Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Call me crazy, but if Varandas is elected president, I almost willing to bet JJ is brought back,

He's already said he's coming back to Portugal in 1 year.

I doubt he goes back to Benfica. If Sergio continues his success at Porto, I doubt PDC will fire him for JJ. Although, it's obvious that PDC wants JJ.

unless he goes to a smaller club, I think he's coming back to SCP with Varandas. Just my two cents.

SCP21 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think its more likely Conceicao leaves next season for a foreign club, paving the way for JJ to return. JJ has said that after this season he will return to Portugal.

3. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's right, I said that. Question is where?

If Conceicao has another good year, I doubt he leaves Porto.

Varandas and JJ get along real well. JJ was on Varandas honour list and I believe JJ still "wants" to win a title at SCP.

Time will tell I guess.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well Varandas said today that he will keep Peseiro as coach if he wins. Since its a 1 year contract, you may very well be right in that he tries to get JJ back next season (if he is president of course)

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    BTW as a side note and totally unrelated, anyone think that ForumSCP should be renamed ForumBDC? You can't post at all these days, your instantly labelled croquette and even personally attacked.

SCP21 repped this.
  6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yea its kinda crazy. Its pretty cultish.

7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I haven’t been on there since the first of the rescindings. They were starting to go in on Patricio’s wife/girlfriend and I said I had enough of that place.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I understand people have a right to their opinion, but my goodness. We're all supporters of a football club, not fighting a war.

9. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Yeah super political on there these days.... It's not a fun place to read up on news these days

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lmao 55mil should cover it

13. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    And so it begins........

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I find it more likely we settle these cases out of court, unless we can clearly win.

vilafria repped this.
  15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    it would be best for all parties. hope you're right.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Allegedly during the 'Cashball' operation which involved arresting Andre Geraldes, former team manager, there were text messages between him and BdC which indicate they knew something was going to happen.

We'll see if there are any developments.

17. SCP+Piranha

SCP+Piranha New Member

Sporting
    Portugal
    Jul 14, 2018
    Is that in relation to the buying of rival players or the Alcochete attack ?

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It was during that operation yes, but since it wasn't related to the investigation it was passed over to the other investigation into the attack.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Cintra seems to have removed the "confidentiality" clause that was in JJ's deal when he left the club, preventing him from discussing the last few months. This might mean we could hear the coach's side of the story.

20. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I wanna preface by saying that by no means do I support BdC in regards to this situation. Always was on the players side and still am.

But now that the dust has settled a bit and can think a little more rationally, I gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed in Patrício, William and Gelson. Dost, as mentioned, was the one who had the most visible injuries, attacked with a pipe, and has just returned after the president has been voted out. Bruno returned a while ago, didn’t increase salary and mentioned it was never about money. Acuña who was verbally threatened didn’t even rescind and Battaglia potentially returning as well.

These are all outsiders with 1-3 years at the club. Versus the others who were graduates, spent their whole lives here. And showed their true colours as people for taking advantage of this situation to their own personal gain. The club invested so much into them the least they could’ve done is come back and be sold properly once BdC was gone. I mean they got what they wanted and still turned there back.

Disappointing. Especially coming from captains and fan favourites. What a shit way to go out.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes it was a different scenario when everyone had left. It was panic mode.

What also gets me is that they are choosing average clubs. Wolves? Betis? Atletico madrid is obviously different but for the 2 captains, its quite disappointing and makes me think they are overhyped because you would think bigger clubs would be interested.

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thats the thing, this makes it so clear just how much we ovrrhype our players.

I think part of the problem was that the captains are promissed theyll be sold every year and end up being just straight up lied to by bdc. They felt like prisoners. At the end of the day they signed a contract, but i dont think any of them wanted to stay this long in portugal. Im sure there were offers for them but wr can see now that no one was going anywhere near thr release clauses bdc wanted.

Weve always kept on to our graduates to the point where they end up angry at the club, going all the way back to figo. Its not a good system.

natenate101 repped this.
  23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't forget Podence and Leao. Two players who weren't even there during attacks.

24. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Presidents aside, they probably didn't want to stay in Portugal, but they signed a contract for a certain term. Maybe it's just me, but when an athlete signs a contract for whatever term, the expectation is that you're committing for those years. These players seem like smart individuals, if they didn't want to stay in Portugal for so many years, sign a shorter contract. This would force the club to sell you at least 1 year prior or run the risk of player walking for free. maybe even put some clauses in there that compensate you financially after a certain year if not sold. So many options.
    I just think the players have control when they sign their respective contracts.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Contracts mean nothing these days. If anything, its the club that wants a longer contract so they dont have to worry about re-negotiating or losing the player for free in the short-term