Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    So where do we go from here? Wanted to ask what your guys opinions are on what needs to happen.

We sit in 4th, possibly 5th soon in the league, 10 points from the top and 6 points from 3rd.

Out of one cup to a 3rd tier side, the other cup is looking like a mirage. Europa League is also an unknown at this point.

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    VARANDAS needs to go!! Should've been out of here long time ago. He clearly does not have the capabilities nor the knowledge to run an organization nor put the proper people in place. All these @ssholes are doing is getting rich at the expense of SCP.
    People have said that SCP belongs to the members and not run like a dictatorship, well look at how it's being run. No freedom of speech. Any t-short, scarf, clothing material that has to do with supporter groups or against the president is confiscated or To guarantee a Europa league spot next year, there's only 2 avenues, win Portuguese cup or finish 3rd or 4th in league. One of those doors is already shut and the other is quickly closing.

I don't know what else to say, anyone who even thinks this president has any capacity to continue, needs to give their head a shake.

At the rate we're going, we're going to finish at an all time low in standings.

I've never felt so sad to be a SCP fan. Quickly becoming worse than Godinho Lopes era.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The trial regarding the events involving the attack at our academy last year has finally begun this week. Over 40 hooligans plus a few people including BdC himself are charged with several crimes. Lets hope this can be resolved once and for all.

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Curious to see the outcome of all this.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lots of talk now about a possible general assembly to remove the current administration. There's been a movement of club members which has submitted a list of names said to be enough to call for a vote to remove Varandas. The process is now being vetted today by the MAG who will call for the assembly if everything checks out.

In the meantime names have already started popping up for an eventual election. The usual names from last time.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Here we go again... another pointless election to get another guy who doesn't know what hes doing.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah its annoying but I have little faith in Varandas. I can understand the position the club is in and he took some drastic moves like cutting ties with the claques.

But since day 1 the way he snaked in to the election bothered me. The communication at the club is horrible, he doens't give anyone confidence when he speaks which a leader should naturally have, and more importantly: the planning that went into this year and the decision to fire Keizer a day after the transfer window closed shows to me a complete lack of skill and understanding of how to run a football club. He might be a good doctor but he's a terrible president.

The club needs a proper administration, including a proper director, an experienced coach and a proper president.

heavy1981 and SCP21 repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. I'd rather roll the dice again than trust this clown doctor.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I agree that he isn't a good president, but I really don't see anyone who is right now. Same old candidates every single time, it would just be a trade from one shithead to another. Even Joao Benedito, I like him, but the team he built around him is sketchy.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I swear the only solution at this club is to sell the majority stake to a foreign investor. Let him install a proper CEO who can manage this club.

nelly29, SCP21, SCP_16 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    anyone can do a better job then what this clown has done and is doing. He took a club in a fragile state and made it worse, created a division within team, allowed old people that want to live at the cost of the club to return to club, has put a horrible product on the field with terrible player transfers, has fired and hired multiple coaches, has a declining attendance at stadium, etc...

I mean, he's going nowhere but backwards. Why he hasn't been removed yet is beyond me.

When the guy speaks in public, i can't help but put my head down in disbelief. He never says anything meaningful.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't like him either, but that is almost all extreme exaggeration. The club is not in a worse than BdC left it in, and it is clearly more unified than it was under BdC.

I actually think his player transfer have been his only redeeming quality. Fantastic deals on below average players like Thierry and Raphinha, and getting rid of all the dead weight that BdC's team signed with no plan for them whatsoever.

13. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    And won't this become a BdC circus again? i.e. won't BdC try to run again??

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He's been kicked out of the club, he's not allowed to run again

15. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I’m not a sportinguista and in fact, can’t stand most sportinguistas that I come across.

But the fact is BDC was the best president sporting had until the alcochete attack.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    damn, nice scouting report on sporitnguistas.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol

18. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i totally disagree with your comment, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
    The club wasn't in bad shape with BDC as you state. In fact, BDC took over the club from Godinho at a stage where bankruptcy was a real possibility, but that's the past and BDC is the past and it's time to move on.

The Thierry and raphina transfers were ok, but ones like bas dost was brutal especially when you can't bring anyone in. Talk about dead weight, fernando, Jese, Rosier are a few that come to mind.

Like I've said all along, I want a president with BDC's passion and vision for the club, and not his social media posts. That would be an ideal president for SCP. Hopefully any potential candidates can learn from the past and make the right changes to go forward.

19. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agreed! He became an inconvenience to others in that country.

I'm really curious to see the outcome of this trial because i think a few surprises are going to come out. There's a lot of things that don't add up or make sense.

20. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I can guess someone who's ex-wife is a Sportingista :p

SCP21 repped this.
  21. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    No she wasn’t actually.

I respect Sporting as a institution but many of the fans are annoying. I would be happy to see Sporting win the league as it’s been a 2 team league for so long.

22. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I was just having some fun with you....... :thumbsup:

23. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    It’s okay. You seem like a good bunch. Despite your teams lack of success, you guys are supporting them whereas benfica fans seem quiet on here.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    A club that continues to be in crisis constantly. Today there was a manifestation against the current administration by the supporters groups. A vice president and his 16 year old daughter were apparently assaulted. Varandas condemned the claques saying they will never be intimidated. Juve Leo says they aren't responsible and condemned any accusation.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's designed that way. The country as a whole needs a revolution from top down. The crap that goes on in that country that includes and effects soccer is a complete joke.
    Everything from the juridical system, to corruption, to banks going belly up, etc... a complete disgrace and probably the worst EU country.