Review: Croatian players in Yugoslavian national team - historic injustice

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by carmelino, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Serbs changed the names of Croatian cities in their Cyrillic letter, provocations after the war, they putted Kosovo on the right side, even though distance between Osijek and Kosovo is 1000 km at least:

[​IMG]

I don't understand this, I only see Srpski in the middle (Serbian):

[​IMG]

This came out in Croatian city of Vukovar, someone painted that graffiti as you can see, but they don't give up.

Last line is: You are all Serbs. They mean on Croats.:)

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    At the same time that the game Yugoslavia-Argentina was played in Italy, but in the south of the world, in Chile, I remember that that cold saturday, I was playing football with my school mates, and all of us wanted that Yugoslavia will win that match, because we didn't want to see Argentina again in semifinals of a WC.
    Sadly Argentina won the penalty kicks.:(

3. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was very young in 1990, so I don't remember LIVE matches at all. I saw many years after what happened on that World Cup. I bought DVD's about every World Cup and EURO.:D I watched them, but these are also highlights, atmosphere around the stadium. I liked 1982 in Spain, fans were sitting in the parks. Nice moments to see, many details outside of court for every World Cup.

In 1990. I didn't know the format of competitions, qualifications, football associations, nothing. I don't remember EURO 1992. But from DVD's I saw that Brolin did great on this EURO.

My first LIVE World Cup was 1994. First EURO 1996.:) During Yugoslavia many Croats supported Germany, Spain. They supported clubs: Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen. They always supported opponents of Yugoslavia. Serbs today aren't happy with this Yugoslav results, they would liked Serbian excellent results. They can't accept Yugoslav results as their own, because there were many Croats, some Muslims, this hurts them, also Croatian third place in France hurts them, they can't achieve better result. For example they have better results in basketball than Croats do, they like to mention quite often.

Croats are better in skiing, handball, in water polo I think that we are equal, similar shape, always in semifinals. Croats are better in football results than Serbs, we have better results in swimming, rowing, sailing, boxing, martial arts, probably table tennis. We were better in tennis before until Novak Djokovic, who is Montenegrin/Croatian, but they like to call him Serb and he always must demonstrate how great Serb is, person with issues. He said some political messages, that Kosovo is Serbian region, he also said that Serbs and Croats are the same nation.:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHxsHShCb5w&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1"]Novak Djokovic: Croat or Serb - It's the same thing - YouTube[/ame]

Croats are lighter than Serbs because before Ottoman invasion many Serbs lived in Vardar Macedonia and some in Northern Greece, where is much bigger influence of Mediterranean climate than, for example, Central and Northern Serbia (Temperate Continental climate). Also Ottoman Empire persons wanted to sleep with Serbian women, so that they implement Turkish blood. If you travel through Serbia and Macedonia you would notice that Serbs and Macedonians are similar, both are Dinarics, but you would notice that Serbs are lighter because of much bigger Mediterranean/Pontid influence on Macedonians. However the difference between Serbs and Croats is not very big. Percentage of light eyes among Croats is 49,2% and percentage of light eyes among Serbs is 48,5%.

Also, Serbian and Croatian language is 90% similar and sometimes Serbs are mistaken for Croats by other peoples or opposite.

The modern Serbs, like the rest of the Yugoslavs, fall more into the Dinaric racial classification than any other.121 Not as tall as the inhabitants of the mountain chain itself, they attain a national stature mean of about 168 cm., which varies somewhat regionally, reaching the figure of 170 cm. and over as one approaches Bosnia and Montenegro. The bodily build of the Serbs, as with most other southern Slavic peoples, is neither thick-set nor lean as a rule, but of moderate European proportions. A relative sitting height mean of 52.8 and a relative span of 102, emphasize the relative length of leg and shortness of arm. These are the proportions that one finds in southern Germany, rather than in northern Slavic countries.

The Serbs, for their stature, have, even more than the Slovenes, relatively small heads. The mean length is only 182 mm., the breadth 184.5 mm., while the auricular height mean is only 123 mm. These are smalla than the heads of most Alpines, and of most western Dinaric groups. The cephalic index mean of 85 is of fully Dinaric elevation. The faces are also small, but longer than those of Slovenes and Croats, with a mean menton-nasion height of 122 mm. The bizygomatic breadth is likewise restrictat the mean of 140 mm. or less is no greater than among Nordics and Neo-Danubians. The noses are moderately leptorrhine (N. I. = 63), and small. (53 mm. X 33 mm.). The nasal profiles are usually straight, with a 25 per cent convex minority, and about 12 per cent of concave. The nasal root is almost always high, and the tip is inclined horizontally in most cases, but downward more frequently than upward.

The Serbs are darker in pigmentation than either the Slovenes or the Croatians; 45 per cent of eyes are pure brown (Martin #2-4), as against 20 per cent which are pure or nearly pure light. Over 55 per cent have black or dark brown hair, while light browns and blonds come to less than 10 per cent. The beards are, of course, often lighter than the head hair. The skin is brunet-white or light-brown in at least a third of the total. It is unlikely that the prevalence of brunet pigmentation among the Serbs came from a Slavic source, and as we shall presently see, the high incidence of dark eyes can hardly be called Dinaric. By elimination we must suppose that the Serbs, in their sojourn in northern Macedonia. accumulated a strong brunet tendency.

You have 904 000 web pages that say about the difference between Croats and Serbs.:D Mutual love, what can I say.:D If you find something interesting, you can post these information.

http://www.google.hr/search?rlz=1C1...0l0ll0l0&fp=d6eba918fb8b7444&biw=1152&bih=773

4. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    History of the Serbs:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Serbs

"The Serbs are descended from the unbaptized Serbs, also called 'white', who live beyond Turkey in a place called by them Boiki, where their neighbour is Francia, as is also Great Croatia, the unbaptized, also called 'white': in this place, then, these Serbs also originally dwelt. But when two brothers succeeded their father in the rule of Serbia, one of them, taking a moiety of the folk, claimed the protection of Heraclius, the emperor of the Romans, and the same emperor Heraclius received him and gave him a place in the province of Thessalonica to settle in, namely Serbia, which from that time has acquired this denomination."...
    ..."Now, after some time these same Serbs decided to depart to their own homes, and the emperor sent them off. But when they had crossed the river Danube, they changed their minds and sent a request to the emperor Heraclius, through the military governor then governing Belgrade, that he would grant them other land to settle in."...
    ..."And since what is now Rascia (Serbia) and Pagania and the so-called country of the Zachlumi and Trebounia and the country of the Kanalites were under the dominion of the emperor of the Romans, and since these countries had been made desolate by the Avars (for they had expelled from those parts the Romans who now live in Dalmatia and Dyrrachium), therefore the emperor settled these same Serbs in these countries, and they were subject to the emperor of the Romans; and the emperor brought elders from Rome and baptized them and taught them fairly to perform the works of piety and expounded to them the faith of the Christians."...
    ..."And since Bulgaria was beneath the dominion of the Romans * * * when, therefore, that same Serbian prince died who had claimed the emperor's protection, his son ruled in succession, and thereafter his grandson, and in like manner the succeeding princes from his family"...

Source: De Administrando Imperio chapter 31, Constantine VII.

White Serbia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Serbia

The Serbs migrated from White Serbia and settled in the Balkans in 610-626, led by the Unknown Archont. This migration was at the invitation of Byzantine Emperor Heraclius, who sought aid in defeating the Avars in Dalmatia. Following their victory over the Avars, they were first given land and settled in the province of Thessalonica (Serbian: Солун, Solun) in a town called "Servia".

They went in Greece, this means that West Balkans wasn't their home, they came there because of their defeats against Ottoman Empire.

Servia, Greece, not Croatia or today's Serbia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servia,_Greece

That's why they have great relations with Greeks, Orthodox brotherhood. They hate other religions, especially Catholics and Muslims, because they live with them.

The Serbs are said to have been homesick and decided to leave the Balkans for their homeland in the north, but eventually decided to stay in Roman Dalmatia under the supervision of the Byzantine Empire, acting as guardians of the northern Byzantine frontier. Their area of settlement encompassed modern Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro (Pagania, Zahumlje, Bosnia, Travunia, Doclea, Rascia, later parts of the 14th-century Serbian Kingdom and Empire). The Serbs absorbed Paleo-Balkan tribes (Thracians, Dacians and Illyrians), and Hellenized (Byzantine) and Latin-speaking inhabitants (Romans, romanized tribes).

Croats came in 7th century on spaces of modern Croatia.

In 680, the Byzantine Emperor forcefully settled Anatolia with 30,000 Serb prisoners in a city called Gordoservon (City of the Serbs), in ancient Phrygia, where they would be part of the Byzantine army against the Umayyads, they had a battle in Sebastopolis in 692, the Serbs, however, defected after Umayyud persuasion, the Serbs left the army because of bad treatment and the Byzantines lost.

Serbs = prisoners, enough said about their dignity and respect of laws.

In 822, The Frankish chronicler Einhardt accounts that the "Serbs, which nation inhabits a large part of Dalmatia" ("Sorabi, quae natio magnam Dalmatiae partem obtinere dicitur") and also the protection of the Pannonian Slav ruler Ljudevit Posavski at the hands of the Serbs (Serbia) to the east.

