Coutinho - the boy from Brazil! Wax lyrical here...(off to Barca)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by revelationx, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    32. How old are you? When are you going to move out of your mother's basement and get a job? Your shit is tired and you spout the same stuff over and over to get a rise out everyone. And look, it worked! I'm the moron for responding to you. You're just a troll, as I alluded to. That's it.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    And so eloquent ...

Incidentally I posted the same comment about Coutinho in the Barcelona thread at the same time - which kinda proves that it was a simple observation .

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You think I'm trolling my own team thread then ??

5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we don't understand why you persist in posting here. 4 or 5 years ago, i posted something on the Arsenal board. it was pretty innocuous in my opinion. i wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. it was just an observation from a football fan ( who, incidentally, took the Tube up to Highbury in 1995 in July, having read Fever Pitch. i wasn't yet a Liverpool supporter. ). i got slagged by 4 or 5 of the Arsenal supporters. i haven't gone back.

Take a hint, boyo.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Thing is Barca is my team but I've liked Liverpool for as long as I can remember from the days they were so dominant . Doesn't that allow me to post on Liverpool themed threads , I have never said one bad thing against Liverpool which is why I find all this animosity so puzzling !

7. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club you support is trying to grab one of Liverpool's most valuable assets and you don't seem to get it that anything other than condemnation of that tactic is unacceptable.

When I told you I got slagged for an innocuous visit to the Arsenal board, how did you not understand the basic message?

Stop trying to justify yourself.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you keep saying this and that's fine. But then you tell us you think Coutinho is crying and doesn't want to be here - this to Liverpool fans - and justify it by saying well I also posted the same thing on the Barcelona boards (the team you mainly support and the team that wanted Coutinho) - guessing their reaction was a bit different.

How about this - if you are really a Liverpool supporter as a second team - stop posting about Coutinho/this thread.

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It's just business , just like the van Dijk affair ...

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So I have Liverpool as my EPL team and love Coutinho as a player but you're saying I shouldn't post in this thread !?

Makes no sense tbh

11. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by the same token, it makes no sense that you don't understand why your posting here isn't welcome.

and it isn't just business. it's rape.

the team you support lost maybe its most valuable asset, based on age. in response to that, that team comes a tries to spirit away another team's asset, and you claim to support the second team.

can't be done, boyo. you have to pick sides here.

12. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Right - it's just business...LFC have the player's signature and Barcelona doesn't...get over it.
    Nobody on this board that I know of is going to the Southampton board and saying how awful VvD feels about not being able to make his dream move to LFC.

FWIW - You are welcome to continue to post here, but you will continue to get some blunt remarks as long as you continue to tell us how bad Coutinho feels about "missing out on his chance of a lifetime".

Coutinho will come around - he's just been quoted about how he was attracted by a new job offer that didn't work out...it'll take him a few weeks of training with the squad, but he'll get back on his horse...

LiverpoolFanatic and speker repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That's good , I truly hope he does get his head right and get back to where he was for his and Liverpool's sake .

For what it's worth I am pretty certain he's not on our radar any more .. looks like we will be getting a new board and new president pretty soon and the expected new president has already earmarked Dybala as the next target .

14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  15. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if one of us were going to a Shampton board or thread and talking repeatedly about how sad we think he looks and how he's been denied his dream move and how he won't be the same player, how do you think that would play?

Please don't be obtuse, because it comes off as trolling.

He looks about as happy as anyone else dealing with Liverpool's poor run of results right now... there's no difference. The difference is your personal willingness to project misery onto him because you want/wanted him at your club. No one would be all smiles with the way LFC are playing. Let's see what happens when he bags a goal in CL group play. I'm sure you think he'll burst into tears at the sight of the ball going in the net.

16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “As I have always said, it is a great offer to receive an offer from such a great club like that but it is also a great honour being here.”

Look how miserable he sounds! How will he ever rebound at this cruel club that's denied a lifelong dream!

Imagine if Madrid had come in for him? Then he'd REALLY be sad... :rolleyes:

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  17. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't get a job as a head-shrink, whatever else you do ....
    ;)

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Promised I wouldn't comment on the little Brazilian genius any more as it's apparently classed as trolling when I offer an opinion on him ..

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy he sure looked upset celebrating his goals and assists with Firmino and Salah.

4 goals 3 assists in 7 matches so far. Poor guy.

CB-West repped this.
  21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Yeah - I feel for him - if his performances hadn't dropped like this he would be the Balloon D'or..................

23. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Probably supposed to be over 5 years, not per year ......

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    • Philippe Coutinho scored and created a goal against Southampton and now has 31 assists, the third highest number of assists for the Reds in Premier League history. Only Steven Gerrard (92) and Steve McManaman (58) have more than the Brazilian.

EruditeHobo and liverbird repped this.
  25. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States