Could there possibly be someone with SO MUCH POWER at our club?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi All Juventus Fans,
    I have been following the news for a LONG time on what has been happening with Juventus in the past 6 years, and to be honest there is a lot of stuff going on that have made me really suspicious. I kind of have a strong feeling that there could be someone in a very high position with a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF POWER at our club, that many players, coaches, and other staff are finding that person extremely hard to deal with.

First of all this speculation has started with Conte resigning suddenly in 2014. I was extremely suspicious about Conte's departure, as first of all he seemed to be doing really well and moving forward with the project, despite our early exit in Europe that season. Second of all the departure was quite sudden. There were no rumors or even statements about it at all until the moment it happened. He stated that the club could not get the players he wanted, but for all of that to be quite sudden and the fact that the club couldn't at least fulfill some of Conte's wishes says something.

Then next season Pirlo & Tevez left on good terms, but Vidal's departure again made me suspicious. He said before he left that his whole heart was with Juventus, and that he could end his career with us. And the Pirlo & Tevez rumors were going on for a while, so its probably not like Vidal didn't know they were leaving and decided to leave for that reason. Remember when Vidal got drunk and did some illegal activity during the Copa America? Most clubs usually back their players up, but I have a feeling that person in HUGE POWER could have got extremely angry and either forced Vidal to leave or possibly was just very stubborn and Vidal didn't want to deal with him. It is true that Bayern were probably better than us but not by much, and we went further than Bayern in the UCL, and the reason Vidal said about leaving because he wanted to win the UCL sounded a little odd.

Allegri seemed to ask for an attacking midfielder that year as well, and he wasn't given it. Marotta kind of fu***d up with transfers that season a little, and with Draxler about to come but we lost him in the last minute. I have a feeling this might not be Marotta's fault all the way. The way things happened makes me think that Marotta wanted to sign him much earlier but whoever this powerful person is, refused to pay that much. Also when you look at a lot of clubs like: Chelsea, Bayern, Man Utd, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, and many others, the coaches have a good say in transfers and talk about players they went. Here at Juve, it seems the coaches have no right to transfers, which just again gives me the impression that there is likely someone with SO MUCH POWER that is hard to deal with.

Then this season a similar thing happened with Pogba as what happened with Vidal last season. Pogba even told Dybala and Buffon that he was staying, and Marotta claimed that he didn't want to leave early in the season. Allegri also seemed quite shocked about Pogba's departure. A lot of us on here say its because of money, but I think there is probably something else to it. Pogba said he hated Man Utd and it was frustrating, and that Juve was the club of his heart because we put our confidence in him. Also Marotta said he didn't plan on Pogba leaving. So this makes me thing again that there is likely someone with RIDICULOUS POWER that Pogba was finding it extremely difficult to deal with, and he really didn't want more to do with him. He seemed to love his team and players, and not only did he not leave, but he went to his old club where he claimed to have hated and they aren't even in the UCL. It gives me the impression that that was the only option for him, and he really couldn't handle our club anymore probably because of this person with power.

Then again how Marotta screwed up with Witsel this season, and also I forgot to mention the way Coman left as well. I honestly think playing time was not the only factor for him, as he said he was really frustrated with us.

Lastly a number of ITALIAN players and coaches, that have played and coached overseas in different leagues, have said that they don't want to come back to Italy specifically Juventus. Juventus is really the only club in Italy that is on par with the other big clubs. The fact that Ancelotti has stated many times that he has no plan to come back, and also how Verratti didn't want to come at all. We are still wondering about Berardi, but he seems not so keen on coming. Also how Zaza seemed to be forced out some way. This is really worrying, and players might be a little understandable but coaches to really make me think there is something suspicious going on. I remember Materazzi as well said he never wants to come here to coach at one point.

