Coppa Italia Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jan 10, 2017.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    FIOS has it.

Unfortunately it is not in HD.

And doubly unfortunately, I will be on the road and will miss it.

2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus XI: Neto; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Rincon, Marchisio; Dani Alves, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain.

Juventus SUBS: Buffon, Audero, Lichtsteiner, Benatia, Mattiello, Lemina, Asamoah, Sturaro, Cuadrado, Leris, Kean.

3. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Alveeeeees

4. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What a cross by Sandro on the goal! Alves continues his great streak, what a player.

5. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Higuain missed a big chance.

6. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Goaaaaaaaaaaaal Bonucccccccccccccccci

7. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bonucci makes it 2-0!

8. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Alves may be our best transfer post buffon.. more so then Gonzalo because he has surpassed expectations, was free, and he brings a style of play that has been missing from this team for over a decade.

Not a sexy finish on the volley, but effective and good first time hit and he is so calm when attacking...he has that pirlo tier confidence and effectiveness.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That's a stretch considering the guy has only recently started to feature, as he was a non-factor the early part of the season. I think you're also failing to account for the other great moves that Marrotta and Moggi made in their respective tenures.

10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alves is definitely a playmaker on both ends of the field and he plays fearless.
    Mandzukic got a bit knock and started bleeding a lot.
    I think if we get another goal we start resting Dybala and maybe even Higuain. Dybala has been knocked around a bit, hell if you want you can even sub out Alves too to rest him for this weekends clash.

11. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    It is a stretch, but I dont see us being in the CL final at all without him and we have a legit chance of winning this time. He has contributed in goals, assists, and great defense in very big games on a consistent basis. He has fantastic awareness and has added an amazing dynamic down the right side of the pitch that has aided Gonzalo, Cuadrado, Dybala, and the midfield while coming back and getting stuck in on defense... Litchsteiner plays in slow motion compared to him and Barzagli is just cover that forces the midfield to compensate for him being slotted there... Alves provides a lot more flexibility for the players on the pitch.. He really opens up a lot of space for the other guys on the field and can play in the same pace as Dybala providing a rare chemistry in the starting 11.

I fully expect him to have the same form if not better next year... Plus he is an amazing clubhouse chemistry guy.

I did not mean this in a disparaging way at all to any of the other transfers... but everyone thought he was done and now everyone is wishing they signed him.

What I love about him is he has the Giorgio type tenacity in play, he is not afraid to get stuck in and is hungry to win challenges, what a great player to have in training to help groom Sandro to take of his character traits and establish a model for Sandro to aspire to. This is incredibly valueable to have, Sandro sees it on the field, he sees it every day in training, he has Alves giving him pointers and critiques to better his play.

This is why I rate him so much... he doubles as a coach and a player, he has surpassed what Evra did for the locker room, and hes a legend that everyone on this team respects... and in his first season after a rocky start... he has delivered in assists and goals in big games that have brought us to the CL final and this Cup final to a much lesser degree.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The bold section is true. D. Alves was key against Barca and Monaco. I was just pointing out that he has only recently started to shine for us. There is no question he is a big upgrade on Lichtsteiner. However, we have been very fortunate with the way the transfer market was handled by both Moggi and Marrotta. D. Alves is just one of the latest gems.

13. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Higuain has been shit so far.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Mandzukic always fighting lol

Deleted User x repped this.
  15. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12th Coppa Italia, 3rd straight. Only Italian team to do that.

17. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Another Coppa! Now let's seal the scudetto on Sunday!

soji22 repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 down, 2 to go.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great win. First step towards our treble. Now we have two more trophies to win. I hope we can secure scudetto on sunday so we don't have to worry about Bologna game and we can completely focus on Real Madrid!

juveeer and soji22 repped this.
  20. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Great first half. The second half should have been better. Once Lazio brought in more attackers, they kept breaking through the center of Juve's mid. Marchisio and Rincon gave up too much space where Lazio could have scored. Immobile and Keita both had shots inside the box from the center.

Then again, Lazio could and really should have conceded at least one or two more. Higuaín's finishing was very poor. Maybe he is saving his goals for the other final.

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ALLEGRI OUT !

23. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm glad we won the Coppa. I was a little worried after the unexpected loss to AS Roma. Our boys took care of business today. It would have been nice to score another goal or two. I'm looking forward to our securing the scudetto this weekend. Forza Juve!!!

24. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Neto with some nice saves.

25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Bring Conte back :(