News: Coupe de France/Coupe de la ligue 2013-14

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Aug 6, 2013.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    their match against monaco will be played at gerland and i just got my ticket!

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    great match from OL last night. dodgy at the end but over 90' rien à dire.

the virage sud was closed (except for the sardine can)but in the VN we were packed in like, well, like sardines! i don't know how they managed it but the whole end was wildly overfull: my tix were for D (E and F were also supposed to be closed) but when i finally got through security (9 on the dot, but the match started 5 min early for TV) they were backed up almost to the toilets in C and D, E was packed... i made a beeline to A to be able to see and just in time: 10 minutes later there were people in the aisles all the way to the top. the virage chanted full bore all teh way across from A to F, something i'd never seen before. a royal experience!

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Exciting about seeing Falcao ?

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not likely, and not the horse he rode in on neither! toule and ludo of course... apparently abidal is injured or suspended.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #30 SportBoy333, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    I knew you would say that lol but come on you have to at least be glad he's playing in our league and not for a Real Madrid or Chelsea. I get where youre coming from but theres probably going to be a lot of people in the stands excited to see him and I dont think thats a bad thing. I know you want the underdog (Giulys team) to win and I understand. Giuly was my favorite player at Monaco and thats when I starting following French football. As much as Id like him to win Id love to see Monaco hoist the Coupe de France and shove it in the face of all the haters.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

The Marseilles sad season continues.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this is actually a blessing in disguise for them. they made sure to get the champions' league out of the way quickly, now that the domestic cups are taken care of they can concentrate on... well, whatever it is they want to concentrate on.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I may be off base here but it seems like instead of selling the club off to someone who can take it to the next level, the current heirarchy just wants to cling to the club like rats and continue to hold on for dear life and keep their jobs/positions. Selfishness over whats best for the club.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    PSG-OL is the Coupe de la Ligue final.

guignol and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the first time arnold was really useful. even his free kicks were pretty good.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If youre a Ligue 1 fan you want OL to win unless you think PSG can win the treble which would be cool.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG is champion. this is inescapable. but they're already out of the coupe de france, and despite all their talent i have a feeling their immaturity is going to get them kicked out of the CL on their ear.

i'll be curious to see what the SdF will be like. i half expect it to be for us.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #38 SportBoy333, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Yeah they did get kicked out of the coupe de france but they lost to a Ligue 1 team while other teams got to play lower division teams. Yeah PSG's B team should be able to beat Montpellier but they are still a legit Ligue 1 team while Lyon got to play a amateur team. Why is Lyon-Lens being play in Lyon and not Lens btw ?

I looked at the CDF last 16 and this club here appear to be the biggest outsider. Some obscure Corsican team I never heard of and they are playing Guingamp (not a heavyweight) in Corsica so there's a chance for another upset. Moulins and Sete outsiders too but Sete has a rich past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAIRM_Île-Rousse_Monticello

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Upset. Lens beat Lyon in the Coupe de France.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Quarter-finals

AS Cannes (CFA) - Guingamp (L1)
    Moulins AS (CFA) - Angers (L2)
    Monaco (L1) - Lens (L2)
    Rennes (L1) - Lille (L1)

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that sucked. even being there i have no idea how it happened.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i had a feeling something like this could happen.

a lot of the RCL fans live locally so didn't come and leave on the bus. i know a couple personally who were in JB, with jersey scarf and all, and no problemo (obviously they knew to stay out of the VN... where they occasionally come to watch OL). i saw a few others in the street before the match and the bantering was fairly good-natured. but celebrating until the wee hours was... unwise. in rue marcel meyrieux, irresponsible provocation (in vieux-lyon it might have been OK). and if, as i suspect, it was at the ninkasi, it was frigging suicidal. that's BG87 thirstquarters and if they were cheering their victory in there it's hard to avoid the suspicion they were looking for a fight.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Monaco 6-0 Lens. Lens arent ready for Ligue 1. :D Also Guingamp 2-0 Cannes. Monaco vs Guingmap in the semi finals.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    check this out Sportboy

SportBoy333 repped this.
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Next years's Champions Trophy in Bejing. Seems like a bad idea but PSG wins the league and if Monaco wins the French Cup then the Chinese get to see some stars.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    this past season's Trophee des Champs was in Gabon no? Looked liked a sell-out crowd, but probably because Poko was playing for Bordeaux.

Well.. all of those other big clubs usually tour Asia and for the most part sell-out instantaneously. I'm sure it was all about the $$$$ lol. Who doesn't wanna see Zlatan? :D

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rennes beat Lille 2-0. Rennes-Angers semi final.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    4:46 Prince Albert shaking hands with a smiling Hafiz Mamadov. Why he's smiling after his team is getting pounded I have no idea lol.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003