One more thing: The whole story with Lichtsteiner as well this season, about rumors saying he demanded a move to Inter, and if that was true its probably because of this person in power, as he seems to be working hard here and is a good player on his day. I honestly don't see any other reason at this rate where any Juve player would want to go to Inter out of all clubs. And the fact that he was left out of the UCL squad, maybe Allegri was forced to leave him out by the club, and Allegri wasn't necessarily happy with that.

Sorry for the long post, you can skim through it maybe if you don't want to read all of this, but putting all of this together, really makes me wonder. I am extremely suspicious that there is someone at our club in an extremely high position with a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF POWER that wants a lot of things if not everything his own way, and many people are finding it extremely difficult to deal with that person.

Has anyone else thought of this? Does anyone agree with me that this is possible after reading what I wrote?

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh and another thing I forgot to mention is how we refused Dybala for the olympics, and how Bonucci was suspended for the Coppa final and how we wouldn't let him go and train with the national team early.

3. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    what exactly is lapo Elkanns role with this team? Is he involved at all?

4. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    I can see where you are coming from, for a team that has consistent success and is growing into becoming what it once was, we have a concerning turn over rate....

The reasons listed do not quite make sense....

Pirlo wanted a new adventure and a easy send off into retirement, but for a team that could have likely returned to CL Final.... why not stay one more year and play occasionally like Totti for Roma or Del Piero in his last year....

Vidal booked it quickly for greener pastures and his whole reasons for doing so over ride what he used to preach, maybe he is just a professional and does PR to make up for his bad behaviour

Tevez was odd as well, he has rest of his life to go to Boca, why not stay one more year and win the CL

Coman and Pogba both left afte playing the whole I want to stay at Juventus game and said that they would be saying until suddenly they were out the door.... Pogba's new role at ManU is a fraction of what he did for us and you can tell he is not happy about being played as a box to box mf with defensive responsibilities being first and then limiting his offensive duties, Paul never wanted to slow down play at Juve when Max told him to be more calm in his play, he is basically castrated at Manchester right now...

I get Coman leaving because the kid is ready to play now and last season at Bayern showed how for real he is....

If something is going on, we will know more if we see current players or new additions acting in a similar manner next year.

or maybe it is this...

Serie A is like a 4 team league if we are goin to be honest(those teams do fluctuate and there is no easy lunch)

The country is not doing well economically and stadiums are old and empty

It is very physical and you risk injury more in this league

I would not be surprised if there was some extortion by certain organizations as well... (not just Italian)

You are not going to get the love you get from playing in the EPL

England and Germany are better destinations for previous reasons listed and more girls of different flavors

Footballers like shiny things and Italy does not shine like it used too....

Its also quite racist in Italy so I could see them getting sick of that

There is politics at every Business in every country, I could see your concern being a contributing factor but I think it boils down to more just Footballers wanting to experience new things, date new girls when they get sick of Italian girls, be in a nicer places, play in full stadiums, be on television more.

5. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    found this on another board, can someone embellish the last 2 paragraphs, what did he mean by the last sentence?

While everyone inherited their share of money, the Agnellis always passed the control of the companies to their sons. The rest of the family isn't involved in them and is mostly made of managers of other branches and of an actor (Pietro Sermonti, who also played in our youth teams), a singer, some politicians, writers and intellectuals.

Giovanni Agnelli (I) passed the companies to his only son, Edoardo (the one who entered in the Juventus world in the '20s), who died prematurely (as many of the members of the family, it's no wonder that the Agnelli are called the "Italian Kennedys"). The power went to the only 2 Edorado's sons who arrived to turn 40: Giovanni (Gianni) and Umberto.
    Their sons are: Giovanni Alberto Agnelli ("Giovannino"), Edoardo Agnelli and Andrea Agnelli.
    Edoardo committed suicide and wasn't anyway considered "reliable" enough. The designed heir was Umberto's Giovanni, a great manager and, also, a true Juventino. He died in 1997 of a rare form of cancer and one of the last things he did before he died was going to see one last match at "Delle Alpi".

Being about to lose the perfect heir, Umberto and Gianni decided to split the fortune in 2 parts: the companies concerning cars and the rest. Gianni's heir was to inherit the formers and Umberto's Andrea was to inherit the rest (Juventus included).

