Cowardly attack on female official

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by 'appy Addick, May 6, 2011.

1. 'appy Addick

'appy Addick New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypOu81UNGFI&feature=related"]YouTube - Kevin McNaughton murders Sian Massey[/ame]

Kevin McNaughton is the name, Cardiff City is the team.

This cheap, cowardly shot at female assistant referee Sian Massey took place in the game between Cardiff and Middlesbrough on 2 May 2011.

It's quite clear that it was a deliberate attack on a girl half his size. What sort of man is he..? Not a very big or brave one, I'd say. Is this what football is sinking to..? Because some of us don't like females in the game, we resort to taking petty, cheap, snidey pot shots at them in some warped form of intimidation, hoping to scare them away..?

I think her response is admirable though. She laughs at the incident, gets up and gets on with her job, as if to say "Is that the best you've got, mate..?" And I'm with her on that.... Is that all you've got, Kevin McNaughton..?

There might not be much of this girl in terms of size, but she's ten times bigger than the petulant, infantile little man who thinks its big to hit on girls.

Kevin McNaughton is a disgrace to our gender. Then again, for a journeyman player like him getting your image on youtube for hitting on a girl is probably about the only thing he'll be remembered in the game for.

I wonder what his kids think of him..?

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Not 100% that he intended to do it. However, he should have checked she was ok. Also she took it very well and just got on with it.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was deliberate, watch again, he gets nudged off balance and then makes an effort to shoulder barge her, disgrace.

4. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    What a pig. He totally intended to do it. He obviously gots problems. Loser.

5. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I can't believe I'm defending a Cardiff player, but there's no way he did that deliberately. He's just won the ball and it's gone in that direction, he's just making an effort to run after it and she happens to be in the way.

6. Chris Brookes

Chris Brookes New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Whether he meant to do it or not it doesn't take much to apologise!

7. RedBulls225

RedBulls225 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The first few times I watched this I thought it was deliberate. But you have to notice where the ball went. It is still in play and he was chasing after it. She was in his way. Sure maybe he should've apologized but in no way was he trying to attack her. I'm with JackBastard on this one.

8. harvey0998

harvey0998 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    I dont think he intended to send her flying but what an ignorant bloke not to even see if she's ok.

9. JohnClement

JohnClement Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    This lady was on the Line at a Derby County match -thought she was excellent, please can we have more women officials and can she be in the Premship where the standard of limesmanship is so abysmal. Problem is referees are very sexist and self protectionist so there is a lot of blatant discrimination against women in the system. The FA shoould be ashamed.

10. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    It seems clear that he was going really fast and could not avoid running into either the ref of the camera. Out of the two he chose the ref...and it was a more prudent choice. I wouldn't read too much into it. The ref didn't either.

11. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Wow, just saw this flash-from-the-past. You're fairly mental, it has to be said, Mr Addick.