Could we just be clear on one thing?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's difficult for Democrats and the various netroots haters to get things like facts straight, so for their benefit, since apparently they've been too busy being "nuanced" and "intellectual" and "well read" to grasp it, let me spell it out:

Hezbollah is not an organization of Palestinians longing for a homeland, fighting for their rights under the brutal heel of Israeli occupation of their ancestral homes, or any other such absurd left wing construct.

Hezbollah is a Shiite muslim terrorist movement. They are not Palestinian, and their enemy is not "Zionism" which is the fig leaf Islamofacists use to avoid admitting that they're antisemites.

They are there for one purpose: to kill Jews. They have no claim to a Palestinian homeland or to peaceful farmland in Judea. Their ancestors never lived there. They are not refugees.

They exist to wage war on Jews. They have no other purpose.

So what, exactly, do you "negotiate" about with them?

2. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Probably seasons and bag limits.

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Bill, I would add one thing to this.

And that is they are a Shiite mulism terrorist movement disguised as a social service organization, with an agenda to spread an ideological doctrine of fundamentalist facism.

I have been watching CNN pretty faithfully over the last few days, and you know, I have to give Anderson Cooper some credit. He was in South Beirut, being shepherded around by some Hezbollah PR guys (yes Hezbollah has a PR wing) and they proceed to stage a bunch of ambulances driving down the street sirens blaring. Cooper did say that the Ambulances weren't going anywhere...they were just driving around for good video shots.

I think most of the world is wise to these Hezbollah crackpots. They know their strategy is to intemingle themselves amongst civilians, get those civilians killed by Israelis, and then broadcast to the world about those big bad Zionists, even as they launch weapons that are SOLELY designed for terror and to kill civilians.

4. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Here's an overview of Andersen Cooper's report:

I don't think that Karl is completely right that the world is wise to the spin. I think that the world is getting wise to the spin.

For your entertainment: Pallywood!

5. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Even if they are wise to the spin it doesn’t matter, because the world hates Israel.

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Thanks for that link.

I have some new-found respect for Anderson Cooper after that report.

Hezbollah is such an insidious organization not because it is a terrorist organization -- if it were just that, this would all be simple -- but because it is so skillful tactically and it is so capable of media and opinion manipulation. It insinuates itself as part of the "normal" fabric of life, but with an agenda that is simply downright evil.

Nasrallah makes Bin Laden and al Zawahiri look like klutzes.

And so everytime someone in the media, or in lefty politics, starts using the phrase "disproportionate" response when it comes to Israel, or when the West is tripping all over themselves getting anguished about the violence, it's another positive tick mark in Hezbollah's ledger.

For Israel, it's a race against time. They need to do as much damage to Hezbollah as possible, as fast as they can, before the weight of world opinon, manipulated by Hezbollah and lapped up the naive peaceniks and lefties, makes it impossible for them to continue.

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd only add that, for example, all those "schools" that Hezbollah has built are financed,by Iran, who also directs the curriculum and supplies the books and materials.

You suppose some Arabic version of "Dick and Jane" makes the reading list?

Well, maybe, but in thier version Dick beats Jane daily for wearing nailpolish before going off to work at the "Death to Jews and Americans Suicide Belt Factory.

Here's a take on what President Chimpy McStupid is trying to accomplish:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2E0MzY2NTJiOGViNjRlNWY1ZGU4NThmNjg5M2Y5ZTA=

8. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000

9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kucinich veted "present" becasue Grandfather Twilight told him to.

Waters is simply insane. Have you ever heard that woman speak?

What's interesting is that Cynthia McKinney, who surely would have voted with the Demo 7 (her father famoulsly told reporters that the reason she lost her seat in 2002 was "The Jews") was absent that day, as she is much of the time.

All in all, a really distinguished list there, one to make any democrat proud.

10. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So where is the Firing Squad to execute the seditious traitors?

11. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    "Disproportionate" response is how you win a war.

12. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Looks like the 'disproportionate response' was any response at all.

Looks like the Hez need to go to plan 'B'.

Oh and it seems that Sadr from Iraq may be sending the Hez some troops of his to help kill Jews. Not that those guys are any good, but if Israel can kill them before the Marines can, all the better.

13. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Let me tell you something, John Conyers is the worst congressman in America. No one outside his district likes him. In fact, everyone in Michigan who doesn't live in Detroit hates him, even the liberals. He's also being investigated for campaign irregularities. Firing squad would be fine for him.

14. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Yeah, but you'd have to cross a pretty high threshhold to be worse than Maxine Waters.

One guy who bugs the hell out me is that pencil-necked Anthony Wiener from New York. That guy's head is like a balloon on a string.

15. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eleanor Holmes Norton...

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McKinney is clearly a nutjob. There's just no denying it. She's out of her mind and frankly just a really stupid person.

Jim McDermott is a traitor. Seattle must be very proud.

Conyers is a con man, an old-style race-baiting piece of shit.

For some reason though, the guy I always feel like punching is Jerry Nadler. That fat faced little weasel just makes my skin crawl.

That Kennedy kid is an embarassment too.

17. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a scathing commentary against her this morning on WTOP. Plotkin went after her for sending out a press release noting that the path had cleared for DC to get a vote in Congress or some such thing, when in fact, that hadn't occurred, the path wasn't cleared, and there may not ever be a vote on clearing said path. As far as their normal daily commentaries go, it was pretty rough.

18. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Ever feel like putting a grappling hook into Henry Waxman's nostrils?

19. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    If any of you think anyone is worse than Conyers you should just go to the politics forum right now and hang out with them because I thought this forum was for serious discussion.

20. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Mentioning DC statehood is a sure way to set Plotkin off. He's extremely passionate about the issue. I remember the Op-Ed he wrote for the Post when the Expos were moving to town and everyone was debating their name. His caustic one-lineer was, "You can't name them the Senators, because you're not allowed to name a team for something you can't vote for."

A certain WTOP sports personality once told me that they start talking about how to ensure DC statehood stays denied to set Plotkin off.

Sachin

21. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Statehood for the Distict is a joke! You can't bestow statehood on a corrupt municipality...

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never understood the complaint, except in political terms, ie. "the democrats want another guaranteed seat in Congress"

In that respect, it's like Hillary! and her plaintive pleas on behalf of votes for convicted felons: she wouldn't give a fig about changing the law so convicts could vote if the ex-con-demographic didn't lean about 90% democrat.

Otherwise, the whole argument reminds me of people who buy houses 100 yards from an airport runway and then gin up demonstartions and petitions complaining about the noise. The only possible argument - "I had no idea that four engine passenger jets made noise when they take off" - only makes you sound like an idiot.

Same deal with DC. Nobody rounded up the residents and forced them at gunpoint to domicile in DC. They chose to live there. And everyone knows that the US COnstitution says that the capital district will not be represented in Congress.

So moving into a home in an area you know perfectly well has no Congressman and then complaining that you're not represented in COngress is simply absurd.

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    ITN: DC is a lot better run than places that actually do have a vote, like Chocolate City, for example.

Bill: The case for DC voting rests on a critical point. Namely, there is a difference between Washington and the District of Columbia. The District is the seat of government, but the City of Washington is not. There have been multiple jurisdictions within the District in the past. For example, Georgetown was a separate city until the 1870s.

Washington residents do deserve the franchise. It is immoral and unconsciable that a group of Americans do not have the right to vote because of where they live. Personally, I would love to see the Republicans find a way to extend voting rights to Washington residents, simply because it is the right thing to do.

24. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I say fold them into Massachusetts. It could be like Pakistan after the partition.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Washington as Bangladesh has a certain poetry to it.