Croatian players in leagues around the world

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by bridgeviewturd, Dec 2, 2005.

1. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Croatian youngster Husinec on trial at Spurs

[​IMG]
    Croatian youngster Eduard Husinec, has earned a trial deal with Premiership side Tottenham Hotspur. Harry Redknapp himself as well as team scouts were on hand to watch him train at the Chigwell headquarters.

Husinec, a towering 18-year-old with physical attributes beyond his years, has previously trained with La Liga giants Real Madrid, and would be signed as a prospect for the future rather than immediate cover for the first team in all likelihood.

Husinec started his career playing at Croatian club NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac, but is looking for a switch to one of the major European leagues. Standing at 6ft 2in, Husinec possesses the physical capabilities to prove a success under the robust style of English football, but Redknapp has offered him a contract seemingly to test his technical credentials.

Operating primarily as a central defender, the youngster would be highly unlikely to feature in Redknapp’s first team plans any time soon, provided he is offered a permanent deal, given the glut of defensive options available at White Hart Lane.

2. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    West Ham make €8 million offer Jelavic

[​IMG]
    British newspaper The Sun has reported that West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has launched a €8 million assault for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

After admitting defeat in his attempt to sign Scotland’s Jordan Rhodes, Allardyce is understood to be keen on bringing the Croatian hitman to the Hammers as he tries to boost their promotion hopes.

While the valuation is lower than the approximately €9 million offer from Leicester which Rangers rejected in August, it could well spark a bidding game for the talented striker who seems to be on his way our from the Scottish club sonner or later.

3. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Stipe Pletikosa not leaving Rostov for AS Monaco

[​IMG]FC Rostov head coach, Sergei Balakhnin, has denied the reports linking his first team goalkeeper, Stipe Pletikosa, with the French Ligue 2 side, AS Monaco.

The Croatian goalkeeper from Spartak Moscow, on a two-year contract, during the last transfer window. Pletikosa spent a season-long loan spell with Tottenham Hotspur before joining the Russian outfit. But an unfortunate knee injury in his debut English Premier League campaign coupled with lack of first team football had forced the Croatian national to make a move back to the Russian Premier League.

“I had some offers from Italy, Greece, and Scotland, but I decided to choose a place where I can play at least. It’s the most important thing for me, especially as the Euro 2012 is near.” The former Hajduk Split player was quoted as saying.

It is now reported that Monaco have stepped up their pursuit to sign the 33-year-old from Rostov. However, Pletikosa’s agent, Marko Naletilic, has denied that his client will be leaving FC Rostov any time soon.

Balakhnin revealed that the Croatian goalkeeper has a bright future with the Russian outfit and tipped him to focus on his fitness.

4. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Nikica Jelavic movingto Liverpool says the father

[​IMG]
    Nikica Jelavic's father has refueled talks of his son moving to English giants Liverpool. He has confirmed there is substantial interest in his son, but claimed he is more likely to join the Reds than clubs such as Queens Park Rangers or West Ham.

The Croatian striker has been a stand out performer for Rangers in the SPL hitting an impressive 17 goals in 28 games so far this season.

Speaking to British newpaper The Sun, Philip Jelavic confirmed that Liverpool were one of several clubs tracking the 26-year-old but his son has greater ambitions than to play for clubs such as QPR or Championship side West Ham, and that he’s “most likely” to move to Liverpool.

“We know about the interest of West Ham and QPR,” Jelavic senior said in The Sun.

“But Nikica has five or six clubs that are interested, including that of the great Liverpool. As for West Ham and QPR, Nikica is more ambitious than that. It’s most likely that he’ll sign for Liverpool."

“But there are a few days until the end of the window, so we’ll see” he concluded, signaling that not all is said and done and the Jelavic saga might continue a bit longer.

5. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Budan scores for Palermo in win against Genoa

[​IMG]
    Croatian striker Igor Budan got the scoring started for Palermo in an 8 goal thriller where the Sicilian side won 5-3 against Genoa.

