Cristiano Ronaldo or Brazilian Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Mysterious, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I saw a thread in "MLS Fans" that turned into an argument about who the better player is, although they don't play the same positions, which one do you guys think is the more gifted player?

2. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Tough comparison because 1 ronaldo is just getting started while the other may have played his last game 1 week ago. And you can't really compare the 2 right now because one is legend and the other is just starting to build his resume up. Plus they play 2 different positions.

But to answer your question. The brazilian is more gifted than CR7. And thats not a knock on CR7 because to me Ronaldo was the most gifted player that I ever saw play. Everything you wanted in a player. But CR7 is on his way to greatness and many trophies so will just have to wait and see.

3. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    ^^^ I agree with your statements, but personally, I think a midfeilder who can score at C. Ronaldos rate is more rare than a striker who can.

4. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    If you're talking about current form, then I'd take Cristiano in a heartbeat.

5. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm saying both players at 23.

6. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Umm wasn't (fat) Ronaldo injured when he was 23 so that kinda makes it a mismatch already?

7. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    well,one is a good player,who hasnt really proven that much yet
    the other one is one of the best strikers ever
    i dont like how unproven players like messi and c ronaldo etc get compared to legends who've won everything
    lets see how long he keeps things up

8. O Fenômeno

O Fenômeno New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    New Jersey
    ID take O Fenomeno easily...you mancs are right...there is only one ronaldo...he wears number 9,from brasil, and will go down as one of the greatest strikers, if not the greatest of all time.

Cristiano is good though....best player right now...however..he hasn't achieved or proven anything yet. But he claims himself to be the best..

Only One Ronaldo..

Ronaldo luis Nazario de Lima

9. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    ^^lol i thought u didnt come here no more

10. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Easy. When he was at his best, nobody could touch him.

[​IMG]

11. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed. Comparing the two at 23 (when healthy of course) puts Ronaldo ahead of just about any player in the last 20 years. Really in a class of his own among recent players. I felt sick after each injury I felt so bad for him, because when healthy he was often unstoppable.

12. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love watching Cristiano Ronaldo play, but the pre-injury Ronaldo 1996-1997 may have been the most talented, gifted player ever. I don't know if Ronaldo's combination of size, strength, spped, and ball skills has ever been matched. Pele, who I think was the best ever, was great for 20 years, but only 1986 Maradonna, 1962 Garrincha, 1974 Cryuff, 75 Beckenbauer, maybe DiStefano in the early 60's can compare with that 1996-97 Ronaldo. Then, even with all of the injuries, he's the alltime leading WC scorer, which is not a subjective opinion.

13. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    In their best level, I don't have any doubt the option is Ronaldo Nazario.

14. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I concur although C.Ronaldo still has time to improve.

15. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It is very stupid to compare them now. There is absolutely no doubt Cris Ronaldo is better at this moment, it is true that Ronaldo Nazario Lima was great when he was at his best. Cristiano has started his career very strongly and apart from the different positions they play, I see both as very similar players at the age of 23.

16. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There's absolutely no comparison.

17. Ronaldob4hegotfat

Ronaldob4hegotfat New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Australia
    I think the only way you could rate Cristiano better is if you never watched Ronaldo at his best. Cristiano can still improve but I'm sceptical that he will reach Ronaldo's best levels, although he might get rated higher for having a more consistent career in the end. We'll see how Cristiano's career unfolds then make a comparison after.

18. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow, what a great and enlightening post. You have posted great ideas and I think you deserve every credit for one of the greatest posts of all time.

19. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  20. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real Ronaldo, not the Ronald Reagan knock-off.

21. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think that its a hard comparison for sure. While a midfielder scoring at C Ronaldo's rate is hard to find....the Brazillian Ronaldo was scoring more than anyone on the planet at his height (even Wilt Chamberlain :rolleyes:). Not only is Ronaldo a multiple WC winner (although he didn't play a prominent role in '94), but he holds the record for most goals in WC play all-time. Not to mention being a European Cup Winner.
    C Ronaldo is just starting and is a great talent, but for now, its hands down the Original Ronaldo. One phenomenal season doesn't mean much against years and years of great work.

22. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    who's better.......what a stupid comparison

lets just put it this way...........Ronaldo at age 17 won the world cup, at age 22 helped his team reach the final again only to lose cause of his convolution, and at age 26 wins the world cup again with him scoring 8 goals in 7 matches.

lets see if C. Ronaldo can win a world cup when he's 26 with the same coach.

23. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He never won a European Cup. Besides the injuries the one black mark on Ronaldo's resume is his relatively empty trophy cabinet at club level. He has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world and all he has to show for it is 1 league title with Real and a UEFA Cup with Inter. For all his talents(which few can compare) he wasn't able to lift his clubs to great success. However, with Brazil it was a different story...

24. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he had like 4 trophey's with barca......btw with Inter he could of won the league if there weren't refereeing issues against Juventus, with PSV he won a couple trophys there

25. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking about major trophies. Few would consider the Copa del Rey, Dutch Cup, or UEFA Cup major trophies. For someone that played for Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, and PSV during the past 14 years it's somewhat staggering that he only won 1 league title and never played in a CL final.