and especially his last one. Idk why you think we are being harder on Kova.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Shay Z repped this.
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am saying that the intent matters. A player using another club to get a bigger salary is a norm. Messi did it with City and he is still loved by cules. Kovacic just couldn't stand staying in a club that gave him so much. Ok he wanted minutes. Cool. Then why would he post a goodbye message as if he already knows he won't comeback, despite the probability of Modric declining.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If my son/wife disrespects someone I would actually care more than if someone on the street does it. I am not sure I am following this train of thought.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You guys are wasting your time lol.

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Because he wants to try new waters? Why is that so difficult to reconcile?

17. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Because i am a Madridista and we lost a significant bench option maybe?
    Any way ********k him.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1043 Shay Z, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    That status and standing matters. Which is what those guys were calling silly and illogical and bringing up Cristiano’s name as if he wasn’t mercilessly abused on this very forum for his comments. According to them every person has the same value and their comments or actions should be judged on the same yardstick as anyone else when that’s just not the case in life, as everyone knows. Why should it be different when it comes to Real Madrid?

I’m passionate about Real Madrid. So much so that I give a significant amount of my time coming on here and reading information and opinions everyday. Watch every game and follow the players’ lives. Not to question anyone Madrisismo because I dislike that but perhaps someone who isn’t that invested wouldn’t feel slighted by Kovacic’ comments. Or feel more dispassionately about everything Real Madrid related. Just a guess.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He is a sub everywhere he’s been, let’s wait if he can nail down a starting place at Chelsea then Kovacic fanclub can sing his name. Kovacic has all the skills to succeed at highest level, what is holding him back is his football IQ - he is LassDiarra light to me.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    In a club like ours the bench has to be refreshed every couple of years.. is the nature of the market and the sport. Most non Spanish players would not want to be bench options in their peak years.. 24-27..

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody ever said ******** Ronaldo/Modric/Ramos because of his comments, sell him for x million euros. Yet we have people here acting as if Kovacic committed a crime for saying that he is happy to be at Chelsea.

Its funny how 'passionate' fans are so riled up about a rotation players comments because they care about Madrid so much, but when the most important players which should be closest to their hearts begin to act up, all is quickly forgiven.

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the best and only course of action is to lock this thread.

Deep Pal and robnycus repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I get what you are saying.. and I think it is understandable to be frustrated at the situation but not at the player for simply wanting to go to another club to find more playing time. I am Madridista as well as also invest a lot of my time in these discussions.
    I still can't relate to this different yardstick concept.. Is it something like if my wife does something bad I can forgive her because I love her.. but if someone else who I only know for a few years does it I won't .. and I can call them names?

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Stop with the silly hyperbole. Nobody said Kovacic committed a crime.

Stop spewing falsehoods. Those threads are on here for everyone who thinks otherwise and wants to re-write history to go and have a look. Hilarious that you bring up Cristiano who was probably the most criticized player in recent history. Most of the posters slammed Bale for his comments too.

At least let some time pass and then re-write history so there’s a chance some might have forgotten.

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If there was criticism on Ronaldo based on his comments, very little of it amounted to '******** him, he should be sold'. In fact most people are still crying about him leaving.

As for hyperbole, youre the one coming up with the wife/stranger examples so I wouldn't go there. Its laughable that based on Kovacic's comments people decide that we shouldn't bring him back after the season is over.