Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nuno Mendes, known as Mustafa and leader of the Juve Leo, is apparently going to be imprisoned while awaiting possible trial after an appeal was made to reverse the judge's decision to let him go on bail. This would be in relation to the drugs found at the JL HQ, with the suspicion that the crime of drug trafficking is still being practiced.

If you recall, him and Bdc were let go after 4 days of being in jail while the rest of the hooligans have been in jail ever since.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Amazing news! This guy is a cancer.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    For anyone whose out of the loop on the players that rescinded, there are 3 players left that we haven't come to terms with (either the player or the club). A Bola has a breakdown of the deals that have been made and what we are demanding for the other players.

The breakdown:

Bas Dost, Bruno Fernandes and Battaglia all rescinded but re-signed with us. In relation to Bruno, this could prove hugely beneficial to us financially.

William (16M), Patricio (18M) and Gelson (15M profit) gave us a total of 49M euros income. This could rise to 53M as we could still receive an extra 4M for William in objectives completed.

Podence (Olympiakos), Rafael Leao (Lille) and Ruben Ribeiro (Al Ain) are the unresolved cases. Since the clubs are unwilling to pay us, these are going to court. We are demanding 60.45M for Podence, 45M for Leao and 62.1M for Ruben, which would total 167.55M. Will we see that kind of money? Maybe in dreamland, but if we do win the cases I think the judge in question will likely order them to pay us what their actual market value was at the time they left.

SCP_16 repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thank you for this breakdown. Good stuff here.

My questions: Haven't these cases been with the courts for months already? What's the probability these cases get solved? And what is the timeline?

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    These kinds of cases will take many more months, possibly years. I don't expect any immediate decision.

Maybe if/when the cases go forward and the parties start to see which way the wind is blowing, they can settle out of court.

6. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
  7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    nelly29 repped this.
  8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This Saturday will be D-day for the former president. After appealing the decision to expel him as a club member, it's up to the Sporting sócios to vote on whether to ratify the decision to keep him out for good.

In the last few days he's been back in the news doing interviews, right on time for the start of pre-season as well... it's time to decide this thing once and for all so we can all move on.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He gone! Good day for Sportingistas.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets just hope everything calms down and we all support the team without drama now.

SCP21 repped this.
  11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    The good he did was far outweighed by the bad....The strong majority have spoken time to move on....

12. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We can hope, but from what I saw on TV, there's a massive divide in this club with no signs of it getting better.
    Seems like this club can never have unity.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's a few who always make a lot of noise at these meetings. I'm sure the majority have an informed opinion without having to result in name calling or even physical violence.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rafael Leao is being linked with a potential 40M euro move to Roma. If you recall, he's one of 3 players who we haven't yet reached a deal after unilaterally rescinding his contract with us.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This one is still the most interesting case to me. I still don't see how Leao had any plausible reason to rescind. He simply wasn't there.. Really hope they stay on top of this.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And I've heard no news on this and am unsure if he legitimately has a case.

17. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    BDC is gone and so should this thread. Reading the title gives me horrible flashbacks lol.

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Both BdC and the remaining people involved in the Alcochete attack are going to trial for their alleged involvement in the May 15 2018 incident.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Prudence called up for portugal. After the transfer season closes, verandas should really double down to make some money off that little shit. And leao.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They want Bruno Gaspar, I'd demand 30 mill for him :whistling:

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dude's trash. Getting called up before Ricardo Pereira, Goncalo? Shit, even Bruma has done more. Ricardo Horta too.

Sh*ts an absolute political joke.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    SCP21 repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...porting-clube-de-portugal-e-da-sporting-clube

SCP cut all ties with the supports groups Juve Leo and Directivo Ultras after escalating calls for him to step down were intensified and there was even physical clashes, with one board members car with his windows smashed.

While the claques have been a problem forever, he probably chose the worst possible time to do this IMO.

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yea he's not going to go down easily. Another Godinho Lopes and Jose Bettencourt.

Eventually, the stadium will have to be empty.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Love it. The leaders of those claques are drug dealers and negative for the club