Craft Beer Fest 4/29

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kryptonite, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of those ticket options normally for single/group ticket options, but the FO has finally heard us. From an email:

"As a new benefit for the 2017 season, we have added Season Ticket Member pricing for some of our promotional offers. Our Craft Beer Festival is coming up on 4/29 and will take place pre-match in the Stadium Club Tent. The Season Ticket Member price is $15/beer festival voucher and includes 10 samples from our brewery partners. You can add on as many $15 vouchers as you have Season Ticket Memberships. Vouchers will be available for pick up at will call on match day only!"

2. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Peter, you need to pay for it so not sure if it applies to you. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

3. Salacious Bum

Salacious Bum Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What is the price for non-season ticket holders? Anyone go last year...worth it?

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only drawback is that it is likely that all 10 samples will all taste like IPAs

Grouchy, puttputtfc, Kyle Crew and 4 others repped this.
  5. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    It was "okay". I believe there was like 8 breweries and each had 2-4 beers each. We got to the tent late so we didn't use all the tickets at first but went back during half time to finish them off. I vaguely remember you could pay cash for a full beer as well during halftime but I could be wrong.

I don't remember the selection being very impressive...most of the breweries brought pretty common offerings...normally I would seek out at least 1 or 2 things I haven't tried before.

We said next time we would be better off doing the "everyone brings a 6 pack to the tailgate" and doing our own beer tasting.

Salacious Bum repped this.
  6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, if the paycheck pays for it, *technically* the employer is paying for such...

7. markxinger

markxinger Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Gahanna, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key questions:
    What are the beer choices?
    How big are the samples?

Does anybody know? I don't want a choice of various IPAs either. How do young hipsters drink that stuff?

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you answered your own question.

9. Salacious Bum

Salacious Bum Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Slightly off topic, and apologies because I know it's been asked often before - do any bars still offer shuttle service to the games?

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a craft lager at Flatiron last night pre-game. Tasted like an IPA. I rest my case.

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than Fado, were there any others?

12. Salacious Bum

Salacious Bum Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Good question. I have a vague recollection of a couple of them doing shuttles a few years back but I just can't quite remember...

Which is probably a good indication that I don't really need to be hanging out in bars or at beer fests anymore.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The last shuttle I remember was around 08 and maybe a few years after. The one left Keegan's, stopped at Fado and then went to the stadium. I think they did a bus a few years after that.

I know various SGs have looked into one from wherever HSH would pregame, stopping at 4th and then on to the stadium. For various reasons, this bus never has happened.

I believe OSU runs a shuttle from campus, but that's for students.

Salacious Bum repped this.