Creatine?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by scu_broncos, Jul 30, 2002.

1. scu_broncos

scu_broncos New Member

Mar 10, 2002
    South Dakota
    Do you guys know anything about creatine? Should people take it? Does it even do anything?

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    every person reacts differently to the stuff...

my brother is a boby builder and took the stuff for years...he doesnt take it anymore, but takes other supplement stuff in its place. not sure why he stopped but hell, he is 6'-1" and weighs 240, i dont think he really needs it anymore.

my roommate took the crap in college and it made him really ill during the time he took it. he was constantly gettin sick to his stomach and therefore he stopped taking it.

3. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
  4. collison

collison New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    i'd have to say dont take creatine cuz alot of people say it has no long term side effects but its basically proven it messes up the kidneys. so i dont take it but if u still want to take it get like cell tech dont get the monohydrate that stuff is outdated.
    just take like protein thats all i take and a multivitamin a day and u should be fine.

5. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you take it, make sure you drink about a 5 gallon water a day because the junk will dehydrate the hell out of you.

thanks

6. miasman1

miasman1 New Member

And if you take the anti-depressant Prozac, Sarafem, or fluoxetine, DO NOT take creatine, as Prozac will elevate levels of creatine phosphokinase, one of the metabolites of creatine in certain people.

7. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    I took it for a while...gained about 15lbs in no time, though mostly water retention...about 7lbs of that 15 was pure muscle. Make sure you drink water all day long and especially drink water if you're gonna be outside playing or at practice. The hardest part of taking the stuff is that it fills you up...so eating is pretty tough. But once you get past the loading phase...its not too bad.

Be sure you go to that website that was posted up and read thoroughly on the stuff. Don't ever put anything, whether it be a vitamin or protein powder, in your body before you know exactly whats going to happen.