Cristiano Ronaldo's fast feet - Genetics or Practice?

Discussion in 'Player' started by MilanMadrid, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I made a thread about this earlier but I thought I'd make a new one instead of reviving that old one. (For anyone interested here's the link to the old one: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/is-really-fast-feet-an-innate-ability.2021739/)

I've always wondered how he's managed to get his feet so damn fast. Look at this video especially at the 1:18 mark. The other guy is one of the best freestylers in the world, yet he just looks so clumsy/slow when doing the same trick as Ronaldo. He's a professional freestyler so surely he's also spent hours upon hours practicing tricks, so I can't see how it could be due to a lack of training. Is it just genetic/physiological?

It's always been a goal of mine to get feet as fast as Ronaldo, if not faster. At the moment I'm just doing hundreds of step overs a day, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to supplement this? I know you don't need incredibly fast feet to have an effective step over, but I'm not after that. I just want faster feet haha.

AJSW repped this.
  2. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Forget CR7, have you ever heard of Michael Flatley? THAT is what I call fast feet.

3. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    some component of it is genetic, but it's mostly training.

If you're doing ball work, like toe taps, stepovers, etc... doesn't matter if you do ten million of them. if you want to go faster, then you have to train faster. Set timers, if today you can do 60 stepovers in 30 seconds, try to beat that score.

4. nguyen ngoc anh

nguyen ngoc anh New Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I think Bale is faster

5. oncom

oncom New Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    yups, gareth bale is the Number one best player in europe ....

6. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Speed training is best done while fresh. Practice slow makes you slow. Fatigue also tightens up muscles. Loose is faster. Quality of the movements is more important for training than quantity.

Genetics is a factor, but you cannot change your genes. Don't waste energy worrying about what you cannot control.

7. jaros94

jaros94 New Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that there is some genetic, but most of it's just hard work. Cristiano is known for his titanic work.

8. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's partly generic you need fast twitch muscles for quickness.

To help it along you need fast moves in a small space.

Type IIa-fast oxidative(50milisecond twitch)well developed sacroplasmic reticulum which cause calcium to be released quicker which contributes directly to quickness.

Developed by training in quick motions and high reps/light weight.

Some drills I use to improve player quickness.

You can do figure 8's Put up two cones and your players run around and through and around them making a figure 8.

Have them go in both directions. Then gradually bring the cones closer together to make the 8's in a smaller space.
    ----
    Also try this

X X
    X
    X X

Lay out 5 cones Players run around the cones always cutting back around the center cone.
    ----------------------

Also get a speed ladder and do the below.

One player that I have seen train was Tab Ramos really fast in a small space.

Get a speed ladder. Also do this

9. jaros94

jaros94 New Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #10 nicklaino, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Hey got to pay for this Jarod. I am not used to paying for anything concerning our football. People give them to me as gifts.

So do you think you will become a millionaire from this or are you already a millionaire.

I could not get it to work. You better work on it more.

I am seriously thinking of manufacturing a piece of soccer equipment that I saw in the early 80s. I just have to get the rights to it. It is not helmets or head bands they were junk and now no more heading for kids.

I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you it is not needed in the adult game. But parents of new players will gobble it up.

The item is cheap to make and if promoted right it will sell. If I do it it will be totally made in America.

Like the my pillow ever see that guy in the blue shirt. Did you know he was an ex drug user.

11. becool123

becool123 New Member

Barcelona
    Georgia
    Jun 11, 2017
    messi the best!

12. RonaldoBlows

RonaldoBlows New Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Dec 30, 2017