News: Cosmin to be fired by Saudi FA

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    it's not the only time, it happend in 2006.

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I showed the video to a few friends who don't even care much about football. And both said that this was an insult to every Saudi. When you have normal citizens who don't have anything against Hilal say this then you should not be amazed that a Prince would kick him out, when you know even 'criticizing' them can throw you into jail and torture. I'm a Shababi and I don't believe he should even be hassled for what he did, but when you got princes and brainwashed citizens stuff like that happen.

3. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^^
    You said it "Brainwashed"

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I posted the video on the Romania section of BigSoccer, and the one person who replied was clueless as to where the problem was:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959995

Anyway, like I said, I have no problem with him being fined or suspended or whatever, but the idea of kicking him out of the country was started by K7ailan and co. I guess when you have a million voices in the media cynically repeating that the "honor of sayyidy wa mawlay" was tarnished, then it becomes impossible for the higher-ups not to do something even if they knew that the guy didn't really mean anything.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    ANother step to progress................

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    where is cosmin now...in riyadh or back to romania...

7. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Sayf,

The Hilali media did exactly the same thing with Keita last season.

Karma is a bitch.

8. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Hilali fans, please dont bring up excuses like "we lost because cosmin was fired!" when hilal loses!!!!!!!!

9. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    Didn't Kieta slap a photographer because you guys were losing against Hilal last year, if that was the situation then screw Keita because that shit is ground for assault even Cantona got bitch slapped with a fine and suspended for what 9 months, when you attack someone that had nothing to do with the match during the match that's just f*cked up and bares absolutely no resemblance to this shitty incident

10. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol you're honestly comparing what Keita did to Cosmin? Keita *** للملك; Cosmin did nothing wrong. احلف إن كوزمين قصد يهين ولي العهد؟؟؟ Ba3dein esh da5al karma ... how many Hilal officials were campaigning publicly against Keita?

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah funny how our Ittihadi brothers conveniently forget about that incident. Just imagine if it was a Hilali player who assaulted a photographer in the middle of a match.

12. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    wtf is wrong with the saudi FA. i mean, so what if he took off his shirt and put it on the table, he obviously didnt mean to offend (if thats the word) the crown prince.... he even apoligised and claimed it was a mistake and said that he wore the shirt without even paying attention to who or what was on it because he was tired....

and they still fire him for this? honeslty...thats pathetic.

13. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Abdullah,

Don't go round in circles evading the point. You know full well I'm talking about the Ittihad v Shabab game last year when the Hilali media jumped on Keita's gesture and called for his head using the very same rhetoric you Hilalis are complaining about (including insulting the guest of honour). The poor guy was kicked out of the country in the most degrading way. That follows on to what you guys did to Kallon too. So there is more than a hint of crocodile tears to your complaints.

As for the incident in the Hilal game, while what Keita did was wrong don't go comparing it to Cantona's kung fu kick. For one thing, the confrontation was a light scuffle, not an assault, with a member of the Hilal bench who was standing behind the goal. Apples and oranges.

In any case, it has nothing to do with it. Keita was kicked out on the basis of his behaviour in the Shabab game, just like Cosmin was (supposedly) sacked for his behaviour in the Shabab game this year. Unless you're trying to argue a prior record as a basis for this... but then Cosmin does have a history of touchline confrontations so I wouldn't advise it.

Sayf,

I would say spitting at a policeman, never mind the wiping and throwing of the shirt, is as bad if not worse than giving the finger.

14. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "Finger"? He all but jerked off in front of the whole world man! And the security guard raised his hand on Cosmin first, whereas all Keita was reacting to was a red card. [I'm sure you know, as we've said over and over, the media storm focused almost entirely on the bogus "t-shirt" issue, and not the spit. As you also probably know, players in our league spit on a weekly basis and don't get kicked out of the country, that's where the Riyadhi guys and Faisal ibn Turki come in ;)].

And what "touchline confrontations" do you think we're afraid of mentioning? He got a red card for overstepping the coach's box a little bit against Wehda and yelling instructions at his players. Ooooooooooooh the humanity! Yeah that's just as bad as assaulting a member of the other team's bench unprovoked because he couldn't score a goal.

I can't believe you're referencing Kallon now. Mansour violated the law and hijacked a player from another team deliberately. I guess he kept getting away with stuff over and over that some Ittihadis began to think they have some divine right do whatever they want. What's next, are you going to bring up Mansu? ;)

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Have you ever played sports before? Sweat is annoying and people tend to want to wipe it off. How would Cosmin know that there were a bunch of cynical demagogues willing to pounce on something like that? I sure as hell wouldn't. But it's unfortunate to see you're not above a little bit of demagoguery yourself.

He didn't throw it. If he wanted to throw it, he would have thrown right after taking it off instead of walking over to the nearest place where he can put it, and placing it there normally. Hey, I guess he should have asked for a hanger or maybe take it to the ma3'sala mosta3jala.

Listen, I'm sick of talking about this affair too. I'm more interested in the future than in bitching about something that can't be changed, but to try to convince us that this man deliberately tried to insult the Crown Prince is just insulting to our intelligence. Sorry.

16. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    A7madov,

No I didn't mention that incident because I didn't know about it, don't put supposed memories in my head and call me out on them(I only have time to watch hilal I couldn't care less to cover the other teams affairs), Keita Should have been banned for at least a while for that incident as I bet you it was completely degrading for that photographer to get hit by a player and not be able to do anything about it, similarly to how these princes operate where they do this type of shit to Cosmin and he can't do shit about it, its a shitty form of oppression.

Now I'm not playing the victim I'm not saying how hilal is being picked on ( and not denying other peoples influence to fan the flames that eventually got him sacked) just conveying how crappy this incident is and how its a determinant to the premier league, and to our country.

17. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm sorry guys but a bit off topic: Is this Al Hilal team the one where Seol is playing?

18. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    Yes

19. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

There's only one Hilal in Saudi Arabia Koreano.:D

I know it's confusing when multiple Arab nations have clubs with the same name. :)

Also, Cosmin gave an interview in Romania where he accused Al-Nasr of conspiring against him to get him fired.

20. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL Thanks guys!

Shit that means it's not good news for him either. Oh well, best of luck to him and Al Hilal in the remaining fixtures.

21. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I dont see why you guys are complaining...this dude was being 100% disrespectful

22. ~Fulanito~

~Fulanito~ New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Sayf

Hi, I have decided to join this forum because of this thread u wrote above, and I am ready to only discuss what you think had happened to Cozmin and how Nassrawis done it, and how Nassr is not a rival to Al Hilal.

First I would say please do not try to convince us that Nassrawis has a power or a lobby where they can do whatever they like in SFF.

Second, we all agree to your suprise maybe that Al Nassr is currently not a rival to your club since probably 10 yrs but no one knows if it can shrink the gap and go back to where it belongs TOP 4 Teams in S.A. and become the new dominant.

But before the said 10 yrs it was vice versa your club was a rival to Al Nassr and got all beaten by the old squad of Al Nassr most of the time especially on finals which means no championship for Al Hilal due to Al Nassr is on the way.:D

Third, I agree that Nassrawis utilized this silly mistake of Cozmin and brought the focus on it which is normal between the two teams in many cases happened before, however that does not mean they they have the say to expel him off the country.

Cases if you want to ask me and you may pretend that it did not happened, I'll give you one now for instance Ohen Kennedy was loaned by Al Nassr to a Turkish club after learning that the SFF had issued its decision given it to the usual blue press & media campaign, so it was clever move ahead of time by Al Nassr to put on loan.:D