Croat Ljudevit Posavski gave them protection. History is always on Croatian side, Serbs are always try to manipulate with historic information, same as Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina, who tried to deny their Croatian/Serbian - Catholic/Orthodox heritage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ljudevit_Posavski

When Serbs invade, there is always another war:

The first war between Bulgarians and Serbs took place between 839 and 842. According to Byzantine sources both peoples co-existed peacefully until Bulgarian attacks in the Macedonia region.

The Serbian tribes, who were pagan (Slavic Mythology) came in immediate contact with Christianity when arriving at the Balkans: the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII recounts that they were initially baptized by "elders" from Rome, however Byzantine Cyril and Methodius from Constantinople are the missionaries that are venerated as the baptists. The process of Christianization is held to have been completed by 870, when Greek (Byzantine) and Theophoric given names became permanent tradition in Serbian culture. A Serbian bishopric may have been founded in Ras in 871 by Serbian Knez Mutimir, confirmed by the Council of Constantinople in 879-80.

Serbian prisoners, tribes - surprise me history with something new.:D

Mutimir of Serbia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutimir

Mutno means something bad, "mutna" water - dirty water.:D Person who "muti" is a liar and scammer.

At times, the Serbs struggled to gain independence from the Byzantines. The acceptance of Imperial authority and alliance in early Serb history can be seen in the Serbian tribes' alliance with the Byzantine Emperor Basil I the Macedonian and Louis the Younger against the Saracens (Arabs) in fl. 869-871.

The most powerful Serb states were Rascia and Doclea, that started breaking away from the Byzantine Empire in the late 10th and early 11th centuries, after Serbian rulers took power by force from the local Byzantine governors.

They created their first regions in 10th, 11th century, four centuries after Croatia. They always did things by force.

Rascia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascia
    Very far from Croatia, today's Kosovo I believe, that's why they can't accept the loss of Kosovo, only woods and mountains, but it's their pride.

[​IMG]

Doclea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duklja

Dolcea or Dioklea is today's Montenegro, they lost another historic Serbian region. Yellow space above. Bosnia and Herzegovina was Croatia back than, Croatian historic regions, many proofs I can find about this. This map represents this very well. Also today's Northern Serbia was also Croatian historic region. Croatia went very far. This Northern Serbian region, today is Vojvodina, which has autonomy and soon they will be independent. Serbs are refugees on the space of Western Balkan. They don't have any connection with Croats. But, Novak Djokovic probably knows more, probably he holds pHD in history in secret.:)

[​IMG]

The Serbs became more powerful under Saint Sava, who became the first head of the Serb Orthodox Church and his brother Stefan Prvovencani who was made son-in-law (sebastokrator) to Emperor Alexios III Angelos after marrying Eudokia Angelina, thus ensuring the autonomy of Serbia and continuing loyalty to the Byzantine Empire. At the time, Serbia did not exist as a state of that name but was rather the region inhabited and ruled by the Serbs; its kings and tsars were called the "King of the Serbs" referring to lands where the Serbs lived. The medieval Serbian state is nonetheless often, albeit anachronistically, referred to as "Serbia".

Saint Sava: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Sava

Serbian progress was made during his lifetime: he was born in 1174. in Gradina (modern Podgorica, Montenegro). He was the youngest son of Grand Prince Stefan Nemanja and Anastasija. He is part of the first generation of the House of Nemanjić.

Montenegrin.:D

Serbia experienced its golden age under the House of Nemanjic, with the Serbian state reaching its apogee of power in the reign of Tsar Stefan Uros Dusan, when the Serbian Empire dominated the Balkans. Serbia's power subsequently dwindled amid interminable conflict between the nobility, rendering the country unable to resist the steady incursion of the Ottoman Empire into south-eastern Europe. The Battle of Kosovo in 1389 is commonly regarded in Serbian national mythology as the key event in the country's defeat by the Turks, although in fact Ottoman rule was not fully imposed until some time later. After Serbia fell, the kings of Bosnia used the title of "King of the Serbs" until Bosnia was also overrun.

On one graffiti above, there is a picture of one website, that has 1389 year. They celebrate their defeat as their Golden Age.:confused: Their Golden Age came almost 700 years after Croats came. Croats gave them everything on that space, land, protection.

Proud history of the Serbs.:)

5. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Toronto: Croatian Students might lose their identity

http://croworld.ca/archives/634

"UofT has had a Croatian program for many years running. Helping our Kids learn about our culture, language and traditions. This program has been a great success until now. Some controversy has risen with the institution of a new Serbian professor. The program has been changed for the upcoming year which has merged the slavic based courses as one.

Elementary Serbian + Elementary Croatian => Elementary Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian
    Serbian Cultural History + Croatian Cultural History => Cultural History of the South Slavs
    Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian On Film => Postwar Yugoslav Cinema: 1945-1990
    New Course => Yugoslavia’s Literary Émigrés and Exiles

Elementary Croatian and Croatian Cultural History were by far the most popular among Croatian students, and now they’re gone. Now the Croatian program is in danger of disappearing.

After many successful years as a program, losing this would be a shame. Students should stand up and voice their opinions along with the communities support. Let’s not let others assimilate our identity again.

Is this merge because of enrolment issues? Yugo nostalgia? We’d like to hear your thoughts in the comments."

This Serbian professor in Toronto wants do melt down Croatian heritage and represent this heritage as identical to Serbian. For example, Swedish and Norwegian are more similar than Croatian and Serbian, but they aren't one language and part of one course. Another Serbian injustice against Croats, this time in diaspora, wanting to settle things from the old country. The question is why they don't leave Croats alone, if they can finance their projects, courses, teachers why shouldn't they learn about Croatian language, Croatian culture and Croatian history. These children have many obligations in Canadian schools, they don't need to sacrifice in courses like Serbian Cyrillic letter, Serbian "culture" and Serbian "history", Yugoslav cinema:

Yugoslav/Serbian most popular actor: Pavle Vujisic:

[​IMG]

This means that Croats will probably watch war and existential movies with actors who have drinking problems. I would call this depressive cinema.

Bosnian language is Croatian language, they had changed some words and implement many Turkish words, who aren't even correct like in Turkey. Why should Croats learn two almost exact things?

Yugoslav literary - do they mean on Vuk Karadzic - self-thought linguist, who has only high school education?:D His name means Wolf. Children could find this funny and every scientific step could collapse. How can any parent give to their own child the name Wolf? Mission of parentage is to love their children. "Wolf, did you broke this vase?", "No mummy, I didn't", "Bad Wolf, go in your room and think about what you did.":) "Grrrrr - said the young Wolf and he went in the room to read his book about the Little Red Riding Hood. I assume that he can read this delicate scientific study, after all he is self-thought linguist."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuk_Stefanović_Karadžić

Croatia has their own linguists, who have proper education, he studied in Rome. Already as a student, Kašić started teaching Croatian in the Illyric Academy in Rome, which awakened his interest in the Croatian language. By 1599 he made a Croatian-Italian dictionary, which has been preserved as a manuscript in Dubrovnik since the 18th century. Some experts believe it is one of three dictionaries made by Kašić and that the other two are archived in Perugia and Oxford.:

Bartol Kasic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartol_Kašić

Another Croatian linguist:

Bratoljub Klaic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bratoljub_Klaić

Other Croatian linguists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Croatian_linguists

Serbian linguisits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Serbian_linguists

Empty page.:D Why this didn't surprised me? I expected at least one, but I am obviously optimistic.:D

On the other link I found 8 Serbian linguists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serbian_linguists

Education should be step forward, don't you think?

Croatian scientists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Croatian_scientists

Serbian scientists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serbian_scientists

This school in Toronto is ethnic Croatian school, they can learn what they wish. When is the question of Canadian education, they need to learn what Canadian Ministry of Education implements. Children would be confused with so many unnecessary information. This Serbian professor treats against us, like we don't have nothing. In the bottom of this link you have comments, mostly of Croats. Croats in Toronto should resist against these attempts and find new space, where they can get proper education about Croatian culture, history and language. They should just leave us alon finally without any dirty games when we are in the peace now.

Awards that achieved Croatian students on international competitions:

Chemistry: High School students

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/P...ts_win_medals_at_Chemistry_Olympiad_in_Turkey

International Marianne Mueller Award competition for innovative solutions to problems in hospitality and tourism:

http://www.tocroatia.net/croatian-n...lace-in-international-hospitality-competition

Design: http://pogledaj.to/en/design/croatian-students-–-competition-winners/

Informatics - Thailand 2011.: http://croatiantimes.com/?id=20916-newentry

Mathematics: http://www.croatia.org/crown/articles/9894/1

Photography: http://www.imaginecup.com/About/News.aspx

We can create our own science without any "assistance" of Serbs and any other Balkan nation. Their "assistance" usually means Croatian destruction. History and Croats know this.

6. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol...typical fascist idiots...it's entirely their fault that Istria is not Italian anymore. Bipolar retards. The great Tito and the glorious Yugoslavian resistance dealt with them properly in the immediate WWII aftermath. Unfortunately most of the Italian partisan political forces weren't as resolute, and this is the sad outcome.

