Crew @ Philadelphia 8/5

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by osubowler, Jun 17, 2010.

1. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I leave the organizing of trips to Kevin and Blake so I don't have all the details. However a few updates are that we're being limited by Philly to just over 100 tickets for the match, seeing as how we'd planned to take two buses (one up and back, one overnight) that plan had to be scrapped. We're now planning to do one bus overnight if we can find a decent (& cheap) hotel near the airport and rail. As always we're going to do our best to keep the cost of the trip low.

2. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have my tickets confirmed, and will be driving up from the DC area. Should have tailgate going by 4pm, awaiting the arrival of the bus(es).

3. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on the plan for the bus(es)? I need to start trying to get off work Friday the 6th if the bus is going to be staying over night.

With that, what is the possibility of getting 3 or 4 tickets for some people who need to drive from CBus to Phillie?

4. Crewzan Rum

Crewzan Rum New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I must be requesting off as my friends as well, might be bringing 3 of us at the least and we would all like a spot on the bus. We're looking to get some spots as soon as everything gets finalized.

Hotel- How many rooms are we looking to get? I can see if my employee rate would do anything for a group booking at any of the Choice properties in the Philly area?

5. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well crap if the only bus is gonna be overnight, then I'm out of this one. I need a there and back trip

6. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We have a contract in hand and ready to sign for the Crown Plaza at a great rate for our group. That was the last piece of the puzzle to get this trip underway.

The hotel will require us to put a guest list up, upon check-in is when people will need to put the rooms into the individuals names.

If your planning on making the bus trip please send Kevin or I your info (if you haven't already done so) also let us know if you plan on being the person putting the room in your name. For Double bed its $79. Plus +10 per person after 2 (so 99 for 4 people)

The hotel is in a part of town where there should be plenty of stuff to do right around the area, and its a nice hotel with great ratings.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd invite everyone to stay at our place over there but it's about two hours due north. Not exactly convenient. On the plus side my wife makes a mean frittata.

Be advised that the last time I was in Philadelphia, in January for the draft, I drove home with a black plastic trash bag taped over the place where the passenger window had been just before some crackhead bashed it in to get my GPS.

It's a lovely town.

8. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be a bus coming back right after the game. I'd be interested in that.

9. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My search came up with ten Crown Plazas in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. Which one is this?

10. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin told me it was downtown.

11. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Philadelphia. Mind if we steal your car?

12. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Philly is limiting us pretty hard on tickets so we won't be able to do two buses as originally planned.

13. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me pick the one to tow there and I wouldn't mind.

14. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats ridiculous for them to do so. They only got 17000 this past weekend. They apparently could use all the visitor supporters they can get their hands on.

15. SportzNut78

SportzNut78 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't want more of us there then their own supporters.

16. bergbros

bergbros Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Galloway
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already shot a message off to Kevin but confirming as well here that I am confirmed with four including myself. I am flying in and since I have family in Philly, I do not need a hotel. Kudos for getting the downtown Crown Plaza. Great hotel and location.

And Philly is a great city with phenomenal night life and one of the best beer cities in the country. Monks Cafe, Eulogy, Standard Tap, South Philly Tap Room, Tria and a new one that opened in University City with 50 beers on tap. I lived, worked and went to school there for 25 years and saw how much the city has grown and improved. C-Bus is fine but there is so much more to do in Philly. 3AM cheesesteaks at Jim's, anyone?

17. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgate in Lot C pre-match. I should be there around 4pm, depending on traffic getting out of the DC area.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh well, it's off by one letter:

[​IMG]

19. bergbros

bergbros Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Galloway
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One letter? WTF are you smoking, Petyor?

21. BeMassiveSoccer

Jul 27, 2007
    Relegation Zone
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think he means it's one letter off of Gino.

22. onurx10

onurx10 New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Ashville, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have a number to make reservations?

23. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's weird with Crown Plaza. They have the rooms booked up under CSU/HSH's name but they rather just have a guest list then individuals calling in and booking rooms. What they asked of us was a list of CC #'s and names for the rooms but neither Kevin or I felt comfortable doing that. So we will organize the rooms based on peoples requests then when we arrive at the hotel that night the rooms will be put into those persons CC#.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. Look how massive Gino's steak is:

[​IMG]

(I think it was Pat's I went to many years ago, but I can't remember. The rivalry between Pat's and Gino's is semi-famous within Philadelphia. People who work at one place won't even acknowledge the other.)

25. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mein Gott im Himmel, die gut aussieht!!