Crew to Austin in 2019..(Maybe)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Placid Casual, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"
    Commissioner Don Garber, the same guy who has allowed Cincinnati and however many other cities to shower him with love on his expansion tour, hasn’t even bothered hiding his support for Anthony Precourt’s attempts to move the team to Austin.

You also don’t have to know much about soccer to know Columbus is probably the last city that league should ever want to mess with.

Let’s see, an original team in a large and growing market getting treated like a backwater burg with a team playing in front of an empty stadium built for badminton?

Then again, take a second look north if you must to really get the picture.

If the league is going to treat Columbus — a city that already has a soccer-specific stadium that is simple but yet somehow good enough for the most important matches played in this country — the way it is now, what makes you think you won’t get your turn down the line?"

2. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I don't get the whole Paul Brown Stadium thing. I asked if PBS was a temporary home or considered to be a full time home. The response was "Neither". So WTF?

3. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably going to move games to Great American Ballpark when Reds season is over. ;)

(It would be more bang for Lindner's naming rights buck, after all.)

4. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    My bad joke of the evening......

Columbus has had the most players acquired by other teams during expansion drafts. In keeping with that honor the league has decided to award the whole team to Austin as part of the next draft.

5. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TRUJDUB, the_rickler, Minnman and 6 others repped this.
  7. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I went to Brew Dog this afternoon. I didn't realize they wouldn't have the Save the Crew Brew until 5:00. I got a flight of their other beers. That and the food was very good. I will go back to get the Crew Brew.

the_rickler and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  8. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WhiteHartShame, Tobias C, TKyle and 4 others repped this.
  9. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    931662091865468928 is not a valid tweet id

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been at Dogtap since 3pm. Just got home with a growler of Crew Brew.

Want to thank Mrs. grouchy for finding wherever i was outside Brewdog. I think I had a couple flights and four scotch eggs before someone stood on the bar and announced the olfficial tapping of the keg.

Crew Brew was good, not spectacular but good. Didn't matter.

Great mix of human beings. Real people. Average joes and a couple fans with incredible business and legal insight. iI feel much more optimistic now. Great memories of Crew and soccer and Columbus and beer.

This still may end in defeat and our team in Austin in 2019 but this war is on and that monkey ass Garber and absolute pile of putrifying ass scrapings PSV deserve every minute of misery they have coming and will be getting for the next few years. I am so looking forward to the look of disgust on Garber as he presents MLS cup to our team on our soil and has to live with the Crew as champions through 2018 as every social and media vulture dissects this down to the most granular level exposing it for the embarrassing mess it is.

This is worldwide now. Someone said there will be a presence at Chelsea and somewhere overseas else this weekend. Every MLS teams that love/hate us want to continue to love/hate us in THIS city. Every bubble MLS team is behind us because they know they are next if we move.

Mr Archer and whoever said the foxhole quote is right. Dig in. This is going to be a frustrating year or two but stay visible and proud.

Draghignazzo, DAK77, timpegoose and 20 others repped this.
  11. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TRUJDUB, WhiteHartShame and the_rickler repped this.
  12. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WhiteHartShame, Jaybir and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    #3763 Sagz, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    I didnt get to go out and throw beers down at a bar, instead it was family movie night at home. I introduced my kids to an old 80s classic Pee Wee's Big Adventure. So.....I found that Francis is Precourt, the bike is the crew, and pee wee was all of us before the prick tried to take our bike......long story short Pee Wee gets his bike back. :) The whole move turned into the story of savethecrew to me......need less beer.

This scene pretty much encapsulates everything before Oct 17th.

Draghignazzo, Robbiegoal, Jaybir and 3 others repped this.
  14. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very disappointed in Friedel.

Robbiegoal repped this.
  15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Huh?

16. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reporter: So Brad, you are an Ohio native, and were MLS Goalkeeper of the year for your home state Crew. You must be disappointed about the fact that they may move, right?

Brad: I'm going to stop you there. I can in fact confirm that I am from Ohio.

That's the problem I have. All the while Dante, Duncan, McBride, Clark, Alejandro and others are standing up against this.

And don't give me any crap about the fact that he is now coaching in the league. He is in no jeopardy for at least saying this situation is unfortunate.

17. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Whats not to get? PBS is an NFL stadium, where the NFL owners get all the revenue from things like concessions, etc. MLS like SSS for a reason. Given those terms, no way PBS going to be a permanent home. They already have a temporary home at Nippert.

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Too bad. You're getting that crap. Put yourself in his position for, like, a millisecond, at least.

19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    The SUM lackey strikes again.

(ducks)

20. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Francis looks a little like Precourt.

the_rickler and Sagz repped this.
  21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You misspelled "Friedel".

22. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I did.

Alejandro Moreno has put himself in greater jeopardy of getting canned for his comments. Brian McBride has made some statements. So have a number of non-former Crew members. Look at Matt Lampson - and he is a current player with a tenuous spot in the league at this point!

Is the league going to fine him? Really? He could say that the situation is unfortunate. That isn't choosing sides.

And surely the Krafts aren't going to let him go right after hiring him. They don't waste money on that team - they aren't going to buy him out. Heck, they barely remember they even have the team - especially this time of year.

SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, okay. But I didn't read Friedel's that way. He was asked if it was hard seeing what's happening to the Crew, and his answer was 'yes,' noting that he's an Ohio guy. He also cuts off the questioning. To me, he sounded pissed off at what was happening here, as a former Crew player and coming from Ohio. Could he have ranted about the stupidly of what was happening, callled out Precourt for being an asshole? Sure. But, to me, he's another well-known US soccer player who is against what's happening in Columbus. I wonder if his reaction didn't fully come across in a words-only tweet.

CrewV Man, TRUJDUB, Tobias C and 7 others repped this.
  24. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    appw.JPG Found this guy on the internet. In the face of the distractions, made me realize why we all are here.
    Hey. Wait a minute. Is that ACTUALLY AP?!

Sagz repped this.
  25. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It occurs to me, that while "Falling in Love with Crew" brings tears to most of our eyes -

I bet it makes DG and AP cry now too - for a different set of reasons.