This being said, while I fully agree Istria, Fiume and Dalmazia (and maybe even Trieste) had to be allocated to Socialist Yugoslavia after WWII...since in the meantime Yugoslavia has unfortunately been torn apart, it's about time the Italian state reclaims Caporetto, Pola, Capodistria, Postumia, Portorose, Parenzo, Rovigno, Spalato, Ragusa, Cherso, Zara, Fiume and even Cattaro from Slovenia, Croatia and Montenegro.

Italian politicians made a big mistake in 1991. Should have offered Milosevic help in repressing Slovenian and Croatian secessionism in exchange for all former Italian lands. I'm sure Serbians would have accepted, with the exclusion of Ragusa and Cattaro maybe.

Another stupid mistake was letting Slovenia into the EU. I hope the same mistake won't be repeated with Croatia and Montenegro.

7. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    "According to the 2001 Croatian census data for the Istria County, 71.88% of the inhabitants were Croats, 6.92% were Italians, 3.20% were Serbs, 1.49% were Bosnians, and 10.65% did not want to state their nationality. Those declaring themselves regionally as Istrians made up 4.3%. Other nationalities had less than 1% each."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istria

How can minority rule over majority?

Yes, communists killed Aldo Moro, for example. And you are saying that they were great. Every Croatian family lost some number of members, the killers were communists or Serbs. All killings happened after WW2, without trials, many civilians died, old people, children, catholic priests. Were they all soldiers?

For example, during and after WW2 663 Catholic priests and 31 sister were killed, just because they were Croats/Catholics. Interesting accusation with firm postulates for extermination.

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Hrv...ype/ArticleView/articleId/130152/Default.aspx

Article is in Croatian, but Google Translator can reveal everything.

Partizans and communists killed 240 priests during the war, and 263 priests after the war. 12 priests served regular military service and they were killed also there.

Other killings happened because of Italians, Germans and bombing with plains. But communists were especially brutal. And you have dignity to defend them.:D But it's good that communists saved a lot of money because they didn't use tribunal courts, trials, they didn't searched for evidences. Why bother it's easy to sit in the forest and drink Rakija/Schnapps/Grappa/Slivovitz.

Last item was extra popular: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slivovitz

Alcohol makes miracles, he convinces you that everyone are criminals and that everyone is watching on you.:D Glorious army. You got that right.

Italian soldiers, to be honest, they had mayor losses of human resources, soldiers, but Italian communists don't have courage, same like Croatian communists. Croatian communists are scared now because of possible trials. Why, if they are innocenti?:D Communists are brave against old people, females, children and unarmed people like in Bleiburg massacre of Croats, Slovenes, Cossacks, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleiburg_massacre

They are good in stake outs, but in open combat they don't have any chance. First of all, they don't have education at all.

Josip Broz Tito was locksmith.:D Croatian leader in the WW2 Ante Pavelic had a pHD in Law. Communists are ignorant, peasant origin, they are radical.

Serbian revolutionist Punisa Racic killed several Croat members 1928. in Yugoslav Parliament. This was one of reasons why Croatia wanted their independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puniša_Račić

Even Partisans didn't like Punisa. They executed him. Punisa means, "someone who is full".:D Serbian names make me laugh every time.

Italian partisan political forces can't fight in open fight. I know mentality of partisans, they are brave only in stake outs, they don't know how to plan a combat, they just sit and wait. Also partisans had a large help of other forces. If they didn't had so much help, you would seen them defeated. This is brainwashed political structure, nice lie that can't live in practical sense.

One small group of people worked others were lazy. Just look Eastern and Western Block, two different worlds, people need money, education, peace, communism can't offer this. Any radical political structure: Nazi, communists - they can't convince people so that they can believe in these theories. These leaders and followers often have mental issues, they use hard medications and they don't know the difference between dreams and reality.

Istra is Italian dream, not reality. Croats could ask Molise in Italy also, as their own autonomous region, but we are not radicals. Croats respect foreign laws. When we come in Rome, we behave like Romans, it would be nice to see others that could behave like Croats in Zagreb, Split, Rijeka, Osijek, Istra, etc.

Rijeka is Rijeka, not Fiume.
    Pula is Pula, not Pola.
    Zadar is Zadar, not Zaro.
    Rovinj is Rovinj, not Rovigno.
    Split is Split, not Spalato.
    Dubrovnik is Dubrovnik, not Ragusa, CNN said Dubrovnik, why shouldn't you?:D

You are living in dreams, you are dealing with the names that don't exist anymore. When you call these cities like this, why shouldn't Croats and Slovenes call Trieste - Trst, Udine is Slavic word for example, same as Gorizia (Gorica). Gora means monte in Italian.

Can you back than South Tirol to Austrians (Kronplatz) and other places? Can you let Aosta to France, because I know that many French people live in that part. Why did you changed these Austrian names into Italian names: Ortler, Muntpitschen, Weißkugel, Wilder Freiger, Hirzer, Hochfeiler, Dreiherrnspitze, Dreischusterspitze, Langkofel, Bozen...etc.

Why should Italian ski driver Manfred Molgg sing Italian national anthem? He is Austrian.:D I see in your words that you hate independent Croatia and Croats. I don't hate Italians, I have several good friends who are Italians, by origins or Italians from Germany, Switzerland or Italy. They don't have dreams like you, I advice you that you buy the one-way ticket for the 21. century so that you see how we live around you. You are still living in 1945., you still nurture images of Mussolini's defeat.

Croatia lost WW2 because we had to many enemies. But life goes on. Justice will come at he end. Look at Serbia, they are losing their historic regions and they don't have peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina, their "dream" state of Republika Srpska isn't accepted, they don't play on World Cup, EUROS.

If my country couldn't play on sports events I would ask myself why is that so. I would be shamed, but Croatia exists, Croatian national anthem exists, Croatian coat of arms exists, Serbs change their flag every 4,5 years: (blue, white, red, now they have red, blue and white I think, sometimes they have red star, sometimes they don't, sometimes they invent some birds on their flag, they change national anthem, Bosnia and Herzegovina has the flag that was made of EU, they don't have national anthem lyrics. Another war will probably start in Kosovo, new sad destinies will be born, because of what? Because of few acres of wood and trees.

Serbia will lose their region Vojvodina soon. Why? Because this is Croatian historic region, look the map from above. Vojvodina is Serbian northern region.
    Serbs lost so many lives in every war, they were defeated in every war, they celebrate the year 1389, their defeat against Ottoman Empire. Nobody likes them in that region, Croats don't need them, but they need us, you can see them on Croatian coast with cheese pies (burek) and cheap beer. They aren't proud to say in Croatia: "I am Serbian"

Deep down they all know what they did against Croats, Muslims, Albanians, Italians, Germans, Czechs, Slovaks, Slovenes, Hungarians, Ukrainians, etc.

On the other hand if I would ever come in Serbia, I would say proudly that I am Croat. Because I don't have any guilty, any bad conscience. When you can do this, this means a lot. Poor people who can't say proudly what they are.

For example, Brazilian model Adriana Lima had an interview with Croatian media. Her husband is Serbian basketball player Marko Jaric. Jaric (Jare) means small goat.

Reporter asked her: "People saw you in Serbia that you want apply for Serbian citizenship, is this true?" She said: "I am not answering on that question".
    She is afraid that she could lose Croatian market, maybe she has reputation in Croatia.:D She doesn't sound so proud to become a Serb.:D

Communists don't have heritage, nationality, legacy, values, human actions and you know that.:)

Croats can live without Serbia, I have never visited Serbia and I don't need to. I don't have nothing to see there. But all Croatian enemies like to come in Croatia. Why do they visit something that hey hate? They all can go in the place where they are happy. Croatia destroyed Serbian army in three months, they destroyed Croatia for four years, they had more soldiers, more weapons, but their heart was smaller. The question is do they have a heart at all?

We gave them translations for negotiations with EU. EU gave this to us in English language, they needed to pay that a lot, now they got this for free from us. Hoping to see them as normal people one day, but my hope is so small.:D

They try to destroy us in every way, for example this Croatian school in Toronto. They couldn't win in the war but they try to win against us on educational field, by forbidding our language, history and tradition as individual entity. I don't know how to read Serbian Cyrillic. This means that we are not similar. You can read their origins, "heritage", you will find words like: tribe, prisoners, killers, war creators. There is no future in violence and you have dreams like they have.:D

Gather your army and conquer Istra, Dalmacija and islands if you have these desires.:p I will bet that this battle will end in a two weeks. Croatia is entering in EU on 1. July 2013.

You hate fascists, they had Istra and parts od Dalmacija, but you cry now because of lost territories. I believe that you have fascist soul and communism methods of destruction.

Next summer I could visit Croatian Istra, swimm a little on the Croatian coast and to see their beauties. I would probably see some Croatian flags so that they help me when I ask where I am, if I forget because of so much sun and Croatian cuisine. I will expect you in ferragosto, amico mio!:) Benvenuti in Croazia!:)

8. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Croatia can have Molise, no problem :D

9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No you don't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's an 'Austria'?? A dish-cleaning product?? A supermarket chain??

Moelgg actually sings the Italian anthem, but I can fully understand Germanophone Alto Adige citizens being bitter towards the Italophone contingent due to Mussolini's shameful anti-integration policies in the region.

Let me get this straight: I'm fully in favor of bilinguism and multi-culturalism in Italian areas where there are sizeable autochthonous communities of non-Italian heritage. Be it Germans, French, Greeks, Yugoslavians or whatever.