It was the visitors who went up first with a Palacio strike, but Budan tied it on the 26th minute. Slovenian Josip Ilicic assisted for Silvestre as Palermo went ahead and then they made it 3-1 before the end of the first half.

palacio scored again, this time from the penalty spot, to make it 3-2, but Budan got the assist as Miccoli reinstated the two goal lead for the home side.

Migliaccio made it 5-2 in the 84th minute and Serbian striker Bosko Jankovic scored the last goal of the match to give Genoa a respectable scoreline.

6. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Lyon enter chase for unwanted Spurs defender Corluka

[​IMG]
    Lyon have joined the chase for Tottenham defender Verdan Corluka. The Croatian is also wanted on loan by Serie A side Roma after falling out of favor at White Hart Lane.

But now the French outfit want him to help their bid to secure Champions League football next season.

Corluka is not getting a look in at Spurs because Kyle Walker’s form has firmly established him as first choice.

He is desperate for games though to push his case for inclusion in Croatia’s squad for this summer’s Euros.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has to decide whether he is happy **weakening his squad at a time when the club are trying to seal a top-four slot in the Premier League, or keep an unhappy player at the club.

7. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Kuze denies match fixing with Albanian NT

[​IMG]
    Albania's ex-coaxh, Croatian Josip Kuze, has denied match fixing allegations. During investigations in Greece his name came up, claiming the 59 year old took part in betting related maneuvers during two friendlies, a 3-2 win against Montenegro and a 4-0 loss to Argentina.

Kuze, who currently is in charge at Tianjin Teda in the Chinese Super League said he's ready to face the accusations.

"I'm ready to come to Albania and also Greece to confront these allegations. I do not bet."

"I can not pay the Albanian players. I can not convince Montenegro to let us win a friendly match" he said regarding the 3-2 win against Montenegro on August 10th, 2011.

He also defended his tactics against Argentina on July 20th 2011 where Albania lost 4-0.

"Losing to Argentina 4-0 is not a tragedy. We had a mainly "B" side with a lot of young players. Argentina had just beat World Champions Spain two months ago. I was actually happy with the way we played, since other have even lost 8-0 to the Argentinians."

8. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Monaco sign Croatian keeper Subasic

[​IMG]
    Croatian goalkeeper Danijel Subasic will continue his career in the French Ligue 2 with AS Monaco. This was confirmed by Croatian media in a conversation with his manager Mark Naletilić.

"Monaco is a great club and soon they will be back in the French top flight, especially now that it's backed by a Russian billionaire. Subasic also was in talks with Schalke, but we wanted to make a move as soon as possible" said Naletilic.

According to preliminary information, Subašić signed a four-year contract, and Hajduk Split will get €700.000 for the transfer. Monaco is in a desperate 18th place in Ligue 2 and if it does not quickly improve, it risks a division lower.

Monaco will be the third club for the 27 year old Subasic. He played 81 matches with Zadar, and 95 for Hajduk Split. He also has three caps with the Croatian National Team.

"I wanted to move from Hajduk Split because i already have been there for over three years. Monaco is a great club with tradition and really does not deserve to be where it is right now. I will do my best to return with the club in the first division, "said Subasic.

9. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Everton attempt late push for Rangers' Jelavic

[​IMG]
    Everton are front runners to secure the signature of Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic. The rangers player has been in the center of transfer talks for during most of the month of January, with the likes of Liverpool and QPR also attempting to coop up the 26 year old.

Sky Sports reports that Everton manager David Moyes is eager to bring the Croatian international to his squad and is trying to speed up the proceedings before the Tuesday transfer deadline.

McCoist revealed before the weekend that he wanted to keep Jelavic at Ibrox, but later commented that the 4-0 victory over Hibs proved Rangers could cope without him. Jelavic didn't participate due to illness.

However, Everton are now in pole position to snap up Jelavic and are locked in talks with Rangers in the hope of finalizing an agreement before the window shuts. The ex Rapid Vienna and Hajduk Split player is eager to move to the English Premier League.

10. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Budan double lifts Palermo past Novara

Fabrizio Miccoli was the provider and Croatian striker Igor Budan headed both goals as Palermo got passed Novara.

The visitors started well and were the better side in the first half-hour, but Palermo gradually took charge and took the lead shortly before half-time.

Palermo slowly came into the game as an attacking force, though Slovenian Josip Ilicic shot wide and Andrea Mantovani got right underneath a headed attempt.

They went ahead in the 41st minute, though, when Miccoli crossed for Budan to head down and past the Albanian keeper Samir Ujkani.

Miccoli was at the centre of all Palermo's best attacks in the second half, though he was flagged offside before firing against the post early on.

Budan fired Miccoli's cross wide before the latter was sent through one-on-one with Ujkani. He shot against the upright, though, and the keeper had time to get back into position and save Ilicic's follow-up.

The second goal arrived in similar fashion for the 31 year old Croatian who headed into the bottom corner from a Miccoli cross.

11. davidianMH

davidianMH New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Hey guys!

I was wondering, if anybody here can give me informations about players in the croatian league. i seek advice regarding the defensive midfielders, besides hajduk and dinamo. So far i already heard about Kreilach and Begonja. Do you guys know something about their strenghts and weaknesses?

Who's the most impressing defensive midfielder in your opinion? (as is said, besides the big two).

hope to get a few replies, regards

davidian

I PINCH! repped this.
  12. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Jelavic promises goals to Everton

[​IMG]
    Everton's new striker Nikica Jelavic is confident he can make the step up from Scottish football to England's top flight.

The Croatia international made a deadline-day move from Rangers for a reported £5.5m and does not expect to have too many difficulties adapting to the Premier League.

Asked what he would bring to Everton he said: "Goals, goals and more goals. I know Everton have not scored much this season but I don't feel the pressure, I like a challenge.

"I will do my best to score many goals. I am always looking to be better every day and my ambitions are to play well and to be useful for the team and score as many goals as possible.

"I know it is a big difference but I think in Scotland you also have to be 100% and they also have tough games. Playing in Scotland helped me a lot and I think I am ready. The Premier League is something on a higher level and I hope it will be good for me. I don't think I will need time to settle."

Jelavic scored 36 times in only 55 appearances for Rangers, having been signed for £4m in the summer of 2010 from Rapid Vienna for whom he hit 40 goals in 93 games in three seasons in the Austrian league.

13. BalkansFella

BalkansFella New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Jelavic makes debut as Everton is held at Wigan

[​IMG]
    Bottom side Wigan went ahead thanks to a Neville own goal but were denied of a win by Anichebe who leveled the score with seven minutes left on the clock. They remian without a win since 10 December.

Everton were surely expecting to come out with the full three points from this encounter, but didn't really show much more than their opponents in the pitch. It was a dull game that livened up at the end when the deadlock was finally broken.

The biggest cheer of the day came when Everton's new £5.5m striker Nikica Jelavic came on for Stracqualursi. The Croatian was involved immediately as he cleverly stepped over a Tony Hibbert cross but Wigan cut the ball out before Marouane Fellaini could reach it.

Jelavic put in a good 30 minutes for the visitors, showing that the transition to the Premier League won't be a very difficult one.

14. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Jelavic scored for Everton. That's 2 goals in 3 starts for him. Mandzukic has found his form again scoring another goal. He has been excellent the last 2 weeks. Perisic also had a goal.

15. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Jelavic scores a nice game winning goal to lead Everton into the semis of the FA cup..Next up Liverpool..:) Spurs also advanced to the Semis..Luka was very good as he usually is..Great passes/vision totally dictated the midfield..

16. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Perisic scored and outstanding volley goal today..:cool:

17. Herzeg-Croat

Herzeg-Croat Red Card

Jan 16, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Borussia Dortmund - Stuttgart 4-4

Ivan Perisic (Dortmund) scorer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao19i6cZBUQ"]Borussia Dortmund - VFB Stuttgart (4:4) Alle Tore & Highlights - Dortmund-Stuttgart - 30/03/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Hertha Berlin - Wolfsburg 1-4

Mario Mandzukic (Wolfsburg) scorer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08vfa4rvwcQ"]Hertha - Wolfsburg 1-4 Alle Tore & Highlights 31.03.2012 - YouTube[/ame]

18. Gate11

Gate11 New Member

May 27, 2012
    Tel aviv, Israel.
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I dont know how much you guyz know about him but Roberto
    Punčec had a GREAT season in Maccabi Tel-Aviv, we had a really bad defense this year and he was the only good balanced player who saved our ass.
    he just turned 20 not long ago and he was playing with the U21 croatian team, hopefully his gonna get back to croatian national teams, his a very talented CB/DMC.

also i just sawJurica Buliat from Maccabi Haifa will play with the national team in the euros. it sound really strange to me since his not such a good CB, players were passing him like nothing. was kinda soft.

I PINCH! repped this.
  19. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Ye i have seen Buljat play in Croatia..He stinks but they have nobody else as Lovren is hurt..Thanks for the update on Puncec btw..Hopefully he continues to play well..We are very weak in central defense..

20. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    in an article it says that a korean international named Chung Woon will be invited to the Croatian national team. is there any validity in this?

21. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Raúl Mario Ruidíaz Misitich

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raúl_Ruidíaz

"Ruidíaz was named as a member of Peru's 23-man squad for the Copa América Centenario in 2016. In Peru's third group match against Brazil on 12 June 2016, Ruidíaz scored a controversial goal, a winner in the 75th minute that appeared to strike his arm. The goal put Peru up 1–0, and that result held, sending Peru through to the knockout stage as winners of Group B."

At the moment, he is well known just because of this controversial goal.:rolleyes:

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Thoughts on this Milic guy that we (Fiorentina) just got?

We'll probably start the season with More Croatian first team players than Italians. Badelj is, for me, our best player.

23. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    He is a product of a club called, NK Osijek. This club is not some major Croatian football center. Only few better or known players came from this club: Davor Suker, Danijel Pranjic, Domagoj Vida and Goran Vlaovic. They started or they have shaped their future in this club.

In one period, during the coach Igor Stimac, Croats considered that Hrvoje Milic will become the new Robert Jarni, since they have issues on that LB position, which lasts around 15 years. He played abroad, after that he came back in Croatia, now he is going again abroad, Fiorentina. It's not good sign in player returns back home, during his abroad episode.

Obviously, Fiorentina buys Croatian players easier at the moment. Probably, there is a person who opens the Fiorentina doors for Croatian players, so they come there.

Milan Badelj, Nikola Kalinic seem as better Croats in Fiorentina. Ante Rebic is not developing at all, on loan in Eintracht. His perspective was much higher, not sure what is wrong with him.

Hrvoje Milic is for sure reliable. Of course, he is not the new Roberto Carlos, Paolo Maldini.

About Ricardo Bagadur, I don't know about him.

I know that Slovene Josip Ilicic is a Croat from Bosnia.

I guess, Fiorentina has problems with defense (DF), better ones are Astori, Rodriguez, so they ask several experienced defenders.

Hajduk Split, where he has played, is among two popular clubs in Croatia. You either support Dinamo Zagreb or Hajduk Split. Hajduk is a big football name (three times Champions League quarter finals, UEFA Cup semi final, quarter final), solid history, but now they are in crisis. The crisis lasts since 2005, their last title. Only titles are important in Hajduk Split.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNK_Hajduk_Split

NickyViola repped this.
  24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Thanks for that.

The thing with Rebic is that he is such a hot head. Seems to get cards immediately upon being subbed in. I like Bagadur and was hoping he'd make the first team squad last season. Haven't heard much about him but our manager is not ery keen on using young guys.