Coyle is out

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by SouthTex, May 25, 2016.

1. Bradford 10

Bradford 10 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I tried to get you to elaborate on that the last time you said it. Where was he developed then? The Dynamo sure like to say he is a Dynamo Academy product.

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A side benefit. He was brought in to develop Academy kids into pros Luca, Memo and Charly will learn so much from him. If theyre going to be MLS ready hell get them there.

3. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Standout candidate?!?

LMAO

[​IMG]

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    He was practicing with the first team before the Dynamo Academy was ever formed. They started the Academy and I don't believe he played with the Academy that often if at all.

Bradford 10 repped this.
  5. Bradford 10

Bradford 10 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thank's for that, I never heard the back story. Dynamo sure like to sell the other version.

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh I don't hold it against them as much as others. Very different times back then and the rules around Academy players were loose and changed often. Now if they (or anyone else) tried that these days...

7. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

The issue though is how do you compensate a professional trainer if the kids aren't paying for it. I don't believe the Dynamo are pay to play but just about everyone else is and for most if not all of these trainers, it's their livelihood. Some of these programs are academy programs as well as your local clubs.

My issue goes to the point that many times, money is the driver rather than the actual development.

I think one of the other issues is the politics of the game down to the grassroots level.

Don't mean to rehash old discussions but whatever the Dynamo are doing, it probably needs some improvement if you're simply judging them based on players that have gone on the first team play.

8. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The clubs will have to invest in the players like they do in the rest of the world.

Of course you'll still have the expensive travel clubs to feed the colleges, and you can get your work horse players to fill the pro roster, but your gems will likely be the kids that learned the most important fundamentals from Dads, and brothers at 4-5 years old, and then developed in the academy for free, of a professional club over the course of many years.

Players like Gerrard, Ronaldo, and similar signed contracts while 8-9 years old for their clubs.

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Itd help if MLS started handling transfer fees more equitably...

Heft repped this.
  10. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well there are certain things that might be unexplained which are characterized as being coincidences. But I kind of go for that old saying about not jumping ship unless you are certain there's a life raft available.

Without jumping to conclusions, I'd opine that the below graphic illustrates either a preconceived plan that was known by all parties, deception by one party, or just plain good luck and coincidence. I'll leave it to the viewer to decide.

[​IMG]

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe all of the Dynamo just "being unlucky" during the Coyle tenure magically reversed itself all at once!

12. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would also help if they treated all of the clubs equally as well.

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  13. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care what his reasons were for leaving. Everyone saw the writing on the wall and its better to rip it off now than drag this thing on.

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  14. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Can't believe I've seen zero posts about Barrett being named interim for the remainder of the season. What's going on with this place?

15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There's a whole thread dedicated to it.

DynamoManiac and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  16. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hmm, don't see one. Was it started by somebody I've blocked?

Edit: Yep, that's why I couldn't see it. If you block someone and they create a post, you can't see it.

Heft repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can probably guess at the tone of the content posted by that threadstarter

El Naranja and Heft repped this.
  18. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Just a quick update on this winner:

His Blackburn team has lost all 3 of their Championship matches thus far and sit in last place in the table, with 2 goals scored and 9 (!) against.

Glad he's still himself. Carry on!

7seven7 and *rey* repped this.
  19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Naranja, Heft, ImaPuppy and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Norbet Rasragr

Norbet Rasragr New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Evening all.

I am a Blackburn fan who was on this site a lot many years ago as Doctor Stamen. Anyway, as you all know he has moved to Blackburn Rovers recently and you seem all clued up that it's not going to well. This is no surprise as for one, Owen Coyle is a s--t manager, a moron and an ex-Dingle for good measure. We were all vomiting with anger when he was appointed, as he has been sussed as a tool in England for many years. There are wider issues regarding our ownership, and who really runs Blackburn Rovers FC that someone could do a dissertation for a PhD on, so I'll give you a very brief summary.

Owen Coyle was once represented by an agency called SEM which was run by a certain Jerome Anderson. After a few years of trying to sell the club, the Walker Trust, set up by the late Jack Walker who made the club into Premier League champions hired Agent Anderson in order to help facilitate a sale. The club was sold to Venky's, a company owned by the Rao family in India. Soon afterwards the manager Sam Allardyce was sacked and replaced by a coach (Steve Kean) whose agent was.........Jerome Anderson. After 6 years of utterly shambolic mismanagement, many mangers coming and going, and even more players we reach this summer. The British bookies had all sort of names up there, Alan Stubbs, Neil Warnock.......and then we suddenly hear Owen Coyle, who was not exactly leading your esteemed club to glory was more or less confirmed. He then came in and proceeded to do a pretty bad job. Our players are unfit, unmotivated (see Shane Duffy's deliberate performance against Cardiff City recently) and disorganised.

So, your club has been relieved of oppression because my club is still run by nefarious, shadowy evildoers who decided that their interests were better served in the English leagues. There are documents relating to how Blackburn Rovers are part of a system as corrupt as FIFA, and how the club all slots into a broader cesspit but I do not have the recently leaked documents that are doing the rounds right now. All sorts of rules being broken whilst the English FA look the other way.

El Naranja, ImaPuppy, 7seven7 and 7 others repped this.
  21. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I think Coyle is a crap manager, but being rigorously analytical here, he had 11 pts from 12 games, and Barrett has 10 points from 11 games. If Barrett goes to SJ and only churns out his standard point, it's literally the same points haul from the same amount of games managed. If he doesn't, he's a point worse. Only way he's an improvement is go there and win. [Criticism aside, I would like a win from the rivalry game.]

Cannetti is pushing stability but if I average out the Coyle roller coaster (.92 ppg) and the Barrett flatline (.91 ppg) it gets me basically the same place. I don't want "stable" I want "more." I worry some of the KoyleKicking is used to make Barrett look better when that's more the aesthetics of ties versus mixed wins and losses leaning losses. I kind of like wins so I am unenthused. The cold stats of ppg and table position and 1 league win have yet to show Barrett is superior in a way we need to make permanent. It actually suggests he has his own issues. If he can't coax more points from us and is basically only as good as the roster provided him, he's not that great a coach.

22. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Yeah.

Though Barrett was handed a mess, and stability would seem a worthy goal, Houston should be ambitious.

Barrett has proven he's worth a raise and more respect/opportunities around the club. He's improved his own market value. But he's hardly owed the job, and I'm afraid the Dynamo will hand him the reins simply because, like their progenitors (my Quakes), they're anything but ambitious.

7seven7 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  23. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    It's interesting you mention the Quakes because they are the only other MLS West team to not make the playoffs or be in playoff position now, going back to roughly 2013. Us and them. I don't think some fans around here realize the implications of a team in a parity league being shutout of the playoffs year after year like this. 60% of the league makes it.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  24. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The implications won't affect my overall life. Why have a stroke over something you can't control LOL

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Fair enough, and I'll just flip the channel or watch off DVR a few days after the game. But taken to the nth degree this response basically eats the point of Big Soccer or any of us posting.