Crew to Austin in 2019..(Maybe)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Placid Casual, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thank you for doing this. I've had a busy weekend and tomorrow is packed, too. I'm currently out of bandwidth. I have not heard back from the generic stc email or a direct message to @YeahMorgan. If someone else has another contact please feel free to send.

I suggest we post an update to the /r/themassive subreddit to get feedback and donations from anyone who wants to participate. I'll also donate to the cause. Getting this 24-48 hours ahead of the vote on the 28th or the work session on the 26th would be ideal. I say that without having the time to do much so whatever it is, is awesome.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  2. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count me in for $100.

3. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #16728 CybrSlydr, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Just got a reply from Morgan:

"I think we’re already doing it, but let me verify at our meeting tonight."

I replied:

"Gotcha - please let us know if you folks are running one because it looks like we have over half of the $3k needed for a full page ad that will run on the 28th. Kinda silly and expensive if there were two of them. :)"

And he replied:

"Word up, will do amigo."

MLSinSTL, Brett Baker, SLSHOT01 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #16729 Ch(Elsey), Jun 18, 2018
    That is what I assumed. Good.

@hardhead - I think you are right to get the message out on reddit/Twitter. See what we can pool together for STC/the project.

We (Crew fans) have an obligation to reply to that letter. When your opponent delivers a half-assed closing argument, you do not say "pass." No. You recount the evidence, and then you lead the jury/public to what you want them to conclude.

Do you want to do business with J. Anthony Precourt?

No.

You do not want to do business with JAP/I do not want to do business with JAP.

CybrSlydr and hardhead repped this.
  5. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    2 ads wouldn’t be silly if they were on different dates. In fact if it was a weekly ongoing campaign to battle AP it would help negate any positive spin he tries to change the narrative with. Also it would probably piss him off. We need to secretly put cameras in his office to film a melt down and expose his shenanigans

catfish9 repped this.
  6. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but continuously running ads would look desperate and turn us into the crazy ex-girlfriend.

Shawn Collins and hardhead repped this.
  7. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Given that we haven't heard any bits of info from our inside source in over a month, I'm really starting to think that the NDA has been signed and attempts at negotiations have occurred or are occurring.

The last we heard, another NDA had been offered but it still wasn't good enough for the buyers to agree to; however, the two sides seemed to be actively working to iron out some of the differences and reach an agreement. That was on May 11th. Since then, we haven't heard a peep even though our inside source has been active on this board by viewing, but not posting.

If all hope was lost (i.e. if negotiations had failed or the NDA never materialized) I think we would have heard about it by now.

Adrian, Kryptonite and Pauncho repped this.
  8. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Didn't we hear from Miki's inside source that Precourt wasn't entertaining offers at all?

There isn't time to run ads on 2 different dates and I agree that 2 separate ads on 6/28 is overkill. One ad of at least half a page stressing the dangers to Austin of doing business with PSV should be sufficient.

TKyle repped this.
  9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #16734 Ch(Elsey), Jun 18, 2018
    Cheated on estranged wife?

edit: But seriously. One ad will do. Perhaps we can bump STC up to premium location. Lots of extras offered - premium location, online, etc.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  10. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I’m curious about the local investor and the CP. Alex Fischer has said little about the Crew other than at the Memorial tournament. Should we continue to fight? Does it make a difference? STC used to say it made a difference. It just feels like a silence has fallen over the Columbus side the last few weeks. Without the local investor we really have no say in this battle.
    Would be nice if something leaked to at least know what we should be fighting for.

11. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1008701903805583361 is not a valid tweet id

1008707647703482368 is not a valid tweet id

1008707553814110208 is not a valid tweet id

12. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see fat Bern taking time to put his cheeseburger down to tweet. The guy is going to need an oxygen tank from all the walking he is going to be doing after he finds a parking spot at the stadium.

crew2112 repped this.
  14. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't quite been able to get clarity on that. It's probably more fair to say that PSV/MLS haven't been cooperating with the attempts to establish a framework regarding the NDA or establishing a baseline to determine what a bona fide purchaser means.

The reason I'm not sure that a NDA has been signed, is because PSV/MLS immediately appealed the ruling, which means they didn't think they should be required to participate in this process. So why would they sign off on a NDA if they're fighting to ruling which ordered them to do so? It's more likely that an informal "stay" of the proceedings is in effect pending the outcome of the appeal.

SLSHOT01 and Pauncho repped this.
  15. Brett Baker

Brett Baker Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    One in each paper?

16. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not if the adds were different and shared different broken promises etc...

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    MLSinSTL, jayd8888, Tobias C and 12 others repped this.
  18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I am having fun though imagining Tyson Wahl as the Austin Ambition FC hype man in the role of Frankie Hejduk. Skateboarding around town in 90 degree heat in funny hats, desperately trying to give out scarves.

Meanwhile the line at the food truck is thinking, "Who the ******** is this guy?!?"

19. QuarkspaceDotCom

Mar 14, 2000
    Deep in the Bluegrass Hinterlands
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    What a fn douchemahaggon. The fact he's a former player in this collection of licensed franchises sums up MLS's continued third-rate status as a soccer league on this planet.

Thankfully, this status is largely made irrelevant when watching the World Cup. Makes it funnier anytime a Fox announcer mentions someone's MLS history. Of course, those mentions are naturally few and far between.

20. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The man just never stops sucking at anything, it's amazing.

TRUJDUB, Ch(Elsey), CybrSlydr and 3 others repped this.
  21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may have to burn my Tyson Wahl jersey....

MLSinSTL repped this.
  22. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally went out of my way to wish Tyson good luck when he left the team. I crossed High Street to thank him and wish him the best. F@c|k that guy.

Dude is from f@(|<ing California. Why is he shilling for Precourt? He got paid like $40k by him and he is still loyal. @sshat!

TrueCrew and shoplifter repped this.
  23. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Thanks for the clarification. Seems like they have imposed their own tolling of the Modell law deadlines since even if the court decides adequate notice has been given, they aren't complying with the requirement to take offers for 6 months.

24. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, ******** Tyson Wahl. With a rusty dagger.

25. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyson-wahl-b610341b

StepsColumbus and CrewV Man repped this.