Unlike you I don't hate people based on where they're from. I'm not a closet Nazi. I don't like the outcome of the dissolution of Yugoslavia, just as I don't like the current Italian government and institutional frame.

The defeat of fascism is the founding episode of our Republic. Of course I'm very proud of it.

Croatia didn't lose WWII. United Yugoslavia, of which Croatia was an integral part, triumphed against fascist traitors such as Pavelic and the Italian and German occupants.

I don't care about Serbia. My stance is that both Serbia and Croatia should not exist as separate entities.

This is unfortunately false, dumb jingoism and nationalism is rampant in Serbia too.

You mean Adriana Francesca Lima?? She has an Italian passport, that's more than enough.

Maybe less. Even fascist armies were able to conquer Istria and Dalmazia and camp there for decades until communists defeated them...just imagine what would happen if normal-brained Italians took part in the campaign.

Istria might be pleasant but it can't compare to sovereign Italy.

10. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    First photo are Romani people.:D They are not Croats, mostly Romani people are from Serbia. BTW, Romani people have their own lifestyle, they live like this in every part of world. Also in Croatian Big Brother show first prize won member of Romani people Hamdija Seferovic.

http://www.google.hr/search?rlz=1C1...v=cf.osb&fp=4c5adc538a9b9c7e&biw=1152&bih=773

But he also became famous for beating one young man after his victory.
    http://www.24sata.hr/show/hamdija-seferovic-istukao-mladica-i-razbio-mu-arkadu-187860

Do they respect Croatian laws?

Can you tel us about Italian island Lampedusa and the bodies of immigrants in your waters? Italy doesn't accept them.

How do you know that this prostitute is Croatian?

Croatian fans made this cross, because Italian fans used provocations with Soviet Union and Yugoslav flags, Livorno - Grad is a communist city. We didn't had any flags, we expected civilized atmosphere, not savages. What did you expected, that we will just listen?

You are so well concerned in International Affairs. Can you tell us something about Italian tolerant society, ordo e progresso?:D These Romani people inthe photo aren't Croats, they all came in Croatia from Macedonia, Serbia. They never say: "We are Croats".

I asked you, do Croats break foreign laws? Italians also destroyed camps of Romani people, like I don't know this.

Croatia has one Romani member in Croatian Parliament: Nazif Memedi. Are you implying that he is a Croat?:D Your arguments are so weak.

Can we ask Balotelli, Liverani, Amauri, Ferrari, Pellissier, Okaka Chuka about Italian tolerance?:D You make me laugh. You should first look on Italian issues,after that you deal with Croatia.

You tried to send Tunisian and Moroccan people in France by force, but France opened a border and they returned them back. In Italy you can see many homeless people that came from Africa. Take care them first.

Interesting small book, with title: "We are not racists. We are Italian racists. We hate everyone."

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/16244076/We-are-not-racists-We-are-Italian-racists-We-hate-everyone"]"We are not racists. We are Italian racists. We hate everyone."[/ame]

Balotelli says 'stupid' Italian racists must be stamped out

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...lian-racists-must-be-stamped-out-2137962.html

Samuel(e) Eto'o

http://deadspin.com/5666135/samuel-etoo-beats-stupid-italian-racists-1+0

http://hipsquare.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/is-italy-racist/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/aug/08/italy.france

http://betweentwosouths.blogspot.com/2010/09/italian-rats-and-roman-pigs-racists.html

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3262

Romani people in Croatia: http://lovari.hr/gypsies-program/

I see that you don't know the difference between Romani people and Croats. First learn something about these two people. And take care Italian problems, you have plenty. If these Romani people live now in Italy, they are your concern now, not ours. They aren't Croatian, same as you say that Balotelli isn't Italian.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Croatia good. All oter country is bad. Croatia the best

12. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You don't know about Austria? Oesterreich?:D Capital is Vienna? Austria is a country that has their region in northern Italy. Moellg is Austrian, like Isolde Kostner, Manuela Moellg, Dino Zoff, Mauricio Ganz, etc.

Croatia also has bilingual signs in Istra and Slavonija. (Italian, Serbian, Hungarian, Slovenian in the north, German in the east). Croatia is democratic country, minorities in croatia wants to rule with majority. Have you seen in Italy sign with spray: "Terra croata", "Paese croato"? No, but Croats see this in their country: Serbs are in majority and Italians do some individual actions.

Yugoslav people don't exist, because Yugoslavia doesn't exist.

If I say Regno d'Italia (Kingdom of Italy), I became silly, because I write about the kingdom that no longer exists, same is with you, you are still living in earlier decades.

I don't hate anyone, I just represent nations from West Balkan, mostly I get information of Wikipedia, I agree with Wikipedia. I don't change anything. Serbs didn't do anything wrong against me or against my ancestors in the whole history, that's a fact. I just comment their lifestyle. How come they can write on Croatian walls nationalistic messages and we don't do this in Belgrade, Subotica, Nis or any other city.

Did we attacked their cities? Did we destroyed Subotica, Novi Sad? No, they destroyed our cities. That' also a fact. I don't like violence and war in general meaning. I want peace in whole world. Is my wish mortal for anyone?

You don't have any arguments, like all Italian women are prudent and go in Padova, Rome and other sanctuaries? This problem is global issue, not just Italian or Croatian. I don't see any proof that this women is Croatian. I hope that you didn't asked this service. What about moral Italians Catholics who ask this service?

This photo in Livorno - do you see our flags? You can read: Dario Simic, sei un grande, etc. Ordinary Croatian coat of arm, flag with Torcida (fans of Hajduk Split). You said one side of the story, why didn't you wrote about the whole atmosphere in Livorno-Grad? Italians didn't do nothing wrong? These Yugoslav flags that you had, they were on Serbian tanks, cannons, they would destroy Croatian flag and put this or Serbian flag.

Croats did what you did, send provocation, but Croats did this after you. And we won here 0-2 I think. You are not objective, that's your problem, tou are just saying what is good for you. I never said that Croats never killed no one in the recent war, or in WW2, but Serbs started first in 1928. when they killed our members in Yugoslav Parliament, 13 years before WW2. You are quite here, because you are that kind of person.

Picture of Romani people group said everything about you. Croats don't live like this in any country and you know that.

If we are racists, how come we had several sportsmen who had non-Croatian heritage? Also I include Giovanni Rosso, player of mixed Croatian-Italian heritage. He was accepted like any other player.

You hate Croats and you hate their independence. You are saying this almost in every post. Can you prove that we should not exist? We came on that space before Serbs, how can we belong with them in one country, or with any other Balkan nation?

Why can't Italy be one country with Corsican people, Maltese people, Monaco people, Italian part of Switzerland. When I see this I see you all four as one nation, you all have Italian surnames, especially Corsican and Suisse-Italian people, you have the same religion, same letter. Catholic religion is civil religion in Italy, that means that other religions don't have same rights.:D
    But I respect your differences and I accept that you have different history.

Why can't you accept Croatian independence? Differences between Croats Serbs, Muslims, Macedonians, Kosovo poeple, Montenegrin are bigger than differences between Malta, Corsica and Italy. Difference in letter, religion, language, behavior, etc. Slovenes and Croats are more similar than others.
    Serbs came from Greece, Croats don't have nothing with Greece. Read some articles.

The defeat of communist Yugoslavia is the founding episode of our Republic. Same case like Italy. Croatia existed in every segment of history, mostly as a region, or republic, or royal country. This means that we have the right on our independence. The issue that you are brainwashed with forgotten system is your issue, I can't help you with that. I live in 21. century, you are decades in the past, talking about some revolutions, posting of non-existing flags, country names. You are making yourself very funny. if you love communism so much, live in Belarus than. It's easy to talk from Genoa, or Torino when you have all comfortable living. Why aren't you living there if you are so in love?

My goal is to live where I like. Why do you torch yourself in meaningless capitalism, leave from Italy and live in communist country so that you can enjoy in human rights. Just trying to help you.:)

Some speculations are saying that Croatia won twice in the WW2. You can also consider this as the historic fact. We are unique in every sense.:D Chronology of events confirms this in several ways.

Pavelic isn't fascist. He was a Croat, who saw injustice in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, killings of Croatian members in Yugoslav Parliament. Is this normal to you that people sit in their chairs in parliament and some terrorist comes with guns and kills several members. These politicians had 50, 60 years probably. Yugoslavia gave Istra and Dalmacija to Italy before the WW2., I think in 20's. Pavelic only respected this decision during the WW2.

"I don't care about Serbia. My stance is that both Serbia and Croatia should not exist as separate entities."

Proof is desirable here. Can you provide some historic facts? Or should we listen and believe to a desperate communist who lives in the past?

Adriana Lima obtained Serbian citizenship, but she was nervous and said that she doesn't want to talk about it, Victoria's Secret is very popular in Croatia. Why should take that risk by telling that she obtained Serbian passport. Because she knows our issues and she knows their strict bosses who doesn't want to lose any space on market. You should know something about protecting your employer and dealing with media.

