Could we learn something from Australia?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by CuriousGeorge.91, Jun 16, 2018.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could learn how to not win our first two matches

jaykoz3 repped this.
  2. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    They're performing way better than Italy and the Netherlands in Russia. The world football paradigm is shifting.

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, please, please tell me you are kind of saying that those teams wouldn't qualify from Asia!

yurch10 and Scotty repped this.
  4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I thought the Aussies were great the last two matches. Moooooy played too deep I guess trying to neutralize any Erikson runs but I wish he had pushed forward more. Oz was missing a single pass to off foot schmeichal and smash one home. They were cheeky, tough and broke with pace and skill. I'm sure there is nothing we can learn from them.

5. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It makes so much sense that France would field their best team in a warm up friendly and nit the opening World Cup match. Whatever the strength of your other arguments here, you damage your credibility with this statement.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, lets see one of the greatest plays ever.

1016036313357832192 is not a valid tweet id

skim172 repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that I'm right. Giroud and Matuidi started for France against the USA, as they did against Peru and Argentina (Matuidi was suspended for Uruguay, but Giroud started). Dembele and Tolisso started against AUS, who have only come off the bench otherwise in the WC. It is true, however, that Pavard and Hernandez, the outside backs that have started every other WC match, did not start against the US.

8. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never smile at one.

A crocodile that is. Vegemite is only dangerous if you have a heart condition.

9. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Crikey! Look at the size uh that crock!"

10. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm pretty sure vegemite is a massive prank that Australians play on tourists. They're all like, "Oh yeah, mate - this is our national dish. You better eat it or we'll be insulted." Then they film the reactions from a hidden camera and show it to each other and laugh and laugh.

It's like British people and "spotted dick." There's no real dish called "spotted dick". It's just a running contest among Brits to see how many foreigners they can get to accept and say that phrase without laughing. There's a big chart in Parliament where they keep tally of the points.

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We legitimately love vegemite. According to this graphic- I want to die- because that's how I eat it on toast! :)

[​IMG]

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  13. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In England the equivalent of Vegemite is called Marmite. Slightly different texture.

And Spotted Dick was on our school dinner (lunch) menu.

At football matches there's nothing better than a cup of hot Bovril to keep you warm, which is basically Marmite mixed with cows' innards.

14. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    #64 skim172, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Suuuuuuure. "Bovril", you call it. A beverage extracted from the viscera of cattle - and ya drink it. Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

You zany Brits and your antics. Next you'll be saying you bake kidney meat into a pie-crust and it's a beloved national staple!

15. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SO no this is kind of an old thread but couldn't let this go without a comment.

Yes this must be true because all I have heard this offseason on Liverpool media are Reds getting really excited about the possibility of paying 50 million plus to bring Mooy over from Huddersfield.

Oh wait I think that's someone else .... ummm tip of my tongue he plays for Dortmund you know who I mean right?

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  16. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Michael Bradley?

17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live kidney, especially deviled kidneys. Luvly grub!!