Cosmos Links/New/Blogs/Etc.

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by futuregrace, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmos Notes: Remedying Slow Starts, Injury Updates, more

The Cosmos have gotten off to a promising start in the Spring Season standings with two wins in their first three matches, but they’ve done so by overcoming some sluggish starts in each match.
    They saw their worst start of the year come in Indy, where a first half performance without a single shot on goal paved the way for Indy’s stoppage time rally to win.
    “Every single game is difficult and sometimes our guys will come right away and figure things out or sometimes it takes a little bit longer, said Savarese. “It makes a lot easier the job of a coach to hope every single start of a game is perfect, but I know that’s not always going to be the case.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmos-notes-remedying-slow-starts-injury-updates-more-47212/

2. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the deal with Yasmani Duk? I thought he would be a really good player but I haven't even heard a mention of him so far this season.

3. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had Visa issues he had to work out... He just got back with the team.

4. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grrr, stream not working for me, other twitter users reporting the same problems.

Now working in the 23'

5. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why Cosmos are seldom covered by newspapers and media generally?

6. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bklyn Royals Fan and nanoGVSP repped this.
  7. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    May 25th Cosmos vs Eibar

According to La Liga’s English Twitter account, the New York Cosmos will play a friendly on May 25th against La Liga side SD Eibar. The game will take place in Las Vegas, although additional details are still unavailable.

TICC received word from the Cosmos that the match is likely and just waiting on contracts to be finalized.

9. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why such a small team for a friendly?

10. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I'm not familiar with the Cosmos facing anyone from Europe in an international friendly... So the term "small" is kind of erroneous, unless other teams in the NASL are playing bigger clubs that I'm unaware of.

Other than that I'd say it may be a test for the Las Vegas market for the NASL: Eibar might draw some people out of curiosity more so than an unknown NASL team in the Vegas area. Eibar is also playing in Philadelphia, and have in the past played in Boise, so they've been seen before live in action on this side of the world.

NewYorkCosmos repped this.
  11. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    betthern than nothing, a good test for Las Vegas market for Nasl but not the best way to honour Cosmos' history...in the recent past and I am speaking about 2013 they played in Spain against Villareal to honour Marcos Senna

12. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and then I'd love to see the Cosmos play against world clubs like Boca Juniors, Sao Paulo, Chelsea, AC Milan and so on....as it was during the golden years....as it was during the golden years....

13. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmos to face Liga side Eibar in Las Vegas friendly

TICC received word from the Cosmos that the match is likely and just waiting on contracts to be finalized.

The Spanish club’s match against the Cosmos will be one of at least two being played with the other, a friendly against Philadelphia Fury of the ASL, coming three days earlier on May 22nd in Philadephia. At time of writing, Eibar currently sit 12th on the Liga table with 42 points going 11-9-16.

On the Cosmos’ end, this gets more complicated. The May 25th date puts the match squarely in the middle of a two-game Cosmos home stand with their match against the Rowdies on the 22nd before they host Georgios Samaras, Billy Forbes, Michel, and the other weapons of Rayo OKC on May 28th, two of the last three games in their spring season.

While I am excited about a potential friendly against a club in the top flight from Spain, the timing of the match worries me with the Cosmos in a precarious spot for the spring title. I’d also wonder if the Cosmos recent interest in Nexxfield, as Cosmos COO Erik Stover talks about on our recent show, might mean a test run could occur here.

http://www.thisiscosmoscountry.com/...o-face-liga-side-eibar-in-las-vegas-friendly/

14. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cosmos were used to friendlies and tours so it's time to revive the tradition, go Cosmos!!
    When Belmont will be open they will fill it with de luxe friendlies and tourneaments

15. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect this is part of a long term plan when they finally get a stadium.

16. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmos edge out Eibar in penalties

Brian Holt received some much-needed minutes in the net with a back line comprised of players needing them as well (David Ochieng and David Diosa), a player not officially back on the roster yet (Roversio), and a surprise. Kwame Watson-Siriboe, with NYCFC last season took up position at right back. TICC later found out that he was invited as a guest player.

The team were back on a red-eye and back home training this morning ahead of an important match with Rayo OKC on Saturday.

Roversio served as a captain for this match, playing just over an hour. He looked healthy and strong, offering hope we may see him in the Open Cup and fall. Cosmos B player and Suffok Country product
    Kyle McTurk made his first team debut to the support of many. The only sub not used was Kevin Tenjo, Cosmos B goalkeeper.

http://www.thisiscosmoscountry.com/match-recap/cosmos-edge-out-eibar-in-penalties/#more-2313

17. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite Loss, Cosmos still in favorable position for Spring Title

The New York Cosmos will be frustrated with themselves for letting a chance to clinch a second straight Spring Season title slip away in Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

“It’s not up to us now,” said Cosmos Head Coach Gio Savarese following his team’s loss. “It was up to us today and our main goal was to win the Spring Season, but now it depends on the results in order to be able to clinch it.”

Fortunately for Savarese and the Cosmos, the results from across the league worked in their favor, leaving them with a decent shot of claiming the spring and the postseason spot that comes with it next week — and they won’t have to play to do it.

In what has to be the shocker of the weekend, Minnesota United FC eliminated themselves from the spring race entirely with a 1-0 loss to Rayo OKC. The Loons were once flying high with confidence after beating the Cosmos earlier in the spring, but they squandered their shot at the title with three straight losses over the last few weeks.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/despi...in-favorable-position-for-spring-title-49124/

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which ended 34 years ago.

Welcome to the present.

nach0king and bnyc repped this.
  19. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It could have ended but Cosmos are back so they have to do their best to restart a new golden age, which are partially doing but they should also restart preseason tours and de luxe friendlies

20. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    FootySkeptic and brentgoulet repped this.
  21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    puertoricans didn't show up at the stadium......

23. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There was a Group of about 12 people where the visiting supporters usually sit, then I saw a few people walking around with the PRFC jerseys, but nothing like the article in Empire of soccer.
    As usual weather didn't help, but numbers have been dropping anyway, it's time to get out of Hofstra.

Sam U El, FootySkeptic and brentgoulet repped this.
  24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11/13/2016 – NASL Championship Final
    New York Cosmos v Indy Eleven
    Belson Stadium (7:00pm ET)
    REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
    AR1: Kyle Atkins
    AR2: Cameron Blanchard
    4TH: Robert Sibiga