First of all fascist army didn't killed Croats who wanted independent Croatia. They killed Croatian communists, who were in minority, but even than Croatian communists did some nice battles against Italians, Germans. For example Hajduk Split never changed his name in Hajduk Spalato. Fascists wanted to change this name. Italians had problems in the hills, far away from the sea, they didn't knew Dalmatian environment, you have many cliffs there, mountains, forests. Italians had problems in every country: Ethiopia, Northern Africa, they had bad weapon, Savoia Marchetti planes. They didn't had tactics, they waited German instructions. Croats also waited German instructions, but they knew better Croatian environment so they could operate alone in many times. Italy was the first country that capitulated in the WW2, 1943. Italy isn't very skilled in wars, they were mostly adventure type of people in wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Yugoslavia lost 581,000 civilians. Wars don't have any value. Isn't this sad list? And you still write about uniting several different nations, unite with Corsica, Malta, Monaco than and other Roman nations.

Why can't Italy unite with France, Spain and Portugal? I propose that Spanish or French language be your official languages with Madrid or Paris as your capital city. At least you will have one foreign language in your CV's. Interesting is that every Croat knows Italian more or less.:)

13. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croats don't write on Italian or Serbian walls: "Terra Croata", "This is Croatia".:D Italians and Serbs like to do this in Croatia. Italians disturbed Croatian TV signal in Istra, they try to steal Croatian fish from their water territory. Thay ask real estates back, even though they lost the war.:D Fascism was a evil ideology and Italy lost, how can you ask back your real estates when you supported fascism?
    BTW, communists killed Italians (foibe). Communists don't have nationality, Matteo said this way before. Croatia has problems like any other country, nothing special. Croatian children sometimes steal candies from the store, but Italian children always pay?

Prostitution in Italy:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Italy

Fratelli d'Italia have long tradition in prostitution, you have divided this in historic eras, like some scientific study. Matteo, you are becoming more and more funny. Clean your own backyard than help Croatia with your moral brush.

Torino-nightlife:

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Europe#Prostitution_in_Croatia

In Italy, prostitution itself is not illegal, but the law prohibits organized prostitution (brothels, prostitution rings or similar commercial enterprises and other forms of pimping). In 2008 the Government approved a law proposal by one of its ministry to forbid street prostitution but the proposal has never been converted into law so street prostitution is still legal in Italy and is very common. Italy is listed by the UNDOC as a top destination for victims of human trafficking.

Prostitution in Croatia is illegal, but like in many other Southeast European countries, the problem of human trafficking for the purposes of sex is big in Croatia. However, according the U.S. State Department, Croatia is a tier 1 country, actively working to prevent the sex trade.

14. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    We don't need Molise or Abruzzi.:D You can have them.:)

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One time I went fishing with my Croatia friend. He was a good lad. It was a very nice day, very hot. I caught a nice big red snapper. My croatia friend was very happy for me. But then, like 5 minutes after that my friend who was croatian caught a bigger fish then me! It was huge! I can no deny the experience level of his fishing. This prooved to me that the Croat is better than everybody. That night we had a good meal with all the fish we catch

16. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    This is a normal event. I can't tell for sure is this post another provocation (catching fish with Croatian person):) or not, but Croats aren't violent people. We share many things in common: connection with family, heritage, similar cuisine, similar lifestyle. Philosophy of fiacca is also popular in Croatia. I don't know why Matteo sends posts with provocations, he blames Croats for something that they didn't do.

Foibe massacre was made of communists, who declared themselves as Yugoslavs. Croats voted (98, 99%) for independent Croatia in 1990. His posts are without any firm ground. Obviously he thinks that Italy is a promised land, without any problems, but he is an expert in Croatian issues. So immature filled with lack of information and proofs. He puts here pictures of Romani people. If they came from Croatia, this doesn't mean that they are Croats, they are nomads, Croatia was just their transition country, nothing else. Everyone in Croatia knows that Romani people came from Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Albania and that they came in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Slovenia.

These countries have a lot problems with Romani people, that's why they travel in other countries. They are not popular in Croatia also, but at least Croats aren't violent against them, but Croats don't like them, that's their common opinion, because they won't work, they steal, have problems with education, when they became accepted in Croatian schools, they made problems, because they don't have family education, about good and normal behavior, they just yell and fight with each other.

There is a tradition, that Romani people go in Italy, so that they can sell cheap clothes on the streets, in Croatia these sales are becoming rare, because they don't have license for this.

Also Italy has a large discrimination, as any European country, including Croatia, who all have problems with accepting foreign people. This became normal in every European country. I don't know any European country that is perfect.

On Italian TV shows you can see shows with women called "la velina". These women need to do what ever TV host said. Hosts have like 60, 70 years and these girls have like 19, 20. They say to them: "Go in the shower cabine!", when they enter there host plugs water and they became all wet in clothes. I heard the command also: "Bark like a dog.":D Maybe this is funny, but this is a problem, everyone can say on TV: "Women should peal potatoes".

These sentences can pass without any social consequences, they become more popular.

Italy has also problems in traffic, many traffic jams in Milano.:eek: You have large influence of religion, this is probably not good for other religious groups.:D

I watch Italian football and I see that people don't accept foreign players. Even Camoranesi, who has Italian heritage, had some questions: "Do you know Italian national anthem?"

Rodrigo Taddei waits invitation in Italian team, also with Italian heritage.

Fabio Liverani, Ousmane Dabo had problems when they wanted to play in Lazio. Amauri, Balotelli have problems. In Croatian football situation is similar, we all calculate percent of their Croatian heritage.:D But Matteo has critics only against Croats.

His declaration: "Croats or Serbs should not exist" is a serious declaration.

From my angle: Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Malta, Corsica should not also exist, because they are all Italians. But I understand if they feel that there is a difference between them. It's OK if they proudly say, that they are Maltese, or Corsican, because I nurture democratic point of view and I accept their independence.

BTW, San Marino was founded of Croatian person called Marin back in 3. September 301. year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino

"San Marino is the oldest surviving sovereign state and constitutional republic in the world, as the continuation of the monastic community founded on 3 September 301, by stonecutter Marinus of Rab. Legend has it that Marinus left Rab, then the Roman colony of Arba, in 257 when the future emperor, Diocletian, issued a decree calling for the reconstruction of the city walls of Rimini, which had been destroyed by Liburnian pirates."

Rab is a Croatian island, that still exists. This is crucial proof against Matteo, that Croats live in today's Croatia more than 1300 years. We are one of the oldest nations in Europe. Croatian person formed the oldest sovereign state, crucial proof that Croats belong to Europe and Europe belongs to Croats.

Matteo can wave with Yugoslav flags here, worship Josip Broz Tito. Graveyard of Tito is in Belgrade, Serbia. Croats never asked his body or bones from Serbia. You can blame him and communist movement for massacres against Italians, Croats, Germans, etc. Communist movement is a movement for Yugoslavia, they are not Croats, Serbs or any other nation, they don't belong to any nation, don't have any feelings for Croatia.

Many of them still cry in their caves and curse the day of independent Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia and Kosovo. These people have like 80 years. Communist legacy is dying, nobody wants to deal with these funny ideas. On reunions you can find maybe 30, 40 old people who took their grandsons, granddaughters by force. How can child that has 6,7 years decide about communism reunion?:D

Matteo can worship what ever he likes, but he can't write provocations and pull fragments, for example this friendly match between Italy and Croatia in Livorno.

FIGC invited us in a communist environment. Many Croatian fans lost members of their ancestors before 70 years and you can't wave with Yugoslav or Soviet Union flags in front of their eyes, that's why they just answered to this provocation. BTW, this was a friendly match, ordinary introduction in new season, but Livorno citizens thought that this is a battle for life or death.

Footballer Cristiano Lucarelli is a symbol of communism in Italian football, ex player of A. S. Livorno Calcio. He has many incidents in Italy.

"Lucarelli's passion for his home club often resulted in many questionable incidents. The May 2005 issue of Calcio Italia magazine reported that he had paid for a bus that brought a cadre of traveling Livorno fans back to the city after they had been arrested for rioting. He has the A.S. Livorno logo tattooed on his left forearm, and his jersey number, 99, was an homage to left-wing ultras group Brigate Autonome Livornesi, which was founded in 1999.
    He was also of an increasingly rare breed of Italian footballer who openly brought his politics onto the pitch; his goal celebration consisted of a dual clenched-fist salute, a gesture made famous by the Communist party. He has openly admitted that he, like most of Livorno's fanbase, is a supporter of communism. One of his cell phone ringtones was Bandiera Rossa, and he once gregariously declared, “We Livorno get no favors from the referees because we are Communists!” but later retracted this statement.
    He is a staunch admirer of Che Guevara, whose face is frequently displayed on Livorno fans' banners and T-shirts during matches. This first came to the fore in 1997, when, after scoring for Italy's Under-21 side, he celebrated by pulling his jersey over his face to reveal a shirt bearing the revolutionary's image. Despite his insisting that it was not a political gesture, he was consequently blackballed from the national team for several years until Marcello Lippi called him up as a starter for a friendly in 2005.
    Lucarelli met Guevara's daughter, Aleida Guevara, after the 2004–05 Serie A season; one subject of discussion was the possibility of Livorno travelling to Cuba to play a charity match, but it never came to fruition."

I don't see nothing interesting or positive in his statements, but they are rare, like this quote said. Majority of Italians are normal people that do their usual obligations and don't have these types of ideas.

