Coppa Italia Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jan 10, 2017.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    One of your best efforts!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

scirea6 repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    3....2....1.....till Mardonna starts blasting away.

3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just tweet him a picture of Claudio Gentile and then he'll shit his pants.

Falc, calabrese8 and juveeer repped this.
  4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess I'll have to watch the replays...

A lot of people are saying Napoli were robbed a clear PK which led directly to the counter attack which also led to a bad PK call for Juve against Reina..

The story is reina got to the ball first and cuadardo led after and made contact.

I'm reading the ref was too scared to call vs Juve.

This sounded like a drama full game. I better go check highlights :p

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Italy unless they break the knee with 2 feet studs up, then Juve doesn't deserve the pk. Its pretty pathetic at this point that even clear penalties are considered "controversial"

juveeer and Rosay repped this.
  6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Only because it was a favorable call for Juventus against Nipoli, the perennial hipster favorite.

Let me put it this way, if the positions were reversed, and those two calls were made in Napoli's favor, nobody would have had a problem with it. And if they hadn't been called in their favor, everybody would have shit a brick and they'd be bleating and crying about how Napoli were robbed of two legitimate penalties.

juveeer repped this.
  7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    2 absolutely legitimate penalties. What ********ing losers

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The best part is they are ignoring that Callejon's goal was offsides.

scirea6 and calabrese8 repped this.
  9. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They love to talk about us but don't moan about that. Love it. Their merda tears are delicious. 2 Scudetti in 90 years. AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

calabrese8 and juveeer repped this.
  10. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Regardless of how Juve won the match, Juve played poorly. When pressed, particularly in the first half, Juve couldn't keep the ball moving. Yes they carved out a few more chances than Napoli, but generally Napoli were able to successfully disrupt Juve.

A win is a win, but the performances vs top that press them hard need to improve.

juveeer repped this.
  11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aurelio DeLaurentiis has told CorSport that his club will consider playing the Primavera squad for the 2nd leg as a protest.

God they're ********ing stupid.

Rosay repped this.
  12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That whole team will all at least be taller than Insigne

IcEWoLF, Baggionero, calabrese8 and 3 others repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    And he wonders why Pipita couldn't wait to see the back of his idiot azzz

Here is a link. Can you get any bigger crybabies than the ones at Inter, Napoli and Roma?

http://www.football-italia.net/99037/adl-threatens-youth-coppa-return

Rosay repped this.
  14. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    #142 paa10, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    soccer should have instant replay challenges like the nfl so we can avoid this stuff...

Each team gets 2 flags to use and the referee could have google glass to wear to watch it to save time.

those were penalties. end of story.

It is not unexpected that Napoli is protesting, they could have bunkered and possibly one or have it ended in a tie, but they got cocky and they wanted to go for the throat to make a statement and that is why they lost.

It's been nice to see Gonzalo scoring in big games this year, maybe this is the year that he stops being a ghost in big games and we need that for a deep run in CL.

Buying him was probaly the best transfer we have made in a long time.. I believe he is still leading Europe in scoring in Domestic leagues... and he has had a wonderful effect on Dybala....

IF we think about it, without him, Dybala would probaly have a dozen goals to his name and be the player he was last year, But having Gonzalo around has made Dybala play a different type of game and has made him a better player for it and after a first half of the season struggling and being hurt, Dybala is now coexisting with Gonzalo and is both scoring and setting his teammates up.

I was so happy to see Paulo be unselfish and play that pass to Juan on the breakaway, that is Paulo accepting his new role and relishing in it. It is also Captain material... I keep thinking of Al Pachino screaming UNSELFISH! and clapping when LL Cool J runs out of bounds to save the clock in the movie Any Given Sunday when I think of Paulo making that pass.

A selfish player would have wanted to stat pad because Gonzalo is getting all the goals this year, instead he played that pass resulting in nearly a goal. It also is a sign of a team gelling and starting to believe in each other. He could have thought Juan will mess it up like he typically does, but he said no this is the best move to play and did it.

My favorite player ever is always going to be Totti because it was so rare to see a player make such beautiful and critical passes. Only Messi has surpassed him imo. Pirlo got too good when he was too old to flirt with that possibility.

This will make Paulo a more complete player... If we can hold on to him, Paulo is going to be a monster when Gonzalo retires and will be well trained in passing and scoring, the current lineup is forcing him to adopt a role like Messi has for Barca and I think he is capable of achieving it.

It also gives him a friend and role model to look up to which may make him decide to stay here when La Liga and EPL start making serious moves for him.

I think we are going to see a very complete player in Paulo when he shows up to camp for preseason play next year because of what this year forced him to focus on.

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Typical loser mentality exemplified by Italian clubs these days. You have the opportunity to turn around the result with a 2-0 victory at home. Instead, you whine like a bitch because you know you can't compete.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    LOL. Can you imagine Napoli's reaction if the very same fouls had been on their players and weren't given?

Frankly, they were lucky their GK didn't get a red card on the Cuadrado foul.

Anyway, losing their minds is what most of our so called "big club"Serie A opposition does everytime they lose to us. Milan less so. I will give them credit there. But Roma, Napoli and Inter???????

http://www.football-italia.net/99029/napoli-lose-heads-turin

17. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They would have reacted exactly as they did yesterday.

Screamed and cried about thievery and conspiracies all the while conveniently ignoring the fact that their goal was offside and that once again their "team" choked when it mattered most. It's been the same thing for about 90 years now.

It's not going to change, and frankly, even if they could they wouldn't want to. Much easier to go through existence blaming something/someone else for your own failings. To change would mean they'd actually have to acknowledge what they are (perennial losers) and accept their own responsibility for it. Much easier to blame Juventus and preserve the image they have of themselves and their club as the precious, spotless underdogs forever victimized by the tyrant from Turin.

And you know what? Good. If they're crying about us it means we're winning. We could win 4-0 without any referee involvement whatsoever and they would still come up with a laundry list of grievances in order to deny us what we've rightfully earned. So we might as well enjoy it, because it won't last forever.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If a Super League formed, I would be so in favor of Juve going. I have done an about face with Serie A. Screw them.

juveeer repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Falc repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I have to say I agree.

Unfortunately Napoli, Roma, Milan and Inter would prolly be included. I don't mind Milan but the other 3 are mostly unbearable.

Falc repped this.
  21. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So what took you so long? :D

Falc repped this.
  22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely no way Napoli and Roma would be in a Super League, they're not big enough. They don't have the pedigree.

gumbacicc and scirea6 repped this.