Pre-match: Crew vs New York City FC (MLS 04/29 07:30 PM)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Grouchy, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Result of 04/29 match vs New York City FC

Poll closed Apr 29, 2017.
  1. Win by two or more goals

15.6%
  2. Win by one goal

46.7%
  3. Tie

17.8%
  4. Lose by one goal

15.6%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

4.4%
  1. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Regular Season Match
    Columbus Crew FC vs New York City FC

Saturday, April 29 07:30 PM

Mapfre Stadium

TV: CW Columbus / Spectrum Sports / BCSN2 (Spectrum 311/1311, AT&T 005/1005, WOW! 005/205, DirecTV 053/902, Dish 053/7205, Antenna 53.1)

chr1st repped this.
  2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Old Fart's Crew Supporters Union April Tailgate
    Saturday April 29th 2017 4:30pm to 7:00pm
    (black and white checkerboard tent near the Crew Union tent)
    The Old Farts will be serving Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken and loose meat sandwiches. No need to bring anything, but a side dish, dessert or something to share is always welcome.

3. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    doom or something similar ..pray that Arturs recovery is the fastest ever recorded in Medical History

TRUJDUB and Tobias C repped this.
  4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So, not to look to far ahead here. But, good lord do we need some points in these coming weeks.

This game is the start of a 3 game home-stand (NYC, NE, TFC). After that we play 5 of 6 on the road, with the only home game being against Seattle.

For all the talk of the slow starts from some of the "favorites" coming into the season, they seem to have figured it out. Red Bulls are level on points with us. Toronto looked great this week. Seattle (not our conference, but still) looks to have figured it out. Meanwhile you look down the standings and Montreal and Atlanta have only played two home games and have a game in hand on us.

Get 7 - 9 points out of these next three games you have some margin for error in a tough mid-May through June stretch. Get 3-5 points and you are setting yourself up for a much more difficult summer.

TRUJDUB and zman31 repped this.
  5. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Forecast is calling for rain , imagine

6. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like it was for the last home game, then it turned out to be warm and dry. Maybe it rains, maybe it doesn't during the game. But weather at home games this year has been better than average.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  7. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, these games are though. NYCFC were the best road team in the league last year IIRC. TFC is tough obviously. NE is a bit crap, but they have the talent to win, they just seem a bit lost or bored or tired of Heaps or something. If Cbus is a good team, then they have to beat teams like this at home.

8. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Our line up would tell me draw or win

Abu = draw

5 defenders and no Abu = win

9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I'd like to see Finlay and Hansen out wide and move Meram to the middle.

American Brummie repped this.
  10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kyle.....

Last year's results are meaningless.

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Ohio. In the spring. What did you expect?? The forecast will change 3 times before game time.

Mind you, I think that does scare off some ticket buyers.....

Psycho_Derek and TRUJDUB repped this.
  12. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Touche. I see what you did there.

That being said, they've still been good this year on the road.

TRUJDUB and hangthadj repped this.
  13. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They're messing with egress from B Lot again. Two exit Lanes, with left going to 71 and right going through the neighborhood. Check your email.

14. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need another poll to predict the total length of the lightning delays for the match.

American Brummie repped this.
  15. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question: What would probably be the easiest/most efficient means of being picked up at the game?

If it storms and the games delayed or they just play in the rain, my wife might leave with our daughter (my wife is impatient with sports) and come pick me back up after the game.

Wheres the best place for me to be waiting at that I can walk to easily.....and/or that she can access with the car. She probably cant drive back into parking lot when everyones exiting, can she?

16. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

17. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The "Uber Zone"
    https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/uber

[​IMG]

Tobias C repped this.
  18. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pick-up zone OR, if you're up for it, you can walk out to 4th street and have her pick you up there.

Tobias C repped this.
  19. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    4th St is about 6x as far, and if you cut through the train tracks...well it could be a pricey short cut.
    The other advantage to the Uber Zone is if they try to question her about heading that direction, she can just say that she's picking up an Uber passenger. They probably won't be smart enough to look for the "U" sticker in the window and would just take her at her word. YMMMV, of course, but I don't see how or why they'd try to limit that traffic until end of game.

20. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you tried the Uber Zone yet? I'm curious to find out if it works as well as planned. My concern is that the normal traffic flow on Hiawatha Park and through that area could make it difficult for Ubers to get in and out, especially if they're turning left on Hudson towards 71.

21. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #21 Draghignazzo, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    No, but I use that Hiawatha path out of B lot after every home game. At the end of a game, I expect the Uber Zone to be moderately busy and minimally crowded, but @Tobias C was asking about getting picked up early during a rain delay, so I didn't address long lines as I think there's it will be a trickle, not a flood of people leaving early. I expect under those conditions she could probably easily head back N out Silver Drive without too much issue.

That said, the trick to the Hiawatha egress path is to actually turn E down the first alley and go 2 streets E to Atwood before heading N to Hudson, or even take it all the way to Weber (farther but less traffic), to make that left turn. You're right, if you just go N up Hiawatha, you're in a line again to turn left onto Hudson during normal post-game egress. But as I've stated a few times before, I can make it from last whistle to my couch in Westerville ~15 min using that path and heading E off Hiawatha to Atwood before making my way to I-71.

mmradio13 repped this.
  22. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    857985682400325633 is not a valid tweet id

No Crow? A blow.

American Brummie and Draghignazzo repped this.
  23. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, after look like utter garbage with Artur and Crognale out for the majority of the game last week we get to see if Abu and Mensah can right the ship this week.

Villa is still dangerous and if we are sloppy in midfield like we were last week NYCFC will punish us. Mensah needs to show some experience and composure to keep it simple out of the back and work with Naess to limit Villa's space.

Abu will need to complete some forward passes, turn into space and find himself in a good defensive position every now and then. Doing 1 of those 3 would be an improvement over last week but may not be enough to get us a win.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Uber, a "Suggested Post" on Facebook suggests one can take a Car2Go to the Lowe's lot and then walk to the stadium. We know this is a long walk, as police/parking don't let you enter the NW entrance on foot.

...but... They'd probably let someone leave that way, especially if someone waited 15-20 minutes to leave the stadium after the game ended.

Either way, the weather looks good...for now.

25. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atwood/Hudson does not have a traffic light, does turning left onto Hudson become a problem ever?