But I don't have nothing against these fans, or against Lazio, Ascoli fans, because I am a democratic person. They all have their values and they all know why do they support, but I am against the violence against people who think opposite. Fans and citizens of Livorno demonstrated how they are good in provocations, Italy could invite us in Palermo, Napoli, Atalanta, Milano, Torino, any other city, but Livorno?:D I consider that the atmosphere in southern Italy is excellent, especially in Palermo, Napoli, Catania, Reggina, but Livorno fans did some very bad things. Every Croat remembers this match because of Livorno fans, we don't remember the match, we don't know who scored. We only know the result of 0-2 for Croatia. Livorno fans just motivated Croatian players. They helped us and not to Italy. For your good result you shouldn't invite teams like Croatia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina in Livorno. Because you will motivate them.:) These countries suffered a lot under communism.

Croatian fans are patriotic people, like any other national team fan. Croats appreciate other national teams and their fans, but these statements of Matteo are becoming funny, because communist movement in Italy has maybe several members.:D

I wonder how would Matteo react if I would put fascist pictures, songs, motto's on his threads?:) His family probably had problems with fascism, but he should consider that many people had problems with communism.:) But I won't put anything that disturbs Matteo, because I am democratic and I respect Matteo's values even though we don't have similar point of view. Matteo should orient to dialogue, not to provocations, because other side has also plenty materials for provocations.:)

17. Triton

Triton Member

Apr 27, 2009
    You really need some help.

18. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    There are many European countries that have some similarities and they are all individual countries, but Matteo thinks that Croats and Serbs are on nation.

Yugoslavia existed since 1918.-1941. and 1945.-1990. What can Matteo say about the time before XX. century? He doesn't know what happened before. Croatia always existed since VII. century.

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Faroe Islands are also similar, but they exist.
    Finland and Estonia are similar, but they exist.
    England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland are similar, but they exist.
    Spain, Portugal and Andorra are similar, but they exist.
    Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Luxembourg, Dutch part of Belgium, German part of Switzerland and Liechtenstein are similar, but they exist.
    Italy, Malta, San Marino, Corsica, Vatican, Italian part of Switzerland are similar, but they exist.
    Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland are similar, but they exist.
    Russia, Belarus, Ukraine are similar but they exist.
    Greece and Southern Cyprus are similar, but they exist.
    Turkey and Northern Cyprus are similar, but they exist.
    Bulgaria and Macedonia are similar but they exist.
    Romania and Moldova are similar, but they exist.

These countries are more similar than Croats, Slovenes, Serbs, Macedonians, Montenegrin, Kosovo and Bosnia and Herzegovina people.

For example Croats don't understand Serbian, Macedonian and Montenegrin letter. I see here big obstacle.

Croats don't understand Macedonian and Kosovo verbal language.

Croats don't know how to practice Islam and Orthodox religion.

Croats don't understand Slovene language so great.

Bosnia and Herzegovina is "little Yugoslavia" now. And nobody can see any progress. Serbs founded state in the state: Republika Srpska, who isn't recognized in the world, UN doesn't accept Republika Srpska, they have national leagues in different sports, but they can't participate as national team. Unofficial capital of Republika Srpska is Banja Luka. Serbs kicked Croats and Muslims from this territory.

Republika Srpska: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republika_Srpska

Blue territory is Republika Srpska:

[​IMG]

Weird form, don't you think? They tried to conquer whole Bosnia and Herzegovina and move to the Croatia, they wanted to create Great Serbia.

In the name Republika Srpska, the first word means republic. The second word is a nominalized adjective derived by adding the suffix -ska to srb-, the root of the noun Srbin, meaning Serb.

The Socialist Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina was formerly one of Yugoslavia's six federal units, defined in its constitution as a state of equal citizens, Muslims, Serbs, Croats and others.

Equal? I don't see here in Bosnia and Herzegovina Republika Hrvatska (Republic of Croatia).

Founders of Republika Srpska are now in Hague, they have trials because of their war crimes and yet this Republika Srpska still exists. But they are not accepted anywhere.

Other part of Bosnia and Herzegovina is: Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

Croats don't even have their name here. They live in West Herzegovina and parts of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Bosnia and Herzegovina has three nations, but only two entities.

The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina is primarily inhabited by Bosniaks and Bosnian Croats, which is why it is informally referred to as the Bosniak-Croat Federation (with the Bosnian Serbs as the third constituency of the entity).

The Federation was created by the Washington accords signed on 18 March 1994, which established a constituent assembly that continued its work until October 1996. The Federation now has its own capital, government, president, parliament, customs and police departments, postal system (in fact, two of them), and airline (BH Airlines). It used to have its own army, the Army of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, though along with the Army of the Republika Srpska it was fully integrated into Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina, controlled by the Ministry of Defence of Bosnia and Herzegovina, on 6 June 2006.

Croatian people have only two cantons in which they are almost 100% majority: West Herzegovina Canton and Herzegovina-Neretva Canton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Herzegovina_Canton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzegovina-Neretva_Canton

Also Croats live in Central Bosnia Canton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bosnia_Canton

Bosnia and Herzegovina has cantons like Switzerland.:D
    Only they need form human rights, economy, religious freedom, democracy, education like Switzerland.:p Small step for Bosnia and Herzegovina, big step for Balkan.:D

Croats live in Posavina Canton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posavina_Canton
    Their coat of arms sounds familiar?

Sarajevo Canton has only 6% of Croats, this is Muslim capital.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarajevo_Canton

Croats have Siroki Brijeg and West Mostar as their capital cities. West Herzegovina and Mostar Canton are the richest regions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, because nobody bothers Croats here. Cantons where Serbs and Muslims rule are mostly poor cantons without any perspcetive.

Matteo probably had bad evaluations in history, because Croatia existed before Yugoslavia. Older aspirations have deeper significance. New countries like Yugoslavia don't bring new quality, so we all must go in the past and search the better solutions, Croatia is one of these extraordinary solutions.

For example Croatian city of Dubrovnik has registration plates that starts with DU, after DU you can see numbers, after numbers you can often see the letters CE who are picked of vehicle owners. This is what Croats of Dubrovnik think about Yugoslavia, Montenegro and Serbia.

Matteo never comments that Serbs and Montenegrin people invaded in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina so that they can destroy cities and people. He chooses only fragments, usually false fragments.

19. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's really too easy

20. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dr. Robin Harris – Croatia since Communism: Values, Structures, Prospects

http://www.thomasmoreinstitute.org.uk/node/256

Croatia is a small country with a more than usually complicated past and, for non-Slavs, a more than usually complicated language. Croatia is beautiful. It is varied. It is the ideal spot for a holiday. But we must keep things in proportion. Taken against the backcloth of crises shaking the world – nuclear proliferation, collapsing currencies, Islamist terror, let alone all the largely invented horrors with which we like to frighten ourselves – Croatia must appear of small significance. The world will not explode if Croatia implodes. European culture will not be irreparably ruined. International commerce will continue. And, probably, only a minor war or two will break out. So why should we be interested in Croatia at all?

I hope by the end of this talk to have provided a convincing explanation. But my starting point is strictly personal. Croatia matters to me – and it matters a lot. I never visited the old Yugoslavia. I didn’t want to. I wouldn’t visit communist countries, because I disliked communism. (I still do). It was also inconvenient, in those Cold War days, if you were a senior government adviser, as I was, to go behind even a rusty section of the Iron Curtain. So, when in 1991 I focused on a crisis that would lead to years of war in the region, it was with a lamentable lack of knowledge, which I felt I must rapidly rectify – as indeed I did. I had, though, my instincts and thankfully – not least for the Croats – those instincts were shared by Margaret Thatcher, for whom I had worked in Downing Street, and for whom I was still working once she and I were thrown out of it.

The basic issues in Yugoslavia were quite obvious. It was clear that there was an aggressor and there were victims. It was clear that this aggressor had easily identified ideological motives – a mixture of ethnic fascism and revanchist communism. And it was perfectly clear that the West had every intention of standing by and letting it continue, indeed in the case of Britain hoping it would be quickly successful. I felt, as others felt, that this attitude was wrong. So we started a campaign for the truth to be told and justice done. Ever since, I have been sensitive to Croatia’s interests and have tried to assist, however I could, Croatia’s success.

There are though other, different, reasons why Croatia should be of interest to people who don’t happen to share my eccentrically English dislike of seeing underdogs crushed. I began today, tongue in cheek, by rather minimising Croatia’s importance in the absolute scheme of things. But Croatia is, in fact, of more importance than it might appear.

First of all, it is like us. This shouldn’t matter but it does. We may try to behave as well towards people who share none of our characteristics as towards those who do. We may even occasionally succeed. But a sense of solidarity only comes naturally when we experience at some level a common identity. Croatia is profoundly and manifestly European. It is doubly European, in fact – being part both of Central and of Mediterranean Europe. In Zagreb, known for years by its German name of Agram, you could think yourself in Austria. In Split, known for centuries by its Italian name of Spalato, you could imagine yourself in Italy – and the Italians secretly think you are. (The Italians are wrong). Author said this, not Carmelino.:) But the senses testify to reality. Croatia offers two sets of equally authentic insights into European culture – and more authentic insights I would hazard than you would find on your travels in Britain.

