Crew/NJ...check your tape

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Interested in your opinion on review what you thought of McBrides attitude as soon as we scored our second real goal. the assist by Cunningham.. A beautiful goal all around. West had his best night ever.

notice...he immediately puts his hands BEHIND his head. Not a sign of happiness. This was the goal that won our match.

I always thought that move was a sign of frustration. From everyone I see play and do that move...it's frustration. Certainly not jubliant.

Just thought it was odd. Considered he may be too tired to celebrate...but he never got tired in the World Cup. Theory conspiracy here.

2. Adrian

Adrian Member

Columbus Crew
    England
    May 9, 1999
    Plain City, OH, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's your theory then?

3. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Usually people put their hands behind their head out of disgust or out of relief. Without seeing his expression, you can't say one way or another. But I would bet on the later.

Glad to see Jeff score one of the four golden chances. Glad to see Martino and Oughton revamp the midfield. Glad to see Maze and West showing up inside the 18. Glad to see a shot from 25 yards out (Oughton). Glad to see 3 points while DC and Chicago play their second 0-0 piece of crap in two weeks.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Elizabeth, good call. I saw that too and I thought, "well thats odd..." and then I finished my beer. I won't read too much into it now cause I am too damn happy about the win. And I like beer.

5. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    amen to that.

6. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone in Columbus get me a copy of the match before i go back to England on August 4'th?

I'd love a copy.

7. CrazyF.C.

CrazyF.C. New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Washington D.C.
    I thought he had 3 "goldeng" choices, when was the fourth, dga?

8. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    1. Three minutes or so after our PK, the camera was doing something else and we saw him miss wide left and put his arms to his face. Later on they showed the whole play where he dropped Howard with a beautiful fake, then missed the open net. No wonder he covered his face afterwards.

2. The goal.

3. West backheels and he beats the defender to go in on Howard from about the same place Maze took his shot late in the half. Maze forced a save; Jeff hit a policeman in the face.

4. Jeff went through and ended on the touchline. With no angle and two yards from Howard, he decided to shoot instead of looking for the trailer and put it right inot his chest. I think we ended with a corner kick on that one.

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny, cause I thought that was the least likely to go in off all his shots. But, he hit it inch-perfect, which is why it's so frustratilng when he's deeking Howard onto his ass and then shanking the shot into the crowd.

10. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funniest sh!t EVER!!! We were complaining because the shot had NO chance at goal. It wasn't until we saw the policeman get clocked that we realize why Jeff put the ball so far out of bounds.

My question is now this: Is MLS going to get sued by the FOP for one of their members getting nailed by an "errant" soccer ball?

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's on TW Channel 24 tonight again at 9 PM.

12. CrazyF.C.

CrazyF.C. New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Washington D.C.
    I guess I missed this one. I dont know how... maybe I'm just recalling it diffferntly.

13. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Miss it as we were driving back from New York that day. Anyone have a copy?