Coutinho - the boy from Brazil! Wax lyrical here...(off to Barca)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by revelationx, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Are you still here? You've had more false exits than a James Brown concert.

SamScouse repped this.
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    see my previous post in this thread that explains why FSG took the action they did, scholesy.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He posted saying that Coutinho had previously said that Real Madrid were his dream club yet the same article showed that he actually liked Real Madrid AND Barcelona and even mentioned a player from each ...

I simply added the part he'd omitted from the article - hence the balance ..

If things like this are deemed as trolling or winding people up I'd say we're all in the wrong place .

Why can't we just post our thoughts and concerns and all get on ...

I'm actually a long time Barca fan but Liverpool are my fave British team ..... I don't really see what all the fuss is about .

4. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Old fashioned? We must be from different places.
    The values I associate with 'old fashioned' include the honoring of contracts/commitments and keeping your head down and working hard until your next move is confirmed - as opposed to throwing your toys out of the pram, feigning injury, and not reporting to work as scheduled.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  5. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Primary issue for PC moving to Barca is Barca is broke and can't afford him. Its why they didn't move for him early in the summer and he was happy to tell Klopp he wasn't moving. I agree the FSG statement wasn't necessary, but perhaps they were trying to put the thing to bed and stop the endless Barca BS. The deals Barca put on the table were laughable, so they tried to unsettle the player so we'd sell on the cheap.

Perhaps we'll sell in the future, perhaps we won't, but my guess is PC is ultimately going to be thankful he didn't move and become the poster boy for the decline of a once great club.

6. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel sorry for the lad because he got manipulated by people not looking out for his interests. Barca was desperate, so they played the now or never card, which wasn't fair on Phil or LFC. I'm sure they could have made a deal for next summer like we did with RBL if they had any competence about them, but they acted like spoiled little bitches and Phil was caught in the middle.

But, Phil was the one who decided to get in bed with Kia, so you can't feel that sorry for him.

7. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of it has to do with Neymar talking up the club for a long time but if he had some kind of yearning to play for Barca and his buddies were telling him to come join them, why would he sign a long term contract with LFC especially one without a "unless Barca comes for me" clause.

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    praising how great Barca is while planning to leave for more $$$$.

9. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably signed the deal because he knew Barca had no money to come in for him in the short term and if they were to come in, they'd do it with plenty of advance notice to allow the club to prepare for him to leave.

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

The problem with Barca and Real Madrid also stems from the way Press Pundits (everyone from Ian Wright-Right-Fvcking Wrong-Ian cuz he didn't "have to go" to Ray Hudson, etc keep getting on the bandwagon of, any player who gets the offer "has to go there".

This is bollix and wil ruin the game if not dismantled. Liverpool and FSG have taken a stance and a step in eroding this effin' nonsense.
    What's the point of having competitions at all if the best players are always going to be at a select two or three clubs???

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are alive!!

13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw - Scholesy - why do you hate FSG so much? It would be neat to get some inside information.

14. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp said to the team, "Welcome to 2 new players. Ox and Phil!"

It's an awkward situation, but Klopp is the perfect man to handle it. I'm sure Phil will have a great season.

CB-West repped this.
  15. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidently had a good attitude in training! Gee who could have predicted that... oh that's right, everyone.

Held out of City match which makes some sense both in terms of Phil's preparedness as well as PR stuff.

16. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I think the 130 mill player should've been in the squad and on the bench for a cameo....keeps the opposition on their toes

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed but I also think the 130 mil player who acts like a twat when he doesn't get his way (or allows his advisors to portray him as such) shouldn't get a free pass back into a huge league match right after the fact.

Wingtips1 and ScholesyLFC repped this.
  18. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't hate them at all.

19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad - it seemed like you didn't like them from some prior posts but I likely have misremembered and confused you with someone else.

Anyway - hope all is well

20. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Phil needs to be bent over Jürgen's knee and be paddled for his misbehavior. After that takes place, he will be allowed to return to the flock.

21. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh I think there is plenty to be critical about the current management, I just don't hate them. I could wax lyrical about whats wrong, I just think there isn't a point anymore.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sky just showed Coutinho in close-up , seconds before the Liverpool game kicked off . He starts today but he looked as though he was gonna burst into tears !!

Don't see him being the same player until he gets over missing out on the biggest chance of his career .

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-9-16_10-26-54.jpeg

24. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How old are you ?

Since when does expressing an opinion equate to trolling ?

He seems different is all I'm suggesting . I feel for the guy.