Croatia, unlike its Balkan neighbours, had a Renaissance. Its great public buildings still breathe the Baroque – which the Muslims and Orthodox never knew. Style is a marker for substance. One can illustrate the wider point from the history of the Republic of Dubrovnik, or Ragusa, which I know best.

That small city state spent its most successful centuries under the suzerainty of the Ottoman Empire. It had to play its cards with great diplomatic aplomb, in order to survive at all. It sent regular tribute to Istanbul via its ambassadors, called poklisari. Its nobles, on occasion, even entertained Turkish dignitaries with light dance music, played for them on the Dubrovnik Cathedral organ. Dubrovnik knew, in fact, every means to steal the affections of an Oriental heart, including by way of the Oriental pocket.

But, for all that, Dubrovnik was as completely European as you can imagine. It was an exclusively and very self-consciously Catholic state, run along much the same lines as the city states of Italy. At the same time, its society represented a rich symbiosis of the Slavic and the Italian. Dubrovnik’s literature, like that of the rest of the Dalmatian coast, was written in Latin or Croatian by the same literary masters, with no special political hang-ups or agendas about which idiom they employed. Its great families had equally authentic Italian and Slavic names.

Croatia is not just European. It is Western in its orientation. And it is, very importantly, at a crossroads, within the maze that is South East Europe. Yugoslavia notoriously straddled not only different nationalities but also different religions and cultures. Above all, it straddled the dividing line between West and East. Crudely put, Croatia (along with Slovenia) is West. Bosnia and Serbia (along with Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo) is East. Let me say at once that all are, in their different way, European, but the ways are very different indeed. The outlooks are different, the tensions are historically rooted, the fault-lines are real and always likely to split up beneath the unwary statesman’s feet.

Croatia is almost completely Catholic, and Slovenia now only a bit less so. Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia are mainly Orthodox (though Macedonia has a large Albanian minority, which is largely Muslim). Bosnia – or rather the bit which is not edging towards de facto independence or union with Serbia, the Republika Srpska – is principally Muslim, with Catholic Croats a declining minority. Kosovo is largely Muslim and ethnically Albanian, though some Kosovars are Christian. There is also a Serb enclave, which is the main flashpoint.

History and Geography:

Croatia is strategically of importance in all this. Geographically, it is shaped like a kind of boomerang. It has a 2000 kilometre frontier and it abuts five other countries.

Croatia has different historic attitudes towards each of its main neighbours. With Slovenia it has a distant, competitive-cum-cooperative relationship. Slovenia is much smaller but richer, and in the EU. The Slovenes are perhaps rather jealous that Croatia has gained so much of the Adriatic, and this accounts for the bitterness with which the two countries dispute their frontier in the Bay of Piran. Slovenia until recently blocked Croatia’s entry to the EU, pending getting its way on this point, but a compromise seems on the way to being reached – though not yet. This isn’t in fact a very important squabble. The two countries have a lot in common – they were both for centuries under the Habsburgs, and it shows.

Neighbors.:D But Croats can deal with them. They are civilized people.

Croatia’s relations with the Muslim and Orthodox worlds are of much more significance – not least to the rest of Europe. In the case of Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia has sometimes played the part of elder brother, sometimes that of predator. Under the Fascist puppet state known as the Independent State of Croatia (Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska, or NDH) the two were united. Both, now as separate entities, then suffered from Serbian dominance, though the Bosnian Muslims played the Yugoslav system quite effectively. When Yugoslavia bloodily collapsed in 1991, in reaction to a constitutional coup against federal institutions mounted by Slobodan Milosevic, Bosnia was in the weakest position. It became the battle ground for the war of Yugoslav succession and the scene of horrible genocide.

In these circumstances, President Tudjman of Croatia – to whom I’ll return – discussed a deal with Milosevic to divide up Bosnia. Some of the ex-patriates around him were also by origin from West Hercegovina – the ethnically Croat heartland of Bosnia – and hoped to pull it out of the wreckage into Croatia’s orbit. In fact, the result was a nasty civil war between Muslims (or Bosniaks as they are now usually called) and the Croats, which the latter lost.

Bosniaks is their new name. Bosniak is a medieval resident of Bosnia, Croatian name.

Nowdays, in the post-Tudjman era, Croatia is very wary of having any engagement with Bosnia at all. But the geopolitical realities can’t be denied. Because Croatia is much wealthier and stronger than its Bosnian neighbour, and because there is a community of Croats living there, Croatia’s prospects and policies will largely determine whether Bosnia flourishes or fails.

At the moment Bosnia is failing. In 1995 the Dayton Accords ended the war there but provided a highly unsatisfactory framework for peace. The result is a deeply dysfunctional state with no obvious avenue to reform or stability. The Serbian leadership summoned – and forced – the Serb minority to leave Sarajevo, and has established a more or less ethnically pure Serb para-state, the Republika Srpska, which covers just under half of Bosnia’s territory. Only a few non-Serb refugees have been allowed to return.

Serbian "democracy".

The Bosniak-Croat Federation controls the rest of the country. Federal institutions are weak and frequently paralysed. The country relies on foreign aid and remittances from young workers overseas. Of most concern to the West should be the steady trend towards Federation, Bosnia becoming a wholly Muslim state. Although reports of Bosnia’s descent into Islamism are exaggerated – often maliciously so – the threat is real, as poverty and corruption continue and Saudi money and Wahhabi influence grow. The West has a strong interest in not letting matters deteriorate further.

Desire of Muslims is to create 100% of Muslim country, except this part of Republika Srpska. But Muslims are "forgetting" that Croats also live with them.

Relations between Croatia and Serbia are the historic key to the temporary successes and radical failures of Yugoslavia and in the long term will be decisive in the region. They are historically bad, and it is unrealistic to think that they will for the forseeable future be anything better than suspiciously polite. Within the First Yugoslavia the Serbs, in a relative though not absolute majority, but crucially with a Serbian dynasty on the throne, quickly obtained dominance and exploited it to the full. The same national tensions, resentments and tendencies then resurfaced in the Second Yugoslavia under Communism and Tito. Tito was a Croat. But in the early years it suited him and the Communist Party to turn their attention to suppressing Croatian national consciousness and persecuting the Catholic Church.Above all, Tito and the Party put on trial the Archbishop of Zagreb, Alojzije Stepinac, who had in fact denounced the Ustasha atrocities. Stepinac was sentenced on trumped up charges to hard labour and imprisonment. He died in 1960 under house arrest in the place of his birth, the parish of Krasic, south of Zagreb, the victim of ill treatment by the communists. (He was beatified by John Paul II in 1998.)

By the time of Stepinac’s death, the persecution of the Church had eased – it’s worth noting, though, that some 500 priests and religious were killed in the course of it. In 1948 Tito had broken with Stalin and sought to move Yugoslavia towards the West. This involved a degree of internal reform and a complicated balancing act between Yugoslavia’s constituent peoples, in particular between the main two, the Serbs and the Croats. In the early 1970s a movement called 'The Croatian Spring', which had begun with linguistic and cultural issues but then extended into the more dangerous territory of national and political freedom, got under way. Initially, Tito had been happy to see influence drain from the Serbs, who had gained a grip on the security apparatus. But he then started to worry that his own power was in danger. There was a sharp crackdown. The Croatian liberal Communist leadership was purged and many dissidents arrested. Some constitutional changes towards federalism were, though, accepted. The notion of 'sovereign republics' was incorporated into the new 1974 constitution. When Yugoslavia broke up, in the early 1990s, it was under this constitution.

A few further words about that break up and the wars which accompanied it. Impatience in the two wealthier, Western republics of Croatia and Slovenia grew at Serb behaviour, and in particular state-organised peculation by Belgrade at their expense. In Slovenia, this national movement was mainly based on students and took place within the Slovene Communist Party. In Croatia, it took the form of a new movement, called the Croatian Democratic Union (Hrvatska Demokratska Zajednica – HDZ), led by a former Communist General and historian, Franjo Tudjman. To the astonishment of the communists, the HDZ won the first free elections in 1990, gaining an overwhelming majority as a result of the first-past-the-post system the communists installed to keep themselves in power. Slovenia and Croatia seceded from Yugoslavia the following year.

Croats left Yugoslavia because they were unhappy there, majority voted for Croatian independence.

The Serb minority in Croatia, encouraged and armed by Belgrade, then rebelled. The Yugoslav Army – now Serb-controlled – intervened. Ostensibly, this was to stop the fighting. In fact, it was to ensure that Croatia lost control of the areas which Belgrade intended to carve out as part of Greater Serbia. Croatia gained international recognition in 1992, but only after a hugely destructive and bloody war. By the time a stalemate was reached, about a third of the country was under occupation. The Serbs did not manage to break Croatia’s boomerang shape by getting to the Adriatic. But the link with Southern Dalmatia was weakened and tourist revenue was reduced to a trickle.

