Coppa Italia Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve's defense of the Coppa Italia journey begins tomorrow, January 11th. If we win our game we will play the winner of Milan/Torino in the Quarter-Finals. The other teams in our side of the bracket are Napoli, Spezia, Fiorentina and Chievo.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are some of Allegri's quotes from todays press conference regarding tomorrows game.

"Tomorrow, we will play with the best available lineup, there will be no big turnover."

"Asamoah has played a great game vs Bologna. Alex Sandro will be back on Thursday."

"Lichtsteiner and Asamoah will start tomorrow."

"4-3-3 Tomorrow? Cuadrado can play as trequartista. We will see."

"Sturaro has a flu, he's a doubt for the game."

"Dybala needs to play. Pjaca will play a part of the game tomorrow. Rincon could start tomorrow."

GdS claims that Pjaca, Cuadrado and Mandzukic could start in the attack. Neto, Rincon and Asamoah will start and Hernanes could start as Regista.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pjaca, Cuadrado and Mandzukic sounds good...please try this

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lichtsteiner ********ing up our play with his retarded play acting. I can't wait until we get rid of this guy

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala with a beauty

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mandzu with the 2nd, great assist from Dybala

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missing the match cuz i dont have gol tv or a good stream for the phone. Hopefully i can find a good long highlight recap after.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Anyone have a stream? Lost mine.

11. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you go on YouTube and just search Juventus along with the lastest filters you can find plenty of streams.

gumbacicc repped this.
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    what a boring ass game

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Of course Atalanta decide to make it interesting with the Konko goal.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let me guess....we went up 2-0 then we slowed the game down, now Atalanta gets a goal so its 2-1

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1 Pjanic on a pk

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Things have picked up

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Licht is done, just leave already

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Neto with a good save. The defense is shaky

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Our depth is questionable, esp. at FB and CMF.

Asa got burned the whole second half by Conti. Licht on wrong side again on Atlanta's second goal. Hernanes at that spot is just not up to snuff once Marchisio went off.

Pjaca once again showed some signs. Would like to see him with the first group.

Rincon looks to be an upgrade over what we had before, but I need to see more.

Marrota needs to get some work done this month.

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets hope part of that is getting rid of the junk (Hernanes, Asamoah, Evra, Lich) although last 2 should probably finish the season. But problem i see we always have it we buy without being able to offload the junk.

21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the game, got notification from espn when the game ended, but ended up watching the highlights later on YouTube. This team has potential but Jesus they need to stop falling asleep after they score they keep getting scored on...they need to play to win for 90 minutes instead of playing not to lose. This is very annoying.

This has to be addressed or things like this will bite our rears in the Champions League...

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I take solace in the fact that a number of reserve players played against a decent Serie A side, and we still managed the win. However, winning domestically with the players that we have at our disposal should be an afterthought. This team was allegedly put together to win a Champions League. The inconsistency in our play leads me to question whether that is possible. We have yet to look dominant this season.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I can tell you right now its not

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure how long you have followed this game or if you ever played the game but just because you have the best team it doesnt mean you win every game. There is a saying in the old country that says " the ball is round " which means anything can happen and things can be unpredictable. Same as things in real life. You are bound to lose or mess up some games. Not many teams can go a long time without hick ups. So to have this expectation that we should blow through everything is unreal and truthfully it would be boring if it was like that.

Even teams with way bigger budget, hype and resources such as PL teams, Bayern, Barca, RM mess up and lose games. They're not even dominant this season. I dont see why we cant beat any team at the moment. If we stay focused full 90 and not mess up stupid chances or learn to deal with crosses we can beat any team in the world at the moment.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Not sure how long you have followed the sport or if you have ever played, but when a club invests the amount of money that this club has over the last few years, there are expectations that follow. Even Marrotta and Agnelli have made it clear that they expect this side to win domestically and compete for CL. Those are reasonable expectations given the quality of the players at the club and the investments that have been made. The expectations for this side are the same as the sides you mentioned above, and justifiably so. This side has not received much criticism thus far this season because, bar the Italian Super Cup, it has met expectations despite less than convincing displays.

You expect everyone to be a blind cheerleader for this side and not express any opinions other than positive ones. Feel free to live in your fantasy land. A passing observer could tell you that the play has been inconsistent, and supporters should be justifiably concerned when this side faces a Real, Barca or Bayern.