Crew attendance

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by catfish9, Apr 26, 2017.

1. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuff like this really bugs me. It takes little to no effort to make sure that staff is knowledgeable about a promotion. When this happens, or when they run promotions but they're only available in certain, inconvenient areas, I can't help but wonder whether event day staff managers are terrible or if they're trying to be intentionally difficult.

CrewV Man repped this.
  2. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the loss to Atlanta on Saturday, there were two families in the parking lot who had such a great time. The kids did not care that the Crew lost, just that it was exciting. They also loved the fireworks. One family agreed they are going to do this as fireworks every year. The other family got there kids so excited that they were going to find tickets to another game this year.

It was such a huge contrast to how I was feeling (pissed and upset), that it really stunned me. But these are the causal fans. They just want to have a good time and that is not always related to team performance.

For some reason it reminded me that I first really started loving the Nordecke for the "Where's your Spice Boy?" chant for an LA game. The chanting and singing is great but that was smart and funny and relevant.

Robbiegoal repped this.
  3. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Pam" in section 104/105 has only one purpose it seems.... to stop you from throwing your trash away in the garbage can that is at the bottom of the stairs in the field seats area. In all the years I've sat there, I never had a problem with Scot or any of the other ushers they've put there. But on multiple occasions she would pretty much run across the platform to stop me from descending those sacred stairs. One time, she stopped me, I protested I wanted to throw my gum away (you know, vs putting it on the underside of my seat) and she literally stuck her hand out. So I literally put my hand in my mouth, pulled out my wad of Trident, stuck it in her hand, turned around and walked back to my seat. Great experience there.

On the All You Can Eat tickets, I had a similar but not the same experience. Ordered 4 tickets for my nieces and guests on Friday from Ticketbastard. Only option I was given at checkout was Will Call. So that's what I did. We finish up our tailgate, walk up to WC, I get the tickets, hand them out to my nieces/guests and we walk to the gates. I go through, my buddy goes through, and they get stopped. Turns out, the ticket office only gave me the vouchers, and not the actual tickets. They were trying to gain entry with the vouchers. Naturally, ticket takers stopped them. I had to run over to Guest Services, explain my situation to three different people.... after about 5 mintues, they were able to print me the actual tickets. I asked if I screwed up or what happened. Dude said the ticket office was supposed to print those in the morning when they printed the vouchers but didn't. I was furious as I walked/jogged away. Minor League Bullshit like that shouldn't happen.

4. Zips15

Zips15 Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    You would think if all the other forces of the league are against you (smaller market, outdated stadium, lack of fan growth, etc.) you would make it that much more of a priority to ensure the people you do have showing up have an exceptional. Set some freaking standards.

Robbo Crewfan and TRUJDUB repped this.
  5. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I thought the ushers were there to make me put put all my concessions on the dirty concrete to free a hand to dig my ticket out of my pocket to prove that I'm in the right section.

west ham sandwich repped this.
  6. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Crew draw a lot better than this opening match of the Gold Cup.

Why did no one show up in NJ to watch Canada v. French Guiana?

If there are 1000 people there, I'd be shocked.

7. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are so few people there that you can hear the peanut vendors.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  8. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That horn you hear is from a taxi outside

9. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weather.

10. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

11. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada vs. French Guiana? Never heard of either.

If these tickets were free, I'm not sure I'd head to Crew Stadium to watch that.

TRUJDUB and Draghignazzo repped this.
  12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch?? There's been some nasty summer storms lately. The same storm stopped the FC Cincy-Rowdies game for 90 min earlier in the week.

And it was a double-header with Costa Rica vs Honduras, and their fans usually travel well.

13. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honduras and Costa Rica fans didn't show up because they don't give a shit about Canada or French Guiana. Simple as.

Just like when nobody will show up to see Panama v Martinique in Cleveland when the US plays Nicaragua (though I might actually, I'd like to see Panama).

Draghignazzo repped this.
  14. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do some Central American scouting for Gregg!

15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear there is one really promising attacking Panamanian player who is an attacking midfielder that's played in their youth teams all the way up to the senior national team, has a couple of caps. Is only 20 years old. Maybe GB should take a look at him. His name is Cristian Martinez or something like that...

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You'd think the supervisors would gather their people before gates open and have a quick meeting about where different events were. If a guest said a certain buzzword, the employee would know where to send them. "If someone mentions the Acura event, that's the VIP terrace. If they mention OSU day, that's the stadium club."

The supervisors did some of that stuff back in 2000, but it dropped off a few years later.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A free ticket to slag on Canadian "bacon" for 90 minutes? You might get a good portion of the Nordecke there.

Same thing with Panama. I love the "You're just a song by Van Halen" chant.

kgilbert78 and Draghignazzo repped this.
  18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I once went up to Westerville N to see Canada vs Italy in a women's match.... Might have been U-20 World Cup..... So I'm game for almost anything soccer at the right price.

19. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  21. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not until I get paper copy next Friday. Have work subscription but I share with others and I think someone else is getting behind paywall online.

22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crew has shit attendance. Is more info needed?

23. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guessing attendance before its announced. I'll say its between 8,000-9,000.

24. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way off.... every season ticket plus the Greman fans = Attendance of 11,301 :rolleyes:

25. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    How much was parking?