Gianni chose John Elkann as his heir and made him enter in the Fiat board when he was still very young. Lapo didn't enter in the plans as more than the director of Fiat's marketing.

Umberto took Juventus (with the rest of the non-cars companies) in his hands in 1994 and it was him who chose Giraudo (who, later, chose Moggi and Bettega). Andrea remained very close to the Triade also after his father's passing. In fact, you probably remember, this May, before Juve-Palermo, he was on the field together with Moggi and Giraudo, while John was outside the stadium distancing himself from the ones who managed to win everything without money, even though there had been no trial yet.

After the summer scandal, the Elkanns stripped Juve from the hands of Andrea, who is waiting for a chance to get it back. It seems that the Agnellis and the Elkanns are not the best of friends, wonder why [​IMG]

6. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #6 St. Michael's Sword, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    It's probably Moggi or Gianni Agnelli's ghost :rolleyes:. You might have better luck with conspiracy theories like this in the Roma boards. Juventus is run like a business. We are professional and we are ruthless. Management is fantastic, and your post is ridiculous. Going through one by one:

Conte's ego was bigger than the club, so they mutually parted ways. The timing was unfortunate and on him.

Vidal was acting unprofessionally off the field, we can't afford assets like that, especially given his playstyle, so he was asked to leave.

We lowballed on Draxler and both him/his club got offered more money to have him stay in Germany. Easy decision for everyone involved on their end.

We treat coaches as coaches, not as some kind of demi-God whose commands must be followed and every wished fulfilled. Allegri got it right when he said (paraphrasing here) "give me good players and I will make the system work". If some coaches (like Conte) think they are bigger than the club, they aren't welcome here, even if they want to come back or not. I'm sure Conte felt pretty stupid when we made the CL Final.

Verratti will only come to Juve if he returns to Italy, don't you doubt that for a second. There isn't another team that could afford him

Pogba lied to his teammates, hence why nobody said anything positive about him during his departure (unlike Morata @Falc). In doing so he is now the highest (or close to) paid player in the world and broke the transfer record. While also making a pretty penny through Adidas' advertising BS. His agent is also an idiot and he is now set for life. We receive the largest transfer record in history. Nothing to cry about. Look at him wasting away at Man U at CDM.

Zenit screwed over the Witsel deal because they are dumb, hence his raging out about it. That wasn't on us.

Berardi may or may not come, he's a good player but a life long Inter fan. If we lose out on him its not that big a deal.

Zaza was surplus because we brought in a 90m dollar striker. Surplus goods don't have a place here, especially now that roster size is limited to 25. And they offered over his fair value, cause English teams have $$$.

As far as Licht goes, I'm not sure that the rumors were ever confirmed, but if they were is it any surprise he wants to go to the only other team that looks to be having a positive project in the country he has lived for over 10 years now? Especially since the team he is on brought in 2 other players to compete with him in his spot. THERE MUST BE SOME IN POWER CONTROLLING EVERYTHING!

Your whole supposition is ridiculous. Stop being naive, look into how successful businesses are run. Start following things more closely and stop looking for the boogieman. This is Juventus, not Roma, not Inter. We don't sell tinfoil in our stadium complex.

@Dante Close this retarded thread

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why do you want to ******** with me? It is as if you have a death wish @Italy-Azzurri-Fan. The person you are describing is me. If you have a problem with how I run the club, leave.

juventino13 and paa10 repped this.
  8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread lol...
    No. I doubt there is any conspiracy at all.

Just players being players and coaches being coaches.

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    And management being managers.

LOL, this thread is complaining about the very reason this Club has been successful for its entire existence!

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to comment on everything in this thread, because 99.9% of it is stupid, but I will say this about Conte. It was already rumored that he would be leaving Juve that summer, but he decided to re-up, and then he went and left. Wasn't all that surprising, yet the manner in which he did it was pretty scummy.