Serbs took everything and attacked Croatia so that the ycan create Great Serbia, they didn't want to protect Yugoslavia, because Yugoslavia was Great Serbia - Serbian dominance during Yugoslavia.:)

Meanwhile, Belgrade had started since 1992 on the systematic destruction of Sarajevo, ethnic cleansing, and genocide. Finally, Croatia, the Bosnian Croats, and the Bosniaks, with American support and NATO air strikes, defeated the Serbs in a whirlwind campaign, known as Operation Storm in 1995. The large Serb community living in the so-called Krajina area of Croatia departed en masse – partly in fear of returning Croatians, largely at bidding of the Serb leadership.;)

Croatia Today:

Croatia today has a population of about 4.5 million, which is slowly declining and ageing – a common problem, but a very serious one for small nations. It has quite a large diaspora, concentrated in next door Bosnia-Hercegovina, but also strongly represented in the United States, Canada, Australia and, of course, Central Europe. The country is fairly urbanised: 57 per cent live in towns. Life expectation is good: 72 for men and 79 for women. Health and education provision is better than might be expected. Literacy is high. The Croats, to the extent one can generalise, are practical, entrepreneurial, good at design, construction and engineering, and very good at sport. Croatia is nowadays very ethnically homogeneous. Those Serbs who were not living in the big cities largely moved out during the war of the 1990s, and not many have returned. So 90 per cent of Croatian citizens are ethnically Croat (and Catholic), though there are also flourishing Croatian Jewish and Muslim communities.

Although the Croatian political class often seems often over-awed and out of its depth when confronted by the outside world, I should not say this of the population as a whole. If I were to suggest that Croats are not, by and large, over-modest, I imagine they would reply, and perhaps with reason, that they had nothing to be modest about. Croats are proud of their culture and conscious of their centuries-long struggles for survival against various more powerful enemies. People who think like that are resilient.

The biggest trouble is that the historical foundations have been overlaid with a thick layer of poisonous detritus from communism.

An expatriate Russian intellectual once described what he called, ironically, the 'Seven Pillars of Communism'. You will not find them in the writings of Karl Marx, but here they are all the same – as told me by a Croat:

1. Everyone is busy, but nobody works.
    2. Nobody works, but the Plans are fulfilled.
    3. All the Plans are fulfilled, but there is a shortage of everything.
    4. There is a shortage of everything, but everyone is provided for.
    5. Everyone is provided for, but nobody is happy.
    6. Nobody is happy, but every one supports the Party.
    7. Everyone supports the Party, but everyone works against it.

In communism everything is clear.:D

The most striking feature of that system is not its inefficiency, or even its hypocrisy, but its sheer unreality. Everything is an illusion. It is primarily a description of the Soviet Union, not of Yugoslavia. But the Yugoslav system provided its own variants, and the legacy remains.

The war that accompanied Yugoslavia’s demise didn’t help either. In a war, you have to see that everyone is provided for, you need solidarity more than individuality, you seek political, social and economic consensus. These are not, though, favourable conditions for personal initiative and entrepreneurship.

Once Croatia had won its war, it was pressured to make economic reforms. At first it lacked the structures and expertise to do so. There was then a banking crisis. And there was, and still is, the problem of corruption – about which outside agencies loudly complain, and which fills with shock-horror headlines the pages of the Croatian press.

Corruption and its Causes: link

The European Union: link

Education: link

http://www.thomasmoreinstitute.org.uk/node/256

Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina go in Croatian Catholic schools, because Muslims have terrible education.:D

This policy of cultural and spiritual revival through education is, arguably, even more important for the Catholic Church in Bosnia. It is the best way to give confidence to the Catholic Croat minority while opening up advantages to non-Catholics. The Church in Bosnia has, in fact, been founding primary, secondary and technical schools since the 1990s. The most famous one, St. Joseph’s in Sarajevo, is very popular and attended by many Muslim children. In strengthening links between Western Christianity and European Islam, this may be potentially more valuable than any amount of dialogue and declarations.

Croatia has, traditionally, as I’ve said a deep consciousness of being in danger, living on the edge. During the centuries, it served, in the historic expression, as Antemurale Christianitatis – the bastion of Christendom – and it suffered the price. In his Trublja slovinska (Slav Trumpet) the seventeenth century Ragusan poet, Vladislav Menčetić, proclaims:

Italy would have long since
    Sunk beneath the waves,
    Had Croatian shores
    Not broken the force of the Ottoman sea.

The trouble is that such preoccupation can lead to a defensive mentality, and to taking refuge in excuses. In general, I want Croatia exactly as it is – but this I would like to change.

This article explains how communism was bad for Croats and today still is. The article is new, has academic background and it hasn't been made in Croatia. Author is foreign person who really tried to understand Croatian situation. In my posts I said similar things, this means that I am objective person.:)

21. Triton

Triton Member

Apr 27, 2009
    The part on the ''BiH division'' is a myth and certainly one of the most retarded statements ever.

Unfortunately, many naive people without much knowledge believe such thing, launched in public by those malicious individuals/countries who want to equate the blame for the war and say that ''Croatia and Serbia are equally guilty in causing the war''.

22. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Serbs wanted to destroy pure Croatian territories since the beginning of Kingdom Yugoslavia. That's why Croatia has Serbs in regions: Slavonia, Lika and Dalmatian parts. Their goal was to protect Serbian Fatherland in case of any possible Croatian desire for independence. I proved here with maps that Bosnia and Herzegovina are Croatian historic regions, because Serbs came from Greece and Muslims are medieval consequence of Ottoman Empire occupation. Muslims are Croats or Serbs, but they won't accept this, so they have created recent Bosniak nationality. They don't know that Bosniak means Croatian resident of medieval Bosnia. They accepted Islam because they were forced to do this or they wanted to satisfy their own political and business interests - artificial nation.

Muslims from Bosnia took lilies from French coat of arms system, they took Croatian language and letter, they took Croatian system of their surnames, EU gave them a flag, they didn't knew what are their colors and symbols, they took Mark as their money currency (like Germany) and at the end their national anthem doesn't have lyrics. Many proofs of their artificial nature.

Common Croatian surname is Bosnjak.

"The Bosniaks or Bosniacs (Bosnian: Bošnjak, pl: Bošnjaci, pronounced [bɔːˈʃɲaːtsi]) are a South Slavic ethnic group, living mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with a smaller minority also present in other lands of the Balkan Peninsula especially in Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia. Bosniaks are typically characterized by their tie to the Bosnian historical region, traditional adherence to Islam since the 15th and 16th centuries, and common culture and language."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosniaks

Turkish people don't belong to Slavic group. But "Bosniaks - Muslims" belong, because of their Slavic heritage before their conversion on Islam.

"The earliest Bosnian "name" was the historical term "Bošnjanin" (Latin: Bosniensis), which signified the inhabitants of the medieval Bosnian kingdom. By the early days of Ottoman rule, the word had been replaced by "Bosniak" (Bošnjak). The Bosniaks derive their ethnic name from Bosnia and the Bosna river, which has been proposed to have an Illyrian origin - Bosona."

Muslims stole Croatian-Bosnian king Tvrtko as their own king, so that they can once say: "We were royal country".:D His mother was Jelena Subic from Croatian noble family Subic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tvrtko_I_of_Bosnia

But I don't know his father: Vladislav Kotromanic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_Kotromanić

Is he Serbian?

It's interesting how enemies of independent state of Croatia give negative rates on Croatian themes.:) They can't destroy Croatia in the war, but they will press 1 as their rate. Very pathetic.:) Every new thread on Croatian thread got negative rates. They can't stand us.

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have another one good story about my Croatia friend. One time in the late 90's I was backpacking threw Europe with him the Croatian and several other friends. We had stopped in Split where he was friends with former K-1 kickboxing champion Branko Cikatic. We deicded to spend the day and train with world class kickboxing. I had a chat with Branko and I told him that I was Italian. For some reasons I could not undertsand Branko was very upset. He started to speak in another language (i think croatian) and then he gave me gloves and told me he would give me proper striking lesson inside the ring. I got inside the ring and Branko told his friend to make the sound (bell). Branko then gave me a kick in the balls and knee'd me in the face. After that he gave me a kick in the head and knocked me out. Apparently my croatia friend told me he continued to hit me even after I was KO.

When I woke up 1 hour later, Branko said sorry and that I have to improve my striking defence. We made peace and tat night he bought me a beer at the pub. I will never forget his croatian power.

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhxs2VfgDto"]94 K-1 Branko Cikatic vs Ernesto Hoost - YouTube[/ame]

24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is other world class kickbockser Mirko Filipovic CROCOP. He was very successful in Pride FC and K-1. BUt he should retire now as he is very old

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0Gucw1qK0"]Cro Cop - Best Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

25. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Branko Cikatic hit you?:confused: No way.:) Professional fighters don't hit non-professional people, especially not in the ring. If he really hit you, why did you entered in ring against him?:eek: For example I wouldn't enter in the ring against Italian Antonio Brancalion.:D Did Croatian tennis player Goran Ivanisevic hit you with the racket in Wimbledon?:) He had a ruff nature on tournaments.

Branko Cikatic probably didn't knew Italian. He talked Croatian probably. Fighters are always upset, nothing strange with this. Mirko Filipovic is doing his last fights probably, but if you have seen his fights, you could always see that he was fair. When his opponent finishes on the ground he would always wait that his opponent stands up, even though he didn't have to do this, because of Ultimate Fight rules.

Branko Cikatic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branko_Cikatić

Mirko Filipovic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirko_Filipović

Stefan Leko: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Leko

Zeljko Mavrovic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Željko_Mavrović

Stipe Drvis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stipe_Drews

These guys are professional fighters, do not enter in ring against professional fighters. It's better that you catch fish instead.:p