Costa Rica vs. Honduras 6-18-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    like Hugo Sanchez said

"lo merecia Honduras"

Hate on us bro..

Where the Ticos at? talk that sh** now!! Honduras makes it a 4 game unbeaten streak against Los Ticos. Enjoy the clubs scrubs.

2. Michelin

Michelin Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Paris (for now)
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're right. It's a sport, not food or a metro ticket. ;)

The sentiment's in the right place. The result was not fair. Honduras showed a great first half that was completely outweighed by a pitiful showing in the second half of theatrics and just plain dirtiness.

Me da asco y rabia que se haya salido con la suya Honduras.

3. Hugo Sanchez does not like LaVolpe that much.

4. This Honduran team has been very Mediocre to say the least.

5. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH NO!!! Saborío and Borges missed their shots!!!! MATCH-FIXING!!!!

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol, aside from the heated rivalry away from the pitch. and my excitedness..

Good game Ticos. They almost gave me a heart attack :D Lookin forward to WCQ.

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    See you in the Semis Mexico. (Who has not beaten us outside of the Azteca since 1993)

BTW There are sh!t penalty takers and then there is Saborio

8. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We were by far the better team for 75 minutes and should had ahead by a couple of goals. The team got tired in the last 15 mins of the first game and started wasting time with childish acts. There is nothing to celebrate, I find Costa Rica to be a pretty poor team atm and we shoulda had put 2-3 goals past them.

9. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fair -
    legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

fare -
    the price of conveyance or passage in a bus, train, airplane, or other vehicle.

;)

10. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honduras was so dirty, that they should've clean the field before playing the next game.:p

11. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably why the start to the MEX/GUA game is delayed :D

12. Michelin

Michelin Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Paris (for now)
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    proving my point...

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea... uhhh don't quit your day job bud.:D

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    CR was just as poor today vs. Honduras as it was last week vs. Mexico. The difference being in that the Hondurans--specially w/o Costly, who came on at the end--don't really have much quality to put good chances away, the way Mexico did with Guardado, for instance.

CR is very dissappointing and apart from that win vs. Cuba has not looked the part at all. LaVolpe has his work cut out for him.

15. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Just want to give my thoughts on this match. Very rarely do I suggest blaming one player for a loss, but damn, Saborio should never set foot in Costa Rica again.

It wasn't just a missed penalty. Or even 2 missed penalties. He single-handedly screwed up Costa Rica's attack time and time again.

There are probably good reasons for blaming him for how the team is playing. That style is way too conservative for how Costa Rica tends to play, and any coach that refuses to take out a player playing as badly as Saborio shows a complete refusal to adapt to circumstances.

Even if Costa Rica has no more out and out strikers, Saborio should have just been subbed out. And that Campbell kid deserved a lot more time than he got.

16. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Honduras looked a different side from what we saw in South Africa last year, organized and disciplined, play acting too. We had some chances to kill the game (Honduras had just as many if not more) but we seemed to be lacking something. Like VT said Ruiz just isn't the leader that Wanchope, Montero, etc. were that lead us through difficult matches like these in the past. Overall it was a good match, especially the overtime, and I would have enjoyed it more had my team not been playing.

And Saborio is a piece of shit (two ********ing penalties after what happened against ES.) Never ever again on my national team. LaVolpe gets paid $60k a month so there shouldn't be any excuses for him.

17. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGfnzhunBoI"]Honduras vs Costa Rica (1-1)Goals and Highlights-18/6/2011[/ame]

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Antonio.. looks like you're not the father :D

19. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lavolpe's fault. why not ruiz take It? pinche bigoton pendejo. thank god He's not coaching us anymore.

20. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it was like costa rica was playing with 10 men really.... not once did i see saborio have a positive impact in the game

21. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great game, from an entertainment factor anyway, I am usually partial to CRC, but I'm glad HON won, I wanted to play a different team.

Today we (MEX) had a mediocre game, Gio, Guardado, Barrera and to some extent Chicharo (except for the goal) they all had bad games and we still attacked a lot and won. Good we got the bad game out of the way.

See you HON, well played, no se vayan a volver a cansar ;)

/p

22. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I want to say two things...

- Congrats Honduras on your win...i'm pissed off but gotta give you props for winning and never bunkering against us.

- I hope Lavolpe stays but stops calling up Junior Diaz and Alvaro Saborio (i've defended him for the most part but he has cost us in important games). They are both around 28 years old won't get any better...we just need to replace Junior Diaz with Bryan Oviedo and Alvaro Saborio with Joel Campbell.

23. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

I agree...i think all of us ticos hate Sabo right now...but i wouldn't want to see someone do something stupid if he does return to Costa Rica(if Wanchope received death threats during his prime I don't want to imagine what would happen to Sabo). He should just retire from the NT since he has fked us over too many times and he isn't getting any younger.

24. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    lol stfu kid, we made your team look like tired bitches in the second half, why do you think they were goin down more than a tijuana whore? Saborio should just stay in salt lake which is appropriate for him since is PURA SAL for our team.
    Sabo the moosh. All that idiot had to do was a score a penalty kick my 60 yr old uncle coulda put in with ease and he botched it. You dude should be goin home right now instead of us. OH well. Hope Volpe learned his lesson and doesn't even call him up for the next one.

25. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    oh something else I forgot to mention
    that ref was absolutely disgusting, I know they hate us in concacaf but try not to make it so blatant. It was a joke how this ahole would blow his whistle everytime a honduras player flopped. Yet the few times our players legitimately went down cause of cheap shots....not a peep out of him.