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey guys, please get real. I am not complaining at all, its just a conspiracy theory I am wondering.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I am getting real. And my comment still stands.

13. NUFCViola

NUFCViola Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would've leaked by now if there was someone like that. Like how Higuain blasted DeLa for the reason he left. No one said that about us and even Conte came back to the stadium many times and still has a relationship with the team.

Pogmoney and Vidal basically got too stuck up and their heads big over the years cuz they were influenced so much until they left. There is only so much young people can take before they cave into the money in front of them.

15. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not even a chance of this.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for commenting on this all Juve fans. So far I think probably not from what you said, but if there is someone like that, I agree that time will tell, and we will find out soon. If Higuain finds it hard to get along with that person if there is one, I am sure he will say something to the public.

18. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    i dont speak italian and the translate was a bit broken, what is the third rumor theory saying? It is saying that this years mass buys was due to pressure from shareholders of not being able to deliver in Europe, did it say that agnelli did this to prevent the elkanns from taking over in a coup?

What is Lapos role with this team if any? Is he a good guy or just a playboy? Lapo seems to have the idea lifestyle that a young guy would want, I wont fault him for the drug use as everyone has their demons, but what else do we know of him?

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lapo love Juventus, but the fact of the matter is he's a drugged out lunatic that cannot be given the reigns of this club. What is Lapo's role in the club? Absolutely nothing. He used to be in charge of marketing for FIAT but had to leave due to his cocaine and heroin problem. The only real ties left to the club are the fact that he's Agnelli's grandson, thats about it.

John Elkann on the other hand, is chairman of FIAT and chairman and CEO of EXOR who are intimately tied to Juventus as they heavily invest in the team. If there were to be a power struggle it would be between John and Andrea, not Lapo

20. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Do John and Agnelli get along, any rifts between the two?

EXOR is pretty much responsible for the 75 million cash injection this summer which helped Juve build the squad we have right? Are people just hypothesizing that there was some sort of motive behind that and that it could manifest in the future?

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    EXOR basically owns Juve. It is controlled by the Agnelli family through its corporate firm. John Elkann has the controlling interest. He is the grandson of the Avvocato, Giovanni Agnelli, and was the heir to his estate. The holding company owns several businesses along with Juve including FIAT-Chrysler, Ferrari and others. Andrea Agnelli is the son of Umberto Agnelli, the younger brother of Giovanni. Like his father and uncle, he became president of Juventus. While he is the CEO and probably has some ownership in the club, his cousin John has the controlling interest in EXOR. There have been no indication that there is any problem between the two. Juventus is listed in the Borsa Italiana, which is the Italian stock exchange. So it is a publically traded company.

juveeer repped this.
  22. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    thank you, i knew bits and pieces of this but this paints together a clearer picture.

No other teams operate this way too correct? It seems like Juve has a pretty admirable operating procedure and it's fan base has a closer relationship with the team thru supporting them by buying shares, where as most teams fanbases are just kind of cattle to make money off of(EPL)

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you mean operate this way? On the stock market? There are other teams that do.

24. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    yeah i meant like where the team is listed on the stock market so you can actually really support the team as opposed to just supporting them thru merch and tix. To me, this method seems to give a bit of a more personal relationship with the team kinda like how the Green Bay Packers have that dynamic.

25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #25 phat, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

There's Andrea mother as well, Allegra Caracciolo who is a former Princess and a major shareholder, she's present at most home matches (I think almost all). They both inherited large shares of Exor. After Umberto died in 2005, many claim that there was a power struggle between the 2 branches of the family and much of it happened at Juve. It does coincide with the 2006 events which was more the enemies of Umberto and Giovanni taking advantage of the situation who initiated it. Later Andrea and Allegra fought for direct control.

Lapo is also often at the matches however his direct involvement is more around other business associated to the club/players. John is more involved around Ferrari as far as appearances are concerned rarely is he seen at Juve matches. Were as Andrea and Allegra are not seen around Ferrari.