Crew to Austin in 2019..(Maybe)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Placid Casual, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think another club can pick them up, but it depends on if they’re free agents.

DrunkandDisorderly and Timon19 repped this.
  2. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    made it look the the brocoli had a boner?

TKyle, jack sticker and Bill Archer repped this.
  3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    It's not madness, it's Major League!

Draghignazzo repped this.
  4. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    My slight derail post.....Im watching the boca jrs series on netflix.....man did a bring a smile to my face getting to listen to the voice of god himself talking about building a team. I would really love the chance to see him honored here in cbus as one of the best players ever in MLS.

If you havent already add the boca jr series to your watch list. If you dont know spanish the subtitles are easy to read....if you dont know how to read just enjoy seeing the soccer.

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See that? Thats shit. And this - is Shinola

jayd8888, JB-CBUS221 and puttputtfc repped this.
  6. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Did those shirts ever get made? I'm not gonna make it to the next few games is there a pick location I can pay/receive mine?

Direct message for personal info is prolly better than breaking the 4th wall here. :devilish:

7. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, I just went crosseyed reading this.

puttputtfc repped this.
  8. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    HR. Dam. That's heavy.

As a salesman, I've felt that my kind are just slightly below attorneys on the despicable scale. But HR.... HR.... a special kind of evil. Smiling faces behind cold, hard evil. And they are so very good at it.

Draghignazzo, Newey, RafaLarios and 3 others repped this.
  9. PSHSSoccerDog3

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “Thank you for continuing your 2019 Crew SC Memberships! Your preferred method of payment was charged today to reserve your seats.”

Coupe and jack sticker repped this.
  10. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Ahh, now I see my mistake. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

11. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Jerk.

12. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the longest this thread has gone without serious news.
    Waiting for the hammer to hit in the next few days....

13. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Actually, the news about STH getting charged for next year is pretty big. It means PSV will have to give back money to play in Austin next year. I'm sure it will be difficult for PSV to part with money.

As for other news, we can expect the motion to dismiss ruling, which will likely be a nothing burger in the grand scheme of things. It reinforces the Crew not moving for 2019, and the trial goes Howard. Hopefully there are buyers that want to keep the Crew in Columbus.

The biggie is the lease for McKalla. An announcement that they have signed a lease, or will not sign the lease will be big. That may be a while off.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  14. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also have the tolling period ending tomorrow so there will be news on that too.

15. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I've been able to discern, the schedule apparently gets worked out in a short time frame after the season ends (aside from the opening game), but I'm assuming the individual teams start working on the schedule well before that.

16. LainfordExpress

Columbus Crew SC; Los Angeles FC; Heart of Midlothian FC, Arsenal FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2018
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  18. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If a notice is insincere incantation, like MLS' alleged notice last March has proven to be, it won't matter because these teams can forsake all reasonable offers. If the law respects insincerity, it does not matter what the "owner really wants," only what the owner disingenuously says.

19. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    But the reason for giving notice is to comply with the Modell law as opposed to moving in the night. If they think the Modell law has teeth and don't want to sell their team, they would be at risk of having a court ordered sale.

I don't buy the argument that selling tickets for 2019 vitiates the previously given notice. PSV will say their move has been delayed by the suit against them and compliance with the law is no excuse for the city and state to pretend ignorance of their desire to move.

21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If this case sets a precedent that a false notice is sufficient notice, then there is not going to be any risk to other Ohio owners from giving false notices.

And PSV cannot say "their move has been delayed by the suit": (1) because they're on record as saying MLS owns the team, not PSV; and (2) because the lawsuit has not delayed the move, regardless who owns the team. There is currently no injunction. There is no impediment from the suit to a move. I've said this repeatedly and it does not seem to have sunk in.

CybrSlydr and Bill Archer repped this.
  22. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of those situations where I have a completely different attitude towards something than you, despite not disagreeing with anything you said.

I don't give a damn about supporters' groups. Not ours, not anyone else's, and certainly not these douchebags. Individual members of supporters' groups can be dicks, or they can be lovely, heartwarming people. I've encountered examples of both. But collectively, I've long felt that SGs thought too much of themselves, valued things more than they actually matter, think that they're better fans than the other 90% of the stadium, and have too often played the role of the tail trying to wag the dog.

This story is just an example of that. The Austin assholes did something that was all about them. A supporters' group that hasn't really even been created yet made itself look stupid. Stop the damn presses.

russ, Grouchy, TomB and 8 others repped this.
  23. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #31173 Bill Archer, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Well said.

SLSHOT01 repped this.
  24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there was no Modell law and no lawsuit I have a very hard time thinking of a single thing which they would have done differently right up until today.

To claim that ORC 9.67 has been an impediment to their move in any way is simply ridiculous.

MLSinSTL repped this.
  25. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    I don't believe the notice is false notice, I believe that PSV/MLS intends to move the team. What I believe, however, is they don't have a definitive time line for the move because they haven't finalized where the team will play either in the short or long term.

The fact that they are working the details of implementation of their plan doesn't mean that they don't have a plan.

Creating a notice that covers the contingencies of finalizing these details and provides a definitive move date would be difficult for them at this time.

Very much this. The impediments to the move until this point has been the fact that they don't have a temporary stadium for next year or the site of the permanent stadium. All the impediments have been in Austin.

Signing the lease for McKalla removes one of those impediments. After that is done, and they have a completion date for the permanent stadium, they can provide a date certain for the move.