Cougar's News 2006-7

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Seismothusiast, Nov 7, 2006.

1. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    A couple of good crowds in Stockton.

Keep it up guys!

2. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here are two articles covering last nights beating from the Stockton Record. This was a pretty hard game to watch, and the player I spoke to were pretty demoralized afterward. Also the attendance figure reported must be tickets sold. Not many where able to make the rescheduled weeknight game. The only positive news I have to report is that season tickets for next year are already on sale! While this is no guarantee that the team will actually be back, it is a statement of intent.

Storm blows away Cougars' postseason hopes

Chicago Storm at California Cougars

3. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  4. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  5. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I don't think you see this in indoor soccer like in baseball and other sports , but I woder if the Cougars will be looking to dump some players in trades..

If so , I would like to see for the Storm to try and get Mesanovic back.

6. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the Stockton Record coverage of the college draft. Two things popped out to me. The first is that Bernie is loking for scorers. The second is that having the California Victory and USL soccer will really help bring talent into the area. The Cougars have had a really hard time recruiting, and this will give players the ability to work in the area year-round.

Cougars draft six Californians

7. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Herer is a blurb about tonight's game in the Record. Since this one is televised, and as the article point out-we are out of play off contention, I'm not expecting a big crowd.

Blast at Cougars today

8. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the match report from Sunday's game. The Stockton Record reports 3809 attendance. This was a very good game. Blast fans should be very happy with their teams performance. The Cougars looked much tighter in defense, and despite the low score (a wonderful thing to see for us) there were lots of chances. Brian Rowland had a fantastic night, and his outstanding goalkeeping was the difference.

Cougars start fast, but can't finish

9. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  10. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Record's coverage of last night's loss, and a long fruitless road trip. The good news is it's really good to see Mr. Dhillon back on the scene:

Cougars return home after long road trip

By the way the consolation goal by Brian Farber was brilliant. A bicycle kick at about shoulder/head height.

11. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the match report on the Cougar's victory. That's right. . .I said victory. They looked really sharp tonight, particularly Farber who has seven goals in two days! By the way, in the first three quarters all goals were scored moving from the East to West. It was like the teams were swapping form according to direction, until the Cougars put it away in the four quarter. . .that's right, I said the Cougars put it away in the fourth quarter. I think they put on the show just so I'd renew my season tickets. It worked.

Cougars snap skid

12. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  13. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  14. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    thanks for posting these this year...good way for me to see that somebody out there cares about that team...those Force players on the squad now are good guys. hope everything works out over there.

15. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks for the kind word Imfoust.

Here's a weird tidbit I ran across. Dominic Jakubek played in goal the other day for our new USL-1 side the California Victory. The Victory team walked out on the field at halftime of the game on the 24th, and I wondered what type of connections had been developed.

http://www.californiavictorysoccer.com/home/175327.html

16. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    Thanks for all your good work. The reporter did a grea job all season. I liked the play-by-play guy as well.

17. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking for something else and found this.

Syd might be a better choice than current, but he couldn't get past his comment (#128 above)...

18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    This is exactly why I didn't run in 2012.

I'm not even sure what I was trying to say in that post.