Costa Rica vs. El Salvador 06-09-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 6, 2011.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure i would be putting anything in salt lake, he scored 18 goals for them last season and was the MLS newcomer of the year. he definitely played very well.

the offseason surgery and his play since then have obviously affected the results. he hasnt been nearly as effective since then.

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jRxebe_5I"]Costa Rica Vs El Salvador 1-1 Full Highlights " Resumen " 9-6-11[/ame]

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    He also played very well for you in the CCL. But our two star forwards (who perform for their clubs) seem to be lacking when they play for the NT. Regardless it's just sour grapes.

4. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly, i've never seen him played before.
    he was awesome, at the 2nd half.

5. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Chiqui's goal was a great feeling but we should've won this game...ES always play different when they face Costa Rica or Mexico...but we have the same problem as always and that is missing clear chances (let's face it we'll never fix this problem especially since players like Wanchope, Fonseca, Medford, and Gomez had the same problem). I think we played well but i want to see us playing against Mexico who don't waste time and fake injuries to see at what level we are at.

6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Iono Ruiz wasn't great...but he showed some great technique (that play he made which Sabo missed was beast). I also noticed ES defenders had trouble taking the ball away from Ruiz and he isn't even 100% fit...it's also hard for players like Ruiz to show their skills when they play against bunkering teams...hope he can show his skills against Mexico and whoever we face in the next round.

7. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    El salvador's goal was well taken, and Martin was pretty good. Ruiz was one of our better players tonight, Diaz and a couple others seemed either nervous or off their game. Overall Lavolpe seems to be doing a good job rebuilding our program. I can't wait to see how the Mexicans welcome him next match.

8. Sub_Zero94

Sub_Zero94 New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Northern California
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone tell me where Cristian Castillo is and why he isn't on the team?

also guys like Arturo Alvarez and Osael Romero?

9. perspixx

perspixx Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Temecula, Calif.
    El Salvador played good enough for 90 minutes, but they got what they deserved for that moronic fake injury... can they beat Cuba to advance? probably.

10. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Tbh, all teams waste time and fake injuries when up 1 near the end of a match. Especially when you are the underdog in a crucial game. Some of our players over exaggerated but most tried hanging on to possesion and we went for the 2nd goal too. We should've won this game like we did in the last GC. You guys seem to be on a high horse after the cuba thrashing and the argentina friendly. You are not much better then us, if at all at this point. Sabo has been over rated I think, good scorer in the mls does not mean much. Ruiz on the other hand is beast and imo he's second to chicha out of the top concacaf players. Lucky result for CR tonight.

11. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Castillo is out due to injury. Artie, no idea and doesn't make sense to me. Romero is out of form and did not make the team.

12. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Actually CR was a much better team, held back by the choke artist saborio. If that idiot knew how to score we woulda won 3-1. I think Volpe is a huge improvement over CR's past coaches but i think his head was up his culo in taking Bolanos out instead of SADborio. Campbell definitely sparked life into us in the second half only to have it choked out by the retard. As we would say in CR "DEJELO SE MARCA SOLO"

13. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    If your only looking at your side of the offense, yes you should have won 3-1. I see it different. In the 1st half and about 10 min of the second half. We were always attacking with numbers on our favor. If we would have scored on all our chances it would have been a 6-3 score

14. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    a vs. El Salvador 06-09-2011

After Sabo's horrible game yesterday....Lavolpe said Sabo is a great 9 and even though he had a bad night he is capable of scoring 3 the next game....so i don't see Sabo losing his starting spot anytime soon. The only change i expect to see for our next game is Ruiz in for